Recruiting New OL Transfer TJ McCoy (True Freshman)

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n238618 said:
As I said a few weeks ago, I'm in agreement that WM and his sucking is certainly not ground breaking news. But again, when each and every week we find new discoveries of his ineptitude, they're going to be discussed, and he is going to be the target of that criticism. Here's a local kid, from a Gator legacy family, at a position of need, and we don't even look at him. Meanwhile, we're focusing on guys like Max Staver. Any way you look at it, that warrants criticism.

Given all the factors here, there's zero reason he wasn't at least offered a scholarship. I'm happy he's landed where he probably should have landed all along. Good for him, his family and us.
Plenty of things to criticize Muschamp for, but I'm not convinced this is one. NC State beat Bethune Cookman, Navy, Florida Atlantic and Rutgers out for this 2-star recruit. The fact that Muschamp didn't sign any lineman while he was here is probably his biggest fault, (among many), but our expectation is that the guys he needed to sign would be significantly more qualified. No doubt Muschamp would have been criticized for settling if he'd signed TJ McCoys of the world. There are plenty of legit 3-4 star lineman who would have come to Florida if properly recruited.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;238135 said:
Hope Tony beats this again.

Anyone know why we didn't recruit a legacy?

Because he's not a DB.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
PastyStoole;n238665 said:
Plenty of things to criticize Muschamp for, but I'm not convinced this is one. NC State beat Bethune Cookman, Navy, Florida Atlantic and Rutgers out for this 2-star recruit. The fact that Muschamp didn't sign any lineman while he was here is probably his biggest fault, (among many), but our expectation is that the guys he needed to sign would be significantly more qualified. No doubt Muschamp would have been criticized for settling if he'd signed TJ McCoys of the world. There are plenty of legit 3-4 star lineman who would have come to Florida if properly recruited.

At another position I would say you maybe correct. But OL isn't always about rating. More than anything else, it's about size and acclimation to the college game--usually through time--which is why even some of the most notorious negative posters here have raved about recent signings/transfers along the line.
We needed bodies, and you generally can never have enough of them. Add in his father being a Great and I think it's easily a signing that would have been welcomed. Now, you are correct in saying that if we'd been loading up on an adequate number of 4-5*s along the OL, then yes you could justify sort of putting him off. But given our current scenario, I don't think you can.

And it's also not as if WM was averse to reaching either, which was another part of my point. Look at who we were battling to get guys like Staver. Lewis and Porter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
but our expectation is that the guys he needed to sign would be significantly more qualified
He didn't talk to 4 star tackle Pellage either. Apparently he wasn't talking to any OL. I guess he planned on signing more DL and moving the flops over. Or maybe he had no plan at all.

But its always a good time to criticize Chimp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamps problem is he refused to"reach" on any linemen. That caused our numbers to be absolutely dick at the position.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Frankly, I don't like talking about the guy at all anymore, even if it's to criticize him further. Unless he got arrested for a road rage incident or something like that. That could be kinda fun.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well 2, 3, 4* or not, WM did not land, recruit, or sign any decent OL'men at all. I am glad we're getting some bodies in there, period. Right now that position needs all the help it can get.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n238831 said:
He didn't talk to 4 star tackle Pellage either. Apparently he wasn't talking to any OL. I guess he planned on signing more DL and moving the flops over. Or maybe he had no plan at all.

Why would you expect him to talk to Pellage? Would he have been able to move him cornerback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.