No Upside to Bowling

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
If there are pieces of a new staff. Get out and salvage something of a disastrous class. Recruit first. Coach later. Just a distraction leading to a giant splat win or lose. This is one case where that decision ought to appeal to the geniuses in the administration. They know they will lose money on a bowl attended by nobody.
Well said.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If there are pieces of a new staff. Get out and salvage something of a disastrous class. Recruit first. Coach later..
It is always the old staff.

I don't need to see anymore Knox and Dwagtham Jr.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Useless time spent getting worse with extra practice with this staff. Call it.....put the new coach in place and start crooting. And the current players that are on the fence about transferring need to be put on alert that Club Med is over and you better be ready to work you azz off if you stay. QB job is AR's to lose. And re-tool that abortion we call ST.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
No. Costs money and a visit to a toilet bowl costs reputation, what little is left. Practice with who? Coaches who won't be there next year?

A proud program would just call it like it is. We failed this year. We aren't prolonging it.
This

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Extra practice?

Free schit?

Are you suggesting we go out and lose to FSU? Because it looks that way
Exactly,

1. Cash the airplane tickets if the Bowl is driving distance

2. Swag bag

3. Per diem while at the bowl.

This puts cash in the pockets of players. You always want a bowl game for your players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One amusing thing would be if VaTech or someone hires Mullen and he hires all his guys from UF. Who would UF have left to coach?
Ive never really seen it happen. Most of those guys are under contract. if they left, they save us money.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Ive never really seen it happen. Most of those guys are under contract. if they left, they save us money.
This actually happened when Zook was fired and he started hiring away the staff to Illinois. There were reports of position coaches wearing Illini shirts to practice. They should have been fired on the spot for that sh!t.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Not playing a bowl game is frankly the most pvssy a$$ B!tch thing I’ve ever heard. You play the bowl because you’re effing football players. Effectively sitting out the bowl game last year was Unforgivable sin on Dan number 2 (sitting Kyle Potts against LSU was #1) and I’ll be damned if we start vagging out again now that he’s gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This actually happened when Zook was fired and he started hiring away the staff to Illinois. There were reports of position coaches wearing Illini shirts to practice. They should have been fired on the spot for that sh!t.
that's my point. they were still under contract so they kept working for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not playing a bowl game is frankly the most pvssy a$$ B!tch thing I’ve ever heard. You play the bowl because you’re effing football players. Effectively sitting out the bowl game last year was Unforgivable sin on Dan number 2 (sitting Kyle Potts against LSU was #1) and I’ll be damned if we start vagging out again now that he’s gone.
the Cotton bowl is one thing.

Shreveport is another.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Who is going to coach this shyt show? They will take it as seriously as a Pop Warner jamboree. I bet any draftable players opt out. Further consider the what ifs.

Lose AR or another starter for a year
Get embarrassed
Undisciplined team leads to fights and ejections
Player issues while traveling

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017

How about this team just does not deserve a free vacay to some shytty bowl so they can ham it up for a week on social media. Did you see the crap after the Samford game? How about the admin and new coach send a message for once. You want to change the culture, then start here, right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How about this team just does not deserve a free vacay to some shytty bowl so they can ham it up for a week on social media. Did you see the crap after the Samford game? How about the admin and new coach send a message for once. You want to change the culture, then start here, right now.
I think the players have been through Dan Mullen hell the last four years. I can't help but feel sorry for them and think they deserve some free swag.

On the football side, the only plus I see is getting AR some more snaps. But what if he "snaps" his achilles?

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
The practices are only useful if the new coach can at least observe, but if he's in place, let's play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.