Warning: Political Takes NFL season kicks off tonight

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Florida comes out as an institution shoving BLM in my face I will not watch. Football is not my life, I can do other things.
agreed. I can barely stand watching the garbage football they've served up for over a decade anyway.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
This NFL year is already shot for me. I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit thru our National Anthem and then some other made-up horsesh!t anthem with all these blm bastids on their knees during both of them. Wouldn't even make it to the coin toss. On the plus side, the boat's running good.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Was there a moment of silence for the Trump supporter killed by a shot from close behind?

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This NFL year is already shot for me. I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit thru our National Anthem and then some other made-up horsesh!t anthem with all these blm bastids on their knees during both of them. Wouldn't even make it to the coin toss. On the plus side, the boat's running good.
Who knew that we had a Black National Anthem...been alive 37 years of poof, there it is!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody know last nights paid attendance at the Chiefs Texans SJW fest?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Somebody help me out here. Why did the fans Boo in pre-game durning a moment of silence when the two team locked arms is a show of solidarity against racial injustice?
I'm not a fan of BLM , I thinks its a hate group but what did these guys do that was so bad?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Somebody help me out here. Why did the fans Boo in pre-game durning a moment of silence when the two team locked arms is a show of solidarity against racial injustice?
I'm not a fan of BLM , I thinks its a hate group but what did these guys do that was so bad?
Apparently their little show of unity rankled the feathers of a bunch of GCMBers who won't even watch the NFL because it was allowed.
Another face palm from BMF coming soon, I'm sure. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Apparently their little show of unity rankled the feathers of a bunch of GCMBers who won't even watch the NFL because it was allowed.
Another face palm from BMF coming soon, I'm sure. :lol:

The problem is that while it certainly wasn’t a good look, it showed that a significant amount of NFL fan bases simply don’t want to see anything political at games. It wasn’t a roaring boo, but there weren’t that many people there either.

Now, the issue is that the players see first hand that the people they’re playing for, don’t like their views to the point of being vocal about it. You could see their dismay as it was happening. In turn they’ll now speak out to fans(see Felipe shushing Ox), which will only further create a divide.

On and on, which is exactly what many of us warned about. There’s a reason politics and religion are generally a no go in business settings. It’s not to say either side is right or wrong. Just that it will inevitably cause problems.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I saw that viewership was down 16% from last years first regular season game . Take into account there had already been what 64 preseason games prior to last years first regular season game and half the country wasn't locked in their homes from the pandemic. But yeah nothing to see here keep cutting your own throats you stupid mother fuchers.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
this link doesn't work... did you just make this up?!?
I went to the site and it appears the article is no longer linked. But, yeah. I routinely just make up links to make believe articles and post them in random threads.. :facepalm:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I went to the site and it appears the article is no longer linked. But, yeah. I routinely just make up links to make believe articles and post them in random threads.. :facepalm:

lol... yeah, I believe you... and...
I'm not mad at you, just disappointed.

:grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member