National media torches WiLLLLLLLie after FSU collapse

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again, taggart had a losing record when they hired him. He loses more than 50% of his games.

Why would they expect anything else? That is what baffles me. They hire a losing coach and get mad when he loses?

47-50 head coaching record upon hire

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look, I once took an elective journalism class just to sit next to a girl that had nice feet. So you won’t here any judgement from me.

But I’m not sure this is the place to open these types of unsolicited, borderline creepy conversations. That talk should really be reserved for PMs.
Since when are foot fetishes not openly welcomed here? Prude!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have to admit I like that foot shot.

"I know, right!"

4d3082f14bd7c8672e2e0000-750.jpg

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Since when are foot fetishes not openly welcomed here? Prude!
IKR?!

Her avatar pic has been asked about and talked about, openly, many times here over several year's timespan.

I too didn't understand why he got so triggered over it.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I hate to say it but his days are numbered.
I'd give him at least 5 years...however he me not make Christmas.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What’s funny is this same media are the guys that claimed he was a home run and everyone should be fighting for him.

This is the key takeaway from this situation. Sports writers are just like political hacks pretending to be journalists. They gushed over Willie without researching his history and record because of political reasons. They go so far as to try and shame you if you don’t hire him by whispering slurs if you balk.

Once everything goes south they run to the front of the movement and pretend like they were on board from the beginning. Total hypocrites.

Reminds me of a certain sports writer that called people gidiots only to reverse his position when the lights came on

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As far as FSU being broke, all it would take is one or two very rich boosters to come up with the $20 million. It could happen if FSU looks bad enough.

However, for that to happen I think they would have to know who the new hire is in advance, and it would have to be a home run.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As far as FSU being broke, all it would take is one or two very rich boosters to come up with the $20 million. It could happen if FSU looks bad enough.

However, for that to happen I think they would have to know who the new hire is in advance, and it would have to be a home run.
How many wealthy clowns have you known in your life?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Muschamp may be available soon.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As several posters have mentions many times the coaching industry is a lot of whom you know more so than what you know. The Harbaugh family loves them some Willie to the point where it has helped him earn 3 Head Coaching positions without really showing his worth. He is the same coach he was at USF and Oregon. Love the fact they put him in that ridiculous contract.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Couple of points beyond the financials to consider.

Despite the inevitable "evaluate at the end of season" talk from AD's, the fact is, decisions are already made weeks, if not months in advance. So not only would it be extremely bad from a PR standpoint because of it being their first ever minority coach that they're firing. They'd also effectively be admitting that they gave up on him after a season and a few games(at most). That's reeks of having their minds made up before he even coached a game, which gives way to the obvious charge, especially from a southern school.

In line with that, what I rarely hear people talk about is how much of a disservice Fisher did by having that awful final year. By him basically mailing it in(see Meyer 2010), it gave way to the impression that this was a program in disarray and would need considerable time to fix. Whether it's true or not(6th most talented team in cfb), perception rules and the media have run with this, similar to WM's defenders at UF. So WT is going to be viewed as a guy who was tasked with taking over a disaster and rebuilding, and then fired as if the 2018 and 2019 records are actually his fault, when they're actually in line with 2017's record under Fisher. That's a tough one to explain yourself out of. It appears that in addition to passing his wife out to former Gator players at will, Jimbo did us another favor by just not caring in his final season.

And to your last point, I think that's the issue--they're not going to have a homerun lining up to take over this mess, handsomely paid or not. A new head coach in 2020 would not only inherit a previous staff's bad apples and misfits, but his predecessor's bad apples and misfits. It's like a single mother with 2 bad kids, from two tumultuous ex's. It's just not that attractive if you're looking long-term. I'd be shocked if any high profile name would readily step up, inherit a position at a school that will be presently getting raked over the coals for "racism", has Clemson in their division, not to mention if UF and um look good this year, and has a bunch of disenfranchised players from two previous regimes.

Not saying they won't try it, but as dumb as they are in Clowntown, I think there's enough brains to know they're in trouble and at least a year away from being able to have this conversation, probably even two or three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.