Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
At the beginning of this year I thought we would somehow eek out maybe a 9-4 record(including a bowl game win). Especially after the Utah win, I felt really encouraged. It’s amazing how fast the drop off happened. The Utah and Kentucky games were stunning polar opposites.

AR is basically a better version of Treon Harris. If you remember, the first two passes for Harris in his Gator career were two long passes for touchdowns. He also threw a stunning long pass during the 2015 SEC Championship Game for a touchdown. They both throw beautiful long balls, but are hopeless on the short to medium distance passes. It’s time for AR to move on, and I think he knows that.

I’m willing to give Napier next year. There were a lot of circumstances that went into the failure of this season. One could even argue that those circumstances were virtually impossible to completely overcome. We need to focus on finishing strong in recruiting and making the necessary coaching changes. I think we’ll be ok.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ike got let go by Freeze at Auburn. Billy needs to go get him.

ShimmeringCoolBat-size_restricted.gif

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Ike got let go by Freeze at Auburn. Billy needs to go get him.

ShimmeringCoolBat-size_restricted.gif
Absolutely not. KC has improved our receivers and recruits well.....you dont get rid of good and established coaches for a guy just because he played here. I suppose you want to hire Tim Tebow as QB coach and Bell for OC also

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Absolutely not. KC has improved our receivers and recruits well.....you dont get rid of good and established coaches for a guy just because he played here. I suppose you want to hire Tim Tebow as QB coach and Bell for OC also

Agree on Ike. Just not good timing for him or us. But ftr, I’d take Bell and Tebow as OC/QB on the current coaching staff right now.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There are enough "analyst" and "advisor" positions that we can creature to hire him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Id hire Tim as the cheerleader or get up guy but thats about it...lol

Maybe Bell can be the "Fat-Guy" coach and show everyone how to gain weight

Yeah, as GW said, I’d just like to get competent people here in some capacity, especially Gators. There’s some analyst/coach who’s always giving AR pointers and encouragement on the sidelines. I see him at the Gator walk. I don’t know who he is, but I’d be ok replacing him with someone like Tebow. And we need an OC, so KB could help there and we lose one of the OL coaches.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yeah, as GW said, I’d just like to get competent people here in some capacity, especially Gators. There’s some analyst/coach who’s always giving AR pointers and encouragement on the sidelines. I see him at the Gator walk. I don’t know who he is, but I’d be ok replacing him with someone like Tebow. And we need an OC, so KB could help there and we lose one of the OL coaches.

Just gonna have to disagree with you on two things. Our offense actually had solid production so I don't want to gain an OC and lose an OL coach since OL was one of our stronger points this year. Plus remember in a few years the on-field coaches actually gets bigger I believe so don't throw away something good for a short term gain...

As for the "We need Gators" thing....a lot of programs have done that and it hasnt worked out. Get the best you can get regardless of where they came from

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Just gonna have to disagree with you on two things. Our offense actually had solid production so I don't want to gain an OC and lose an OL coach since OL was one of our stronger points this year. Plus remember in a few years the on-field coaches actually gets bigger I believe so don't throw away something good for a short term gain...

As for the "We need Gators" thing....a lot of programs have done that and it hasnt worked out. Get the best you can get regardless of where they came from
except UGA, no thanks

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree on Ike. Just not good timing for him or us. But ftr, I’d take Bell and Tebow as OC/QB on the current coaching staff right now.
There is supposedly a huge move for them to completely remove the coach count limitation. Just because all the big schools have circumvented it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator