Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some info from 247:

A quarterback out of high school, Ivory signed with Mississippi Valley State as a member of the class of 2020. However, he eventually opted for the junior college route, grew to a 6-foot-5 and 255-pounds and attracted the attention of Power Five programs as a defender.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Check out his hudl, YouTube and Instagram. Or not.
I can but I'm not equipped to analyze a player's potential, especially against the level of player he competed against. Is the concern that his film was manipulated or not actually of him? That he might somehow be misrepresenting his potential?

No surprise he's not on the depth chart, if not even practicing with the team. Good for him feeling confident enough in his position to post information about his arrival, or lack of. I just don't know how staff found him, in California of all places, and decided that though nobody else out West thought much of him, they found a solid player. Really, there weren't any solid over achievers in the Southeast? Okay. We will see what happens. I just hope for the sake of our depth, he wasn't misleading about his speed and abilities.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
praise jesus, goon had me doubting.
you mean THIS guy?!?!?!?
Day Today GIF

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It certainly is an interesting puzzle Napier is putting together. Let's hope all the pieces fit.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It certainly is an interesting puzzle Napier is putting together. Let's hope all the pieces fit.
Exactly.

I listened to Gators Breakdown Podcast’s interview with Princely U. this morning. (Great interview BTW.) They talked about the lack of depth at the EDGE/OLB spot. Ivory at least adds a sizable piece there.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Exactly.

I listened to Gators Breakdown Podcast’s interview with Princely U. this morning. (Great interview BTW.) They talked about the lack of depth at the EDGE/OLB spot. Ivory at least adds a sizable piece there.

Not just edge, but all along the line.

Hearing how Gervon was run into the ground with reps and Princely was playing interior was horrible.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

Looking at the height and weight measurements for the July roster: All the edge guys are in the 250-270 range. LBs are in 220-240 range. Interior DL found the beef. Princely says the transfer DLs are plug and play. Corey is going for long tall DBs in the 180-200 range. We’ll need our portal guys to lead in areas like LB.

The quality of the recruits we are getting continues to improve. Bateman has shown life on the trail, but we need more elite talent at LB, badly. The days of Grantham’s silly schemes and flyweight players are ending. Toney was not a first, second or third choice and was out of his depth. Let’s see what AA can do with this improving, but young, group.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

Questions whose answers will determine this season and likely next:

Can AA get the defense playing at a higher level?

Can the OL become a strong point despite departures?

Can Mertz be at least serviceable and avoid throwing games away?

Can BN improve his in game adjustments and time management?

recruiting and facilities are not the problems they were until recently so we can at least take those off the table.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Questions whose answers will determine this season and likely next:

Can AA get the defense playing at a higher level?

Can the OL become a strong point despite departures?

Can Mertz be at least serviceable and avoid throwing games away?

Can BN improve his in game adjustments and time management?

recruiting and facilities are not the problems they were until recently so we can at least take those off the table.
So,.. you're telegraphing the things you're planning to complain about. Thanks.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think every coach has a pieced together team because of the portal.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think every coach has a pieced together team because of the portal.
It’s common to hear about teams who have turned over roster with transfers and recruits. UF has. And everyone feels good about their transfers in.

BN showed last year that he has an eye for talent as his transfers and recruits led the team. A lot is riding on ours: Mertz, the DTs, OL and the LBs. Those are a lot of question marks that all need to come through and work well together. But I like our chances.*

*Irrepressible preseason optimist

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The helmet is not the uniform.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So, this could be confusing. The Air Force Academy used to have a sign board and the end of the halls in the dorms announcing what uniform combinations for morning parade. One combination included "gloves, under arms." You can just imagine how many doolies showed up with their white gloves tucked in their armpits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.