Muschamp to SCar a "Done Deal," SOS denies it

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The Original DC;n125942 said:
It does sorta suck to have two former head coaches directly competing against us. I love Spurrier as much as anyone, frankly, he created all this. But this rivaling Florida thing has gone about as far as it needs to. I'm ready for him to retire and come on home.

DC, if you really think about it we could have 3 former Gator coaches competing against us on the recruiting trail at least. You know Meyer loves to sniff around our recruits.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n125942 said:
It does sorta suck to have two former head coaches directly competing against us. I love Spurrier as much as anyone, frankly, he created all this. But this rivaling Florida thing has gone about as far as it needs to. I'm ready for him to retire and come on home.
Exactly. You aren't going to win that last SECC, Spurcock. Retire already before you start looking like Booby Bowden over there.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
ufgator812;n125919 said:
Just concrete flipping his script again.

Ox Mini, please tell me how I'm flipping my script ? Or for that matter what is a message board script ? I just give an opinion and you just criticize....Maybe you could actually join in and give an opinion one day ?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good Luck Will... mercifully you are gone.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n125924 said:
... People on here must have forgot he was a good DC and the year we played against the barn and he was the DC in 2007 Muschamp's D held a Tim Tebow lead Gator team to a season low 14 point if I remember right. Think they beat us 17-14. You're just being silly if you think he is not a good DC and recruiter.

Yeah, the 2007 game was by a field goal or less. I remember them kicking the game winner. A pretty long one, I believe. Don't forget it was his defense at the Barn that shut us down in 2006 also and gave us our lone loss for the year.

But alas, Muschamp sucks, blah, blah, blah, everything about him sucks.

Here's the thing. I wanted his ass fired. I was happy when it finally happened. I like the J Mac hire and have high hoped for the future. Hoping we begin another dynasty run! I am excited about our future AND I am so pumped the misery of the WM era is over. But I'm a nut swinger just because I also acknowledge he's a good defensive coach.
:jerkit:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n125833 said:
What makes you think our defense would not have been as good under another coach? Do you know how much talent we had on defense when Muschamp took over?

Jilted lover.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n125995 said:
But I'm a nut swinger just because I also acknowledge he's a good defensive coach.
No, you're a nutswinger because you appear terrified we're going to have to face the man on a regular basis.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck, no hard feelings, hope we kick your a$$.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n125716 said:
agreed.
didn't McElwain's offense run ram shod over his defense in a NC a few games back? How soon people forget how bad the tx D was the last couple yrs b4 we hired him.
yeah, with a top 5 ranked recruiting class every year to boot. I can't see the fear people have of his recruiting prowess. Besides, i think he ends up taking a HC in an Illinois type school.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp sucks so bad at coaching defense..why does everyone and their mother want him as their defensive coordinator?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n125962 said:
DC, if you really think about it we could have 3 former Gator coaches competing against us on the recruiting trail at least. You know Meyer loves to sniff around our recruits.

True, three former coaches asking kids to come play at their school instead of Florida. I expect it from the other two, I'd prefer Spurrier to come on home and be on our side again.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's amazing that people STILL think this is true. Could it happen, sure. Has it happened...ummm, NO!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's a shame this guy is still dividing the fan base. What a waste of four years.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Leroy Jenkins;n126004 said:
If Muschamp sucks so bad at coaching defense..why does everyone and their mother want him as their defensive coordinator?

Because their current defenses suck eggs? And the new guy always looks better (on paper)?

In reality, Chimp is above average as a DC but certainly not elite.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp's defensive legacy here is giving us the worst defensive performance in the history of our school. And that is all the while having all the talent he could manage to recruit. South Carolina is welcome to him.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Muschamp is a top DC. It's not a debatable point. To say otherwise makes you look very foolish.

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Either place he gos, it hurts us, especially USCe. Will all of you disallow that Chump might actually learn a few management skills there and maybe even learn to give the keys of the O to the OC? Scarey to think about. One thing I believe, we ll know what our poison is with Chump in 5 or so days, man, I wish the Ducks, or Nebraska would make him an offer.
Bayergator

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just looking forward to when/if we meet WM on the field agian and we're able to tell him "BOOM, Mfer."

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Tn,
If hes at SC maybe, if hes at AU it might be him saying that. Surround him with plenty of D talent and he can still really hurt us.
Bayergator

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.