Nebraska hires Oregon State's Mike Riley

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He does decent with the talent he gets. Curious to see how this works out.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's a good hire for Nebraska. OSU doesn't get the talent the other schools in the PAC12 get. Maybe OSU hires Muschamp as their new HC?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n124831 said:
I think it's a good hire for Nebraska. OSU doesn't get the talent the other schools in the PAC12 get. Maybe OSU hires Muschamp as their new HC?

What a surprise, a coach out west is hired and you like him.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n124835 said:
What a surprise, a coach out west is hired and you like him.

What a surprise, I have something to say and you don't like it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n124796 said:
Lateral move for Nebraska. Maybe even backwards.

I agree with this. I am shocked that Nebraska made this hire. He was been with the Beavs for 14 years. My gut tells me he was tired of playing 2nd fiddle the Ducks. I went to a game once in Corvallis. It is... um... a different atmosphere than Gainesville.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A great example as to how shallow the coaching pool is this year.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A great example on how a coaching search should go from a privacy standpoint versus our amateur hour attempt. I mean did the CIA run their search?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n124831 said:

Why is he a good hire?

In his 14 years with the Beavs, he has an average number of wins of 6.6 and always had more than 4 losses in every single season. He finished in the top 25 of the coaches poll 3 times. THREE. Never won the Pac-10 (Pac-12.... Pac14.... whatever the hell it is called).

He might be a class act and character builder.... but he's not going to bring Nebraska back to their glory..

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n124876 said:
Why is he a good hire?

In his 14 years with the Beavs, he has an average number of wins of 6.6 and always had more than 4 losses in every single season. He finished in the top 25 of the coaches poll 3 times. THREE. Never won the Pac-10 (Pac-12.... Pac14.... whatever the hell it is called).

He might be a class act and character builder.... but he's not going to bring Nebraska back to their glory..

Just heard BSPN say a few minutes ago that this is a good hire for them because NU is no longer the powerhouse they were in the 90s. They are now a "transitional school" and this is a good hire for a transitional school. OUCH! Pretty correct, but still...OUCH!

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we had hired him I would have found the closest bridge.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n124872 said:
A great example on how a coaching search should go from a privacy standpoint versus our amateur hour attempt. I mean did the CIA run their search?

The counter argument to this is that everyone cares what happens at a place like Florida. Nebraska, not so much.

Also, they obviously have no where near the dedicated and informed message board posters that we do. Between FlightAware and the fleet of drones in formation with Foley at all times, not even the CIA could pull off a quiet search for the next UF coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BoomTown;n124904 said:
The counter argument to this is that everyone cares what happens at a place like Florida. Nebraska, not so much.
Didn't used to be that way. Nebraska was an enormous college football powerhouse for decades. Pretty sad, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator