NFL Cowboys, 'Stand for Anthem or you're off the team'

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sensitive bunch here. Personal beliefs and differing ideologies don't matter, MURICA FIRST!!!!!!

*Then again, in the case of baking a f*cking cake, religious freedom is paramount. :rolleyes3:

You're arguing against yourself here, the owners in both situations have the freedom to run their business as they see fit. What point are you making exactly?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That said, I fell for this fake news :facepalm:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're arguing against yourself here, the owners in both situations have the freedom to run their business as they see fit. What point are you making exactly?
I'm saying people play the religious freedom card until it doesn't suit their agenda. In either case, I could give a sh*t.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
*Then again, in the case of baking a f*cking cake, religious freedom is paramount. :rolleyes3:

The religion freedom card ain't paramount everywhere:

Two Oregon Christian bakers tried to appeal a judge’s ruling that forced them to pay $135,000 to a gay couple Thursday.

Aaron and Melissa Klein, the co-owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, must pay the money after refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding, reports the Daily Signal. The couple pleaded for an appeal before the Oregon Court of Appeals.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/c...000-for-refusing-to-bake-cake-for-gay-couple/

And these guys in Colorado:

http://aclu-co.org/court-rules-bakery-illegally-discriminated-against-gay-couple/

Tough times for bakeries to play that religious freedom card

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Having spent 4 years in the Air Force and being a part of multiple drug counterdiction missions, a father that spent 30 years in the Army and retired as a command sargeant major, a grandfather who fought in the battle of Okinawa, and having several colleagues killed in the Khobar Tower bombings and other friends fked up from multiple special service tours of duty - i'm not going to even grace your spiteful rhetoric with another response.
So not this year?

Just yanking your chain, J. Don’t call the cops.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that they are standing, immediately brands them as 'apostates' worthy of a shunning from all the other Jehovah Witness baseball enthusiasts in the stadium. No way they get into the Kingdom of Heaven with the other 144,000 lucky souls. No way.

My advice to them is to just go ahead and salute that muther fkkn flag and act like proud Americans. Go home and enjoy a little sodomy to boot, maybe blow it out at a swingers' club or two, 'cause there ain't no way they have any prospects for an afterlife. The odds are astronomically stacked against those who stand for the national anthem.
:lol: Love me some Pasty. :lol:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Its called a free market, and free enterprise. You are free to do as you please as an individual, and the company you work for is free to do as it pleases regarding you and your choice of behaviors. My employer has a dress code, my other has not just that but a code of standards punishable by the ucmj. I am of course free to show up in shorts and flops, and they are in turn free to punish and or remove me from my position.

Freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequences and one person's freedom does not get to negate or undermine another's.
Lol America isn't a free market at all. Let rephrase JJ for you: If you're anyone but a starter you'll be off the team. Agree with the rest. I wish they'd quit playing the National Anthem at sporting events.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, is this still fake news? I couldn't tell since so much was posted since I left to go fishing earlier this afternoon.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The religion freedom card ain't paramount everywhere:

Two Oregon Christian bakers tried to appeal a judge’s ruling that forced them to pay $135,000 to a gay couple Thursday.

Aaron and Melissa Klein, the co-owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, must pay the money after refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding, reports the Daily Signal. The couple pleaded for an appeal before the Oregon Court of Appeals.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/c...000-for-refusing-to-bake-cake-for-gay-couple/

And these guys in Colorado:

http://aclu-co.org/court-rules-bakery-illegally-discriminated-against-gay-couple/

Tough times for bakeries to play that religious freedom card

$135k sounds fair. I'm sure it wasn't detrimental to that small business. Just a firm slap on the wrist.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Snopes is a left leaning, really not the most reliable source. And something anti-patriotic will definitely be pushed. Jerry says it, then sees no need to talk about to create a firestorm, Snope is not able to prove nor disprove he said those words, but they use a made up Facebook story to twist it to and label it 'Misattributed'

A news rag slamming Snopes.. but covered by Forbes, Daily Mall is like the National Enquirer, but both occasionally have real news

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevl...fact-checking-the-fact-checkers/#f871137227f8

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator