Napier presser 2-7-24

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Again, this is not a serious program but what kind of a dingleberry do you have to be to have like every position be managed by two or more guys? Delegate to one and then have a hierarchy. But we got so many co-managed positions.

If Billy ran a restraunt he'd have one guy being co-head chef/janitor and another being co-head chef/busboy.

Detail oriented my foot...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Our Head Coach is such a good coach that he doesn't have time to coach the Coaches. Instead, he's hired a Coach that he can coach to coach the Coaches. It's a brilliant move and something no one else has even begun to think about. That is until now.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Again, this is not a serious program but what kind of a dingleberry do you have to be to have like every position be managed by two or more guys? Delegate to one and then have a hierarchy. But we got so many co-managed positions.

Detail oriented my foot...
Napier seems "dumb". There's not much room to think of him any other way. And it's not like he fails because he's lazy, not recruiting, not working. He fails because he's "dumb". He sets himself and the program up to fail then pretends like nobody saw what they did or failed to do. "oh that, that's what you're referring to?"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He sets himself and the program up to fail then pretends like nobody saw what they did or failed to do. "oh that, that's what you're referring to?"
SOS to this day can quote halftime scores, plays, regrets of specific play calls or player errors. Meyer looked ready to kill someone after a loss and sometimes after a close win. He could cite exact errors, who missed a read or lined up wrong. Hell, he fired a 5 star kid for messing up a ST play vs LSU, no questions. Off the team.

Billy doesnt know if we are supposed to have 11 players on the field or why people think it is an issue.

The gulf between Slingblade and a good coach is enormous. It isnt just IQ. He simpy doesnt have IT.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
SOS to this day can quote halftime scores, plays, regrets of specific play calls or player errors. Meyer looked ready to kill someone after a loss and sometiems after a close win. He could cite exact errors. Hell, he fired a 5 star kid for messing up a ST play vs LSU, no questions.

And Billy doesnt know if we are supposed to have 11 players on the field or why people think it is an issue.

The gulf between Slingblade and a good coach is enormous. It isnt just IQ. He simpy doesnt have IT.
100%.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You're probably joking, but he does seem like a guy that's determined to prove he can do it with his buddies. That, or perhaps he really cannot attract, for whatever reasons, an impressive coaching staff. I think he has too much on his plate, which is on him, obviously.
I think he knows there’s zero pressure on him because he’s set for life after landing a job he wasn’t qualified for and had no chance of succeeding at. It’s actually not completely true since had he come in admitting to himself he needed a ton of help making this move up, he could have hired best available coordinators and let them not only call the plays but also manage the in game decisions. Had he done this he could have had a chance. But Stubborn and stupid is a bad combination. The fact that he hasn’t hired an OC, a single OL coach who doesn’t need a partner and is a competent recruiter, or an actual ST coach is a huge f/u to the fans, there’s no way around that.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Whew! I'm glad we resigned our o-line coaches before someone came and snatched them up.
That's why we have two. Gots to have one for backup in case someone poaches our OC and lead OL recruiter, Sale.
Oh, so happy to have two again for some reason.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
SOS to this day can quote halftime scores, plays, regrets of specific play calls or player errors. Meyer looked ready to kill someone after a loss and sometimes after a close win. He could cite exact errors, who missed a read or lined up wrong. Hell, he fired a 5 star kid for messing up a ST play vs LSU, no questions. Off the team.

Billy doesnt know if we are supposed to have 11 players on the field or why people think it is an issue.

Spurrier and Meyer were originals.

All the rest were cheap, wannabe imitations.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I started watching and said to self "this is thirty five minutes I cannot get back". Then I listened and I walked away with these thoughts.

The Good!

1) BN is never going to walk back his primary obsession on "character". We will stay at the top of the SEC in GPA and solid citizens who stay in our football program. I do not believe this will result in championships but do believe it has always been the intent of the student/athlete historically. How well it will play in the "rent a playa" system is not clear to me.

2) BN for all his dufus looks and silly word salad linguistics is really super smart in his understanding of the ulterior motives of the coaching profession. Those of us who have been there and done that know the most satisfaction you can achieve, absent winning it all, is to develop young men into those guys you want to date and marry your daughters. Knowing you are putting the skills in place to make them successful in life as provider, husband, father, son makes you want to coach the next season. I know this is true and all those who have invested years/ decade into this role know it too.

3) He seems to be understanding that the portal is the key to his success confirmed with his "each team is different" comment along with the analyst staff are always evaluating those who we missed that may return "being number two isn't terrible" and we have evaluated every position even when we think we are deep in order to fill gaps.

4) Armstrong has been demoted regardless of what the title says. The new "mentor, head defensive coach" is currently in charge of the D.

5) Hopefully, the special teams analyst (coach) from Patriots will get everything solved in practice because games still do not have anyone in charge.

The Bad

1) I do not know whether his insistence of only choosing from coaches he has worked with previously is comfort or he just cannot get anyone else to jump onto a sinking ship?

2) This leopard isn't going to significantly change his spots. He believes he is correct and will take the torpedo to prove it!

3) He is going to succeed or fail with high character, developmental project players. He is not going mercenary........ Aaron Hernandez would not get invited to a BN team.

4) He clearly knows he is not on the hot seat and is going to continue to plug along at his methodical pace

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. BN for all his dufus looks and silly word salad linguistics is really super smart in his understanding of the ulterior motives of the coaching profession. Those of us who have been there and done that know the most satisfaction you can achieve, absent winning it all, is to develop young men into those guys you want to date and marry your daughters. Knowing you are putting the skills in place to make them successful in life as provider, husband, father, son makes you want to coach the next season. I know this is true and all those who have invested years/ decade into this role know it too.
Yes, we know. Life champion. Brick by brick.
Word salad is the sure sign of incredible intelligence, just like with Kamala.

He just looks and talks like a potato. It is all an act to hidenhis genius, including football genius.

Bad Hair Day Love GIF by Danny Casale

Sure he isnt on the hotseat.

Everyone thinks they arent on the hotseat until the swamp starts ringing with "FIRE NAPIER"

This fuchsing retard has damn near zero chance of surviving October on the way to his third consecutive O fer November.

Last edited:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The gulf between Slingblade and a good coach is enormous. It isnt just IQ. He simpy doesnt have it
Swamp Donkey is dead on here. That gulf is light years, not just enormous. I have to say I forced myself to watch this turd slog through the tortuous 34 minutes of his presser. I can say I've never seen someone at his position in a program of this caliber simply walk through the motions the way he did here. It's almost like he's literally telling anyone whose watching he simply doesn't give a damn about this team, the program, or the fans with his dead pan delivery. I believe Swamp Donkey named him Slingblade and that moniker never fit anyone as well as that. He comes across as stupid and incompetent with the exception of his acute ability on now to cash that check he's getting. I've never been as depressed in an offseason as I am with this doofus. He has no sense of how dumbfoundingly stupid he looks and sounds. Its just amazing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

jack black douche GIF

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Russ Callaway is a better option than some of the names that were mentioned.

I’ve generally tried to stay off anything social media for a month while checking this board on and off. I saw a post somewhere literally saying that not even Nick Saban would’ve had better records at UF the last two years and decided I need to step back for a while for my sanity.

Anyways, to Donk’s point, Callaway did have some explosive offenses at Samford.

Now will he be allowed “to cook” as the kids say, is another question. Also, as I said in season, why the f*** don’t you give him the reigns as a try out during the bye week and the final 5 games so you know whether it works or not (at least with him playcalling your playbook). That way if it doesn’t you make a hire. Or if it does work you look like a genius with upward trajectory.

Hopefully this works, I’m sick of losing. I’m also sick of seeing an offense that sh*ts the bed against good defenses (do we include Charlotte there?) and a defense that is sh*t.

Now to air fry some taters. Mmhmm.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve generally tried to stay off anything social media for a month while checking this board on and off. I saw a post somewhere literally saying that not even Nick Saban would’ve had better records at UF the last two years and decided I need to step back for a while for my sanity.

Anyways, to Donk’s point, Callaway did have some explosive offenses at Samford.

Now will he be allowed “to cook” as the kids say, is another question. Also, as I said in season, why the f*** don’t you give him the reigns as a try out during the bye week and the final 5 games so you know whether it works or not (at least with him playcalling your playbook). That way if it doesn’t you make a hire. Or if it does work you look like a genius with upward trajectory.

Hopefully this works, I’m sick of losing. I’m also sick of seeing an offense that sh*ts the bed against good defenses (do we include Charlotte there?) and a defense that is sh*t.

Now to air fry some taters. Mmhmm.
Yes, spurdog himself couldn't win 7 games with this team. Urban would have a losing record. :rolleyes3:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'll hold up fingers on one hand to call the play:
1. TE pass to the flat
2. TE pass up the seam
3. Tebow-Hernandez shuttle pass to TE up the middle.
4. Tebow-Hernandez jump pass.
5. Punt (by the TE).

Do we really need any other plays?
it could work gene wilder GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member