Music On Your Mind v.2

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Elvin Bishop on lead guitar, Dickey Betts on rhythm, and Mickey Thomas (of Jefferson Starship) on lead vocals with no auto tune hitting those notes:

Edit: Not ghey.

Last edited:

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Elvin Bishop on lead guitar, Dickey Betts on rhythm, and Mickey Thomas (of Jefferson Starship) on lead vocals with no auto tune hitting those notes:

Edit: Not ghey.

Now that brings back so very old memories. I saw Elvin several times during the 70's and his group were excellent. Betts & Mickey weren't with him--I'm assuming this was a special deal where various artist were there to join in between their own sets. In any event--Betts goes without saying....one of the best guitarists ever. Mickey Thomas may be one of, if not THE more often overlooked and under-appreciated vocalists ever. His voice was unequalled when it came to hitting some notes with no wavering at all. He made Starship what it was much more than Grace Slick IMO--Jefferson Airplane is a different story altogether. She just happened to have longevity--talent too, but she was playing concerts with Adam & Eve in attendance--she had been around that long.

One more here of Elvin that was a signature piece back in the day. Sad that the technology was what it was back then....but, it's all we had.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
This evening in Casselberry, free concert w/ Dana Fuchs, Jon 'Boogie' Long, and Big Ron Betts opening up. Starts at 5pm, Lake Concord Park

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This band is big in the UK. Coming to Sanford Dec. 14

The opening 3 chords in that sounded sooooo similar to a couple of tunes from the 60's. I mean eerily similar--only problem is I can put my finger on which ones by names.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
R.I.P. Fingers Taylor, original Coral Reefer Band. His harp went together with Jimmy Buffett's music like rum goes together with coke.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
I learned a thing today. A friend wrote on facebook a story of Gregg Allman. I didn't believe it at first. I met Gregg a few times and have friends who knew him well in Daytona but I never heard this story. It was well before my time. I found a video of it. Its quite the story as he tells it.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I learned a thing today. A friend wrote on facebook a story of Gregg Allman. I didn't believe it at first. I met Gregg a few times and have friends who knew him well in Daytona but I never heard this story. It was well before my time. I found a video of it. Its quite the story as he tells it.

Great story.....a foot shooting party. :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.