Napier’s first full offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
With that abortion of a championship game over, this concludes the worst two years of Florida football in my 38 years of existence. Billy, if you’re reading this, fix it- quickly

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think I’d feel more confident if he was driving something other than the minivan. Maybe a Cadillac like the one Butters was using to tour the campus with Eddie Pinero that time.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I am in no way a CBN apologist, but I am willing to give him some time to fixed what I think was a mess.

For those of you who think a first year grade is important, what grade would you have Cousin Eddie, or Butters for that matter, after year one? If it’s a passing grade, answer me this: do you wish they were still at UF?

Passing grade - yes.

Do I wish they were still here - no.

Its not either or. Mullen had a GREAT year until the bowl game with Trask at QB. LSU was like WTF, but he whipped uga's ass that year. Glad he's gone because he wasn't cutting it after that.

First years are important. 3 season is enough time to show what you can do. Billy didn't do much his first year. Losing season, lost to every rival, scoring streak was almost gone, it was bad. I did see things I thought were much better, especially on defense. I thought our tackling was greatly improved. We missed some, but not nearly as bad as previous year. Defense got set well before the O was ready to snap. OL was much improved. Running game was great. QB play not so much. Richardson really regressed or played 99% of the time to not get hurt and protect his draft position. Glad he is leaving.

Billy doesn't get an F, but he does get an Incomplete overaall and a Needs Much Improvement in a lot of areas.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just a hunch, but if Will Grier had stayed clean, UGA wouldn't be running away and hiding right now. Not saying Old Hee Haw was the answer, but the East at the time was weak and we made it to Atlanta twice without a QB. Grier staying for three of four years would have changed the complexion of everything.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Just a hunch, but if Will Grier had stayed clean, UGA wouldn't be running away and hiding right now. Not saying Old Hee Haw was the answer, but the East at the time was weak and we made it to Atlanta twice without a QB. Grier staying for three of four years would have changed the complexion of everything.

You realize DonkeyTeeth encouraged him to leave, right? Guy wanted to stay and Mac pretty much told him it wouldnt look good and that Del Taco was there

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
@InsideTheGators: Florida doesn't make ESPN's too early Top 25 for next season. Or, the next 10. So basically, they don't see Florida as a top 35 team.

At the moment I don’t either. Not trying to be negative but this two deep is going to be ALOT of FR and SO and transfers

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
At the moment I don’t either. Not trying to be negative but this two deep is going to be ALOT of FR and SO and transfers
6-6.

Should see improvement on DL and OL throught the year.

Should see improvement with the D over last year. I see the D keeping us in some games.

The O will be very 2005ish. (almost unbearable).

Should see a big leap in 2024.

( which may be fans leaping off of bridges)

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
My one issue with billy has always been that his offense leaves very little margin for error and seems to be predicated on being more talented than the opponent at every spot save WR . It just doesnt seem to me to be conducive to a quick turnaround

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My one issue with billy has always been that his offense leaves very little margin for error and seems to be predicated on being more talented than the opponent at every spot save WR . It just doesnt seem to me to be conducive to a quick turnaround
That's exactly my concern. I see nothing indicating superior coaching or scheme. That means we have to be better at the individual positions. And I don't see us even close to Georgia, maybe even or slightly better than lsu in 2 more cycles. Maybe. Real exciting.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
IDK why people are upset about the Ben Chase hire. it seems legit. UF grad, Georgetown law grad, loves football, clearly understands marketing and promotion. Loves football, loves UF.

Honestly sounds like a good fit.

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
"A 33-year-old attorney who specializes in helping to build name, image, and likeness (NIL) collectives, Chase is a University of Florida graduate who loves college football."

He lived out of the van while breaking the record for college football games attended. I'm sure UF will supply him with a better vehicle, but the van makes a great story to tell recruits while filling them in on how many zeros they can expect NIL-wise. Or he could keep it and be an under the radar bagman.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
"A 33-year-old attorney who specializes in helping to build name, image, and likeness (NIL) collectives, Chase is a University of Florida graduate who loves college football."

He lived out of the van while breaking the record for college football games attended. I'm sure UF will supply him with a better vehicle, but the van makes a great story to tell recruits while filling them in on how many zeros they can expect NIL-wise. Or he could keep it and be an under the radar bagman.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
You realize DonkeyTeeth encouraged him to leave, right? Guy wanted to stay and Mac pretty much told him it wouldnt look good and that Del Taco was there
And on top of that, Bangz was bringing in top 3 recruiting classes compared to Hee Haw’s top 20 ones. Grier may have kept them competitive with the dwags, but it wasn’t by happenstance that they came within a 2nd and 26 busted coverage of beating Bama in the 2017 title game.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Dodge Grand Caravan actually makes a great stealth camper. Have watched videos on conversions.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online