Napier's press conference 01/14/22

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Right?" has become the new "You know?" after every sentence. There's no denying it.
Dude, compared to the weirdo rantings of Chimp, Butters, and Mullinz, Napier sounds like a Nobel Prize winner. He speaks clearly with almost no coach BS. It's refreshing.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Dude, compared to the weirdo rantings of Chimp, Butters, and Mullinz, Napier sounds like a Nobel Prize winner. He speaks clearly with almost no coach BS. It's refreshing.
It really is an indictment of our last three previous hires that the mere fact of Napier’s competence, candor, and likability is noteworthy. And it is, as you note, refreshing.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m holding out all hope it’s actually not Coach speak this go around. The 3 pre there all Coach speak and the mass majority ate it up from the get go, kinda like you’ve done w/ CBN. I like everything I’ve seen this far.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m holding out all hope it’s actually not Coach speak this go around. The 3 pre there all Coach speak and the mass majority ate it up from the get go, kinda like you’ve done w/ CBN. I like everything I’ve seen this far.
This board overwhelmingly rejected all 3 of those coaches from day 1.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This board overwhelmingly rejected all 3 of those coaches from day 1.

donald-trump-wrong.gif

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That’s a rather long jump to a conclusion. Maybe an annoying verbal tick to you, but to equate it to “lack of intellect” sounds quite petty.

I just listened to a recent Joe Rogan podcast with Lt. General HR McMaster who was Trump's first National Security Advisor. McMaster used the word "right" throughout the 1.5 hour podcast. He did not use it as frequently as Billy does but he used it in the same way. It is usually someone with a teaching, coaching, or some other instructional background. Rather than being a sign of ignorance, it is a rhetorical device intentionally used to elicit agreement especially when the audience is unfamiliar with the subject matter. I do not have 3 PhD's (earned or otherwise) but I did have 8 semesters of homiletics.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you get the first question in the room for BN and it's "so, without looking at your notes, how many people have you hired"?
So Mr. President, is it boxers or briefs?

Edgar strikes me as a slimy little man with plenty of criticism and SAS and little wisdom or moral fortitude. I wish he was a lot less prominent in the Gators press corps.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Seeing the vision Napier is laying out is totally refreshing and a lot different from the last bozos we hired.

That's the first step. The big step is action and creating the winning culture. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.