NFL Cowboys, 'Stand for Anthem or you're off the team'

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i hope this is true. If you dont like it, head your ass North to Canada.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how accurate the initial article is, being it is based on a tweet mentioned July 28th 2017. But the Snopes article is based on something that happened after the first game of last season. I do not think the two are related. The tweet might be part of the reference to the Cowboys picking Luke McCown over Kapernick this past weekend as a 3rd quarterback. Which coaches said was due to coachability.

It's not specifically for this article. This article is just a perpetuation of the fake news. And everybody's falling for it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's not specifically for this article. This article is just a perpetuation of the fake news. And everybody's falling for it.

Hard to say. I could see Jones saying it and then refusing to talk about it anymore.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My brother and sister in law are Jehovah Witness. When they come to the baseball games with us, they stand for the anthem. They don't salute or anything. But they are respectful of the people there.
The fact that they are standing, immediately brands them as 'apostates' worthy of a shunning from all the other Jehovah Witness baseball enthusiasts in the stadium. No way they get into the Kingdom of Heaven with the other 144,000 lucky souls. No way.

My advice to them is to just go ahead and salute that muther fkkn flag and act like proud Americans. Go home and enjoy a little sodomy to boot, maybe blow it out at a swingers' club or two, 'cause there ain't no way they have any prospects for an afterlife. The odds are astronomically stacked against those who stand for the national anthem.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've never heard of one, but if an employee can prove it exists and he follows that religion, he would not be required to stand.

You can't prohibit employment if his religion does not permit activities which are not germane to his job functions.
Their job function is entertainment and standing for the anthem is part of the show.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What religion prohibits you from standing for the national anthem?

:dunno:

12745446_786808241449173_5387266938838263174_n.jpg

upload_2017-8-1_14-7-59.jpeg

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
What if your religion forbids it (Jehovah's Witness, for example)? Is he going to discriminate based on religion? As much as I oppose the "stance" and statement that guys like Kapernick (sp?) were making, I don't see this going well for Jerry.

Religious exemptions are covered under Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act. The law has frequently been invoked by those who refuse to perform job duties due to religious objections. The general interpretation of the law states that the employer must make a concession so long as it does not create an undue hardship on the employer.

For instance, if an NFL player refused to work on Sundays because their religion holds that Sunday must be a day of rest then that would cause undue hardship on the employer and they could fire the player.

I think an owner and their horde of lawyers could make the case that a player not standing for the anthem would cause a substantial long term financial loss. In my opinion, they would have a pretty good chance of winning the case should one be brought to court. However, if they lost the case I would be willing to bet that politicians would be lining up to be the one that sponsored the legislation that amended the law. The new legislation would pass easily.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Maybe fake news but I'd be willing to bet that it's already been communicated in the locker room.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure there's a case out there involving a muslim who was a truck driver whose sole job was to deliver beer for a beer company. He claimed it violated his religious rights and they fired him. He sued the beer company and won. Aint this country great?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I would allow them to stay in the locker room during these times if they object. No public demonstrations on my time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kneel? For the anthem? For the flag that our fathers and brothers have bled for?
Yes, that one. So, are you going to kneel again or do you feel you made your point?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, that one. So, are you going to kneel again or do you feel you made your point?

Having spent 4 years in the Air Force and being a part of multiple drug counterdiction missions, a father that spent 30 years in the Army and retired as a command sargeant major, a grandfather who fought in the battle of Okinawa, and having several colleagues killed in the Khobar Tower bombings and other friends fked up from multiple special service tours of duty - i'm not going to even grace your spiteful rhetoric with another response.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't do a ton of research. I grew up with a JW kid that lived on my street, and he said he didn't do pledge of allegiance or stand for the anthem because it was considered worshipping a false idol. It appears that isn't a strict rule according to someone here that knows.

I wasn't taking sides, I was just offering up a scenario and asking a question. Apparently that's worthy of a dislike, though.
Sensitive bunch here. Personal beliefs and differing ideologies don't matter, MURICA FIRST!!!!!!

*Then again, in the case of baking a f*cking cake, religious freedom is paramount. :rolleyes3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator