New coaching staff #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n155318 said:
Vitel has credibility?

Yeah, it's great to listen to him.... any time I want to hear an hour's worth of Yankees bs.

That has nothing to do with credibility. :facepalm: Certainly you are not a lawyer ~ unless you have had severe brain damage since you graduated and/or passed the bar exam. If that is the case, I apologize.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n155213 said:
yeah, Vitel doesn't invest his own personal credibility on rumors ~ even rumors from reliable sources. That is a pretty good policy to go by.
Hey, you must have made a typo because you accidentally used the word credibility.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Looks like we've got another coach going to an enemy to recruit against us.

Warchant.com -BREAKING: #FSU hires UF's Brad Lawing to take over as DE coach. floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CI… pic.twitter.com/7Plpg9pgEF

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
And then we could see Roper recruiting against us at UT. I hope Foley learned something through all of this.

Onlygators.com -Lawing goes to FSU and there's an open OC job just waiting for Roper at Tennessee, isn't there? Would be interesting. #Gators

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What is Foley supposed to do about guys that we let go seeking employment elsewhere? Some of you are friggin simpletons. :facepalm:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n156991 said:
What is Foley supposed to do about guys that we let go seeking employment elsewhere? Some of you are friggin simpletons. :facepalm:

Obviously some posters here think the coaches should work at Walmart or Burger King to avoid a conflict of interest. Here is a clue, they are not here any more because they failed to do their job. If our competitors want to live off our cast offs ~ who cares? Will they influence a couple of 18 year olds in the meantime? Who cares? We are on an improvement program and if the new coaches don't get it done they will be gone shortly.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it makes you feel better we paid their buyouts and they can double dip.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
With all the complaining about the coaching staff we FIRED going to work for our competitors, I came across this and thought I'd share:

Nick Saban is facing coaching turnover once again. This time, he’ll have to replace both linebackers coaches, as Kevin Steele took the LSU defensive coordinator job and Lance Thompson left to become Auburn’s linebackers coach.
It’s also been speculated that Lane Kiffin is the frontrunner to become the 49ers‘ new offensive coordinator, and some have speculated that his defensive coordinator, Kirby Smart, could be the frontrunner for the Atlanta Falcons’ defensive coordinator job, assuming the team hires Dan Quinn as its new head coach.
Saban was asked about the coaching turnover at the Senior Bowl, and he said Steele handled his departure in a first-class way, according to AL.com. However, Saban had a few choice words about Thompson leaving for Auburn.
“We’ve had several opportunities and given Lance several opportunities through the years and this same circumstance has occurred several times before and I can’t really tell you why coaches do what they do,” Saban said, via AL.com. “I think the best thing you can do is ask him, not me. We’ll do the best we can to find the best replacement for him. The guy did a good job when he was with us and we wish him well. We’ve always wished him well and we’ll continue to have the best program we can have for our players and get the best coaches and teachers for our players.”
It’s the second time that Thompson has bolted for another SEC program. The last time was in 2009 at Tennessee.

My few takeaways from it:
- We've seen the DC swap going on between several SEC schools
- Saban loses yet another coach, one who QUIT as opposed to getting FIRED
- Saban loses a coach to the school's (biggest ?) rival
- Thompson did this before? So like a lot of coaches it's just job movement if you aren't trying to hold onto a HBC position.

Bottom line, our coaches going to rivals is not unique - it's the nature of the business and we shouldn't be as whiney as we seem to be. Get over it. We'll out-coach them and beat them when the games come.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n157008 said:
... they are not here any more because they failed to do their job.

- If our competitors want to live off our cast offs ~ who cares? Will they influence a couple of 18 year olds in the meantime? Who cares?

We are on an improvement program...

:fistbump:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n158436 said:
Did we get a WR coach yet? Or are we going to wait till next January?

Think of the pennies we save if we do this. I think it's a great idea. We're all about spending less around BHG.

Marshall Gator

Dec 7, 2014
williston_gator;n145987 said:
@AndrewSpiveyGC: The amount of positive momentum and just overall positive atmosphere around Florida football right now is crazy. Guys are having fun again.

Andrew, that is good to hear. However, we don't have enough O-Lineman to have practice. Am I right? Do you think this staff will get that Huge need filled in this class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.