Warning: Political Takes NFL season kicks off tonight

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see how anyone can be so flippant on the issue of activism of this magnitude in sports. Basically the players and the league are telling you that BLM is a good thing and shame on you for not supporting it you racist piece of shyt. We’re supposed to just ignore what BLM really stands for, keep our head in the sand and our asses in the seats, shut your mouth and watch bytch cause you know you want to.

So weak minded bytches do just that, they watch which basically gives the impression of approval for the activism, in this case the BLM movement.

I aint down with that

Y’all are the ones making it mean something. I don’t give a schist what they do as long as they play the game. I can ignore the interference, maybe some of the more ‘weak minded’ can’t.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Y’all are the ones making it mean something. I don’t give a schist what they do as long as they play the game. I can ignore the interference, maybe some of the more ‘weak minded’ can’t.
It does mean something. Boggles the mind you could think otherwise. Go get your BLM shirt on.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Unless they find a different time to protest the injustices that affect less than 1% of the black population. I won't watch. How about protesting against a culture that thinks they can break the law and blame others for their actions.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It does mean something. Boggles the mind you could think otherwise. Go get your BLM shirt on.

So you’re a ‘No’ to sports on TV then. Better get used to it. You don’t think the college kids aren’t going to do something similar? The networks will still promote BLM. You can protest all you want; I’m watching football.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I think people’s biggest issue is that, as GatorMac said, it’s presented in a way that if you don’t agree with every thing a group like BLM stands for, you’re a horrible person. So hearing this stuff over and over in a setting where you used to escape to, gets taxing. In addition, it’s just constant and in your face. I didn’t know if guys like Cunningham and Joyner were complete communists working for the Russians during the 80s, and I didn’t care. I don’t know why we suddenly need to add this. Have your thoughts and take your actions. But during a game just go do that.

I’ll still casually watch occasionally as always, but I’d be lying if I said this doesn’t get extremely old.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So you’re a ‘No’ to sports on TV then. Better get used to it. You don’t think the college kids aren’t going to do something similar? The networks will still promote BLM. You can protest all you want; I’m watching football.
I'll watch gator football but will not support pros where they get paid millions to disrespect the flag. How about take a knee or a delay of game penalty to protest on your first play.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
If Florida comes out as an institution shoving BLM in my face I will not watch. Football is not my life, I can do other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator