This won't end well...

giphy.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mind the salary as long as he earns it. The past few never did as far as I'm concerned.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Good Riddance. For a dozen years, all we have ever heard is when UF faces an equal or better opponent everyone can physically see the difference in size, agility, athletic ability, yet these teams are all recruiting the same guys. How is this possible for so long? And even though we are outsized, we have not had any speed advantage on any of these teams. They have very fast players also. Speed is only a factor when you outtalent the opponent. when on a somewhat level playing field, other things seem much more important.

Last edited:

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
One way to look at this, is that if he fails (see last three duds) then he may never be a HC at a P5 again. I see how SS had to up the ante to get the hire done quickly. There is risk on both sides of this deal. We can not have immediate sky high expectations. I just watched a behind the scenes video on Bama. We are $150m and 15 years behind with facilities and staff. If he can recruit and surround himself with good staff and great processes than maybe by year four we will be top 10 again.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Id like to start at 3 mil, give a mil for beating Ugly, a mil for beating clowns, a mil for SECG appearance, 2 mil for championship etc. Do the same for the coaching staff. They need skin in the game.

The buyouts should be a year or two of whatever they earned the last year or last two years.
You want a fantasy. We have no leverage.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
To me, the fact that he's forced a shakeup in the way UF doles out resources is worth the $51.8 million alone. He's going to open up eyes on how to actually run an entire football program, stuff that is going to stick even after he's gone. Even if he fails, he's going to be the first coach in a very long time to leave things better than the way he found them instead of worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.