Warning: Political Takes NFL season kicks off tonight

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Its not the players having a differing opinion than me that is bothersome.

It is the fact these entitled ****heads feel the need to throw their dumbass and incorrect opinion in my face during a game where they are paid to PLAY.

And racial injustice??? Get out of here with that bull****. That is just black code for calling whitey a racist.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I watched uab v um. It was a sloppy game but the scUM rushed for more than 300 yards. Almost complete lack of politics.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Somebody help me out here. Why did the fans Boo in pre-game durning a moment of silence when the two team locked arms is a show of solidarity against racial injustice?
I'm not a fan of BLM , I thinks its a hate group but what did these guys do that was so bad?
Perhaps the fans were wondering who at the game the players thought were actually in favor of racial injustice and came to the the logical conclusion that it must be them. And they didn’t appreciate the insinuation. Just a thought.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps the fans were wondering who at the game the players thought were actually in favor of racial injustice and came to the the logical conclusion that it must be them. And they didn’t appreciate the insinuation. Just a thought.
Or we’re just all sick of it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know it’s fun to tease the vocal anti-BLM crowd here, and sure, that’s what message boards and differences are all about. But if we’re honest, there’s not a single one of you here, white or black, that is or is planning to raise their children in the manner with which they’re proposing(i.e no respect for current imperfect authority, a decentralized family structure, the bucking of Western standards, whatever that was in Seattle, etc.). Yet those are the very things they are pushing on the next generation of black youths.

So while I get having a differing view on politics, unless you agree with those things and plan to instill them in your own children, it’s somewhat hypocritical to point fingers at those who also won’t, but in addition, take issue with the idea of it happening. This isn’t tax or environmental policy where you can have an opinion and live in accord with it. I’d like to think we all care about humans and their well being. If you’re pro-BLM but don’t wish it on your own family, then it’s hard to, in the same breath, profess to care about the future of the AA community.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I know it’s fun to tease the vocal anti-BLM crowd here, and sure, that’s what message boards and differences are all about. But if we’re honest, there’s not a single one of you here, white or black, that is or is planning to raise their children in the manner with which they’re proposing(i.e no respect for current imperfect authority, a decentralized family structure, the bucking of Western standards, whatever that was in Seattle, etc.). Yet those are the very things they are pushing on the next generation of black youths.

So while I get having a differing view on politics, unless you agree with those things and plan to instill them in your own children, it’s somewhat hypocritical to point fingers at those who also won’t, but in addition, take issue with the idea of it happening. This isn’t tax or environmental policy where you can have an opinion and live in accord with it. I’d like to think we all care about humans and their well being. If you’re pro-BLM but don’t wish it on your own family, then it’s hard to, in the same breath, profess to care about the future of the AA community.

What source are you using to come to the conclusion that the greater BLM movement is proposing no respect for "current imperfect authority, a decentralized family structure, and the bucking of Western standards". The Western standards thing is probably pretty hard to talk about since that would mean different things to different people but I'm wondering where you got the information about the bigger movement proposing disrespect to authority and a decentralized family structure. There are undoubtedly those in the movement who believe those things (and the greater BLM movement hasn't done a good enough job to distance themselves from those people by condemning them IMO), but I'm wondering where you are seeing that is what the greater movement is currently proposing?

For the family structure stuff, that's sort of a lot to unpack there, so I'm wondering, what does a centralized family structure mean to you? A decentralized? Maybe you are referring to how BLM believes in it taking more than a mother to raise a child and whatnot? They don't believe it should just be a woman who has to go to work and then raise the child, but that more should share in the responsibility? I felt like they were just going with a "it takes a village" philosophy, and encouraging taking responsibility for helping a child in need that is a neighbor/friend/etc. But maybe the "decentralized structure" means something different to you.

Are you going off what the "official" movement has actually said or just going off of what you are seeing? If it's the latter, I'm wondering what you are seeing to make you think that these things. I know there are some on this board, who would say, "Just look at what they are doing. Anyone with common sense can see that ___________." Anyway, feel free to answer all of the many questions or not.

Love how you disagree with political positions without being incendiary or name calling btw! Take care.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What source are you using to come to the conclusion that the greater BLM movement is proposing no respect for "current imperfect authority, a decentralized family structure, and the bucking of Western standards". The Western standards thing is probably pretty hard to talk about since that would mean different things to different people but I'm wondering where you got the information about the bigger movement proposing disrespect to authority and a decentralized family structure. There are undoubtedly those in the movement who believe those things (and the greater BLM movement hasn't done a good enough job to distance themselves from those people by condemning them IMO), but I'm wondering where you are seeing that is what the greater movement is currently proposing?

For the family structure stuff, that's sort of a lot to unpack there, so I'm wondering, what does a centralized family structure mean to you? A decentralized? Maybe you are referring to how BLM believes in it taking more than a mother to raise a child and whatnot? They don't believe it should just be a woman who has to go to work and then raise the child, but that more should share in the responsibility? I felt like they were just going with a "it takes a village" philosophy, and encouraging taking responsibility for helping a child in need that is a neighbor/friend/etc. But maybe the "decentralized structure" means something different to you.

Are you going off what the "official" movement has actually said or just going off of what you are seeing? If it's the latter, I'm wondering what you are seeing to make you think that these things. I know there are some on this board, who would say, "Just look at what they are doing. Anyone with common sense can see that ___________." Anyway, feel free to answer all of the many questions or not.

Love how you disagree with political positions without being incendiary or name calling btw! Take care.
Straight from the BLM website:
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

I believe that one of the biggest problems that black culture has in this country is the incredible amount of children born out of wedlock and being raised without a father or a solid family structure. There is no replacing this with a village or a government program. In short, the problem I see with BLM is that they see all the issues that blacks have in this country as being external forces working against them, rather than ever admit that maybe instead of traditional American culture changing to support the black way of life, maybe they should at least meet somewhere in the middle.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Straight from the BLM website:
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

I believe that one of the biggest problems that black culture has in this country is the incredible amount of children born out of wedlock and being raised without a father or a solid family structure. There is no replacing this with a village or a government program. In short, the problem I see with BLM is that they see all the issues that blacks have in this country as being external forces working against them, rather than ever admit that maybe instead of traditional American culture changing to support the black way of life, maybe they should at least meet somewhere in the middle.

You are correct, that is exactly what they claim and thanks for finding the direct quote. I bolded the part of your post that I mostly agree with with. However, the next part is something that I don't think BLM stands for, at all (about it being okay for black men to leave the family as I think you are suggesting). My understanding of their philosophy is that if the father DOES leave his family, or the mother for that matter, then the community around them needs to stand up and help, because society will benefit as a whole. The word, "requirement," is a very important word in their statement. They are saying that just because the family doesn't fit into a traditional family, that doesn't mean that they are less than another family. They are NOT suggesting dismantling any sort of traditional family.

We are reading the same things and getting two very different things out of it. That's just people for you, I guess!

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think there is a fine balance in a culture between shunning anything or anybody that doesn't strictly conform to a narrow view of what is "normal," and excusing any and all aberrant behavior as simply an equal alternative. I'll bet every person here thinks that in the unfortunate absence of a father, the neighbors and other members of a community should try to support the mother and child. But that isn't what the BLM statement says. It clearly says "disrupt the Western=prescribed nuclear family." It might be one thing if these kids were being raised in a nice village with strong values, but we all know that what is happening is a downward cycle where the lack of family creates difficulty in raising a well adjusted child into a well adjusted adult, which leads to a degradation of the values in the "village," which in turn leads to even greater difficulty in raising the next generation. I don't see many villages in our urban slums that are prepared to raise a child. What I see are drugs, crime, dependency, illiteracy, poverty, and irresponsibility. Obviously, breaking that cycle should be the goal, no? I fail to see how BLM's stance on the issues really does anything to help break that cycle.

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
I think there is a fine balance in a culture between shunning anything or anybody that doesn't strictly conform to a narrow view of what is "normal," and excusing any and all aberrant behavior as simply an equal alternative. I'll bet every person here thinks that in the unfortunate absence of a father, the neighbors and other members of a community should try to support the mother and child. But that isn't what the BLM statement says. It clearly says "disrupt the Western=prescribed nuclear family." It might be one thing if these kids were being raised in a nice village with strong values, but we all know that what is happening is a downward cycle where the lack of family creates difficulty in raising a well adjusted child into a well adjusted adult, which leads to a degradation of the values in the "village," which in turn leads to even greater difficulty in raising the next generation. I don't see many villages in our urban slums that are prepared to raise a child. What I see are drugs, crime, dependency, illiteracy, poverty, and irresponsibility. Obviously, breaking that cycle should be the goal, no? I fail to see how BLM's stance on the issues really does anything to help break that cycle.

You dropped the word requirement from the bolded part. Hard for me to address anything else you talk about when we aren't reading the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator