Recruiting New DT Commit

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, and even if they are good, they get hurt. 300lb men bashing on each other tend to do that.

We have way too many lightweight hybrid/projects. It's going to hurt us soon. We have only a few guys, Clark Brantley Ivie and Bryan, that are Dante Fowler sized (and many scouts thought he was actually a heavy LB) or larger. Sherit, Smith, Zuniga, Cox, Davis, Justus Reed, and Ancrum are all the size of Bammer's LBs. That's waaaay too damn many tweener projects. That isn't going to cut it.
Agreed. Sherit hasn't done much, Smith is an EE?, Zuniga went backwards on weight, Cox is solid, Reed is a scout guy, and Davis/Ancrum were desperation picks from the initial class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, and even if they are good, they get hurt. 300lb men bashing on each other tend to do that.

We have way too many lightweight hybrid/projects. It's going to hurt us soon. We have only a few guys, Clark Brantley Ivie and Bryan, that are Dante Fowler sized (and many scouts thought he was actually a heavy LB) or larger. Sherit, Smith, Zuniga, Cox, Davis, Justus Reed, and Ancrum are all the size of Bammer's LBs. That's waaaay too damn many tweener projects. That isn't going to cut it.

Fowler was something like 230 pounds when he signed with us. He reported in the summer at 275 pounds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fowler was something like 230 pounds when he signed with us. He reported in the summer at 275 pounds.
Right. That's about the minimum we need at DE in a four man front. We need more Bullard sized guys, at least, when we switch to a three man front.

he flyweight ends are only good for third and long.

Agreed. Sherit hasn't done much, Smith is an EE?, Zuniga went backwards on weight, Cox is solid, Reed is a scout guy, and Davis/Ancrum were desperation picks from the initial class.
Yeah, I remember some trying to call Zuniga a tackle. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Someone needs to be riding these guys like stolen cars all summer beating their azzes in the weight room. They ALL need to get bigger, some need to get 30-40 lbs bigger.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Right. That's about the minimum we need at DE in a four man front. We need more Bullard sized guys, at least, when we switch to a three man front.

he flyweight ends are only good for third and long.

Yeah, I remember some trying to call Zuniga a tackle. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Someone needs to be riding these guys like stolen cars all summer beating their azzes in the weight room. They ALL need to get bigger, some need to get 30-40 lbs bigger.
I'm pretty sure Collins ran more of a 4 man front defense at miss state and we seen more of that last year. I know it's all situational but I prefer that over a 3 man front with a buck/ hybrid end that we ran with muschamp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Collins ran more of a 4 man front defense at miss state and we seen more of that last year. I know it's all situational but I prefer that over a 3 man front with a buck/ hybrid end that we ran with muschamp.
Yeah, if they are all flyweights and you have no linebackers, you run 4-2-5 like we did, or 4-1-6 (with Maye at Dime/Mike).

I'm fine with a 3 man front if it's three big butts like Saban plays. It SUCKS if they include two 250 pounders. Of course, so does a 4 man front with two 250 pounders.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well Well Well! Pulling that last minute crap by switching may blow up in Manuel's face.

Dalvin with his "I'm gonna spend the 4 years at the University of Florida.... .............

.......State".

That article is from March. Is there anything current about his eligibility? If our coaches didn't know that he was having trouble academically and he was our only DT prospect we look even dumber. FSU has other studs. He was our only one. We definitely should've had more than one in the hopper.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That article is from March. Is there anything current about his eligibility? If our coaches didn't know that he was having trouble academically and he was our only DT prospect we look even dumber. FSU has other studs. He was our only one. We definitely should've had more than one in the hopper.

Why's that? We needed 7 DBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator