Noise in the System

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Say what u want but this team played with a chip on their shoulder today and believe you me, it was in no small part due to the "noise" in the system, as evidenced in some of the post game comments. It lit a fire, unlike the lifeless effort against Arky having been back up in or near the top 10 at the time. So if it takes a little "disrespect" or negative "piling on"to motivate this team, so be it. That fire apparently needs to come from somewhere. IMO

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is pisssed......good!

It's about time he took this as serious as the long suffering fans do. See his post-game presser....."Gator fans don't think we're very good."

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well Coach... if the cleated shoes fit... we be National Champ fans, you'll see why if you ever raise the Crystal ;)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They've had the chip on their shoulder since their embarrassing showing in Arkansas, as they should. Hopefully it stays there for the next two weeks.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is pisssed......good! ......."Gator fans don't think we're very good."

Well, that does tend to happen when your offense is ranked 111th in the country. And truth be told, pretty much no one in the country thought/thinks we're very good.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015

It's about time he took this as serious as the long suffering fans do. See his post-game presser....."Gator fans don't think we're very good."

bout time he started listening....
giphy.gif

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member

Really. If it takes noise to light a fire under the coach and these guys, pore on the coals. Anyway you slice it, they dogged the 2nd half at TN and the entire game at Ark.

Last edited:

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Well, that does tend to happen when your offense is ranked 111th in the country. And truth be told, pretty much no one in the country thought/thinks we're very good.

You may think this but I can guarantee people are second guessing their initial perception.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever it takes. Sure I want them all with a chip on their shoulder. Play hard, smart, mean. Not so sure if it was noise in the system....perhaps give thought to the newer players on the field. Maybe some of these guys should have been playing a long time before.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You may think this but I can guarantee people are second guessing their initial perception.
Why? Because we beat a soon to be unranked 4 loss lsu team? Order your Sec East Champs t shirt. Beat FSU and we can talk about perception change. That game did very little overall. Our schedule is a joke.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Why? Because we beat a soon to be unranked 4 loss lsu team? Order your Sec East Champs t shirt. Beat FSU and we can talk about perception change. That game did very little overall. Our schedule is a joke.

TREX said "if we win this game I wont say anything negative" .......of course I laughed....

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So now the NITS are gonna take credit for firing the staff and boys up..............lmao...........But there may be a little bit of truth there.........maybe........but I think they realize now with the younger guys stepping up it is not individual talent or potential (stars) that win games but buying into the team concept and playing for each other, not fans or glory but for the team,.............

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully they take it to FSU like that. I am just nervous we may be back in the same mode again if we don't win one of these next 2 games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach the noise in the system about which he is referring is from Bull Gators and other donors. They dont give a shyt what messageboards say. Exhibit 1 and 2 are Chimp and Zooker. They wouldnt have been hired if boards mattered.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it's not like LSU has crap DBs and undersized lines or a marginal RB... throw in we're on their home turf (uh, our western practice field) and I'm not going down the road LSU is a poor team because of their current record. We know that interim/coaching uncertainty can reek havoc on any teams potential skill sets executing. The most important thing yesterday is our players 'want to' 'energy' 'heart' overcame the rather dubious Coaches play calling at critical moments and we had flashes of that Gator pride mojo we all long for again. Better yet, it was being delivered by the underclassman. The coaches to a degree made this thing tighter than it was otherwise playing out and the player continuity bailed them out thank God. I don't see how anybody takes the time to dampen this victory. Before the game, consensus was we're getting a spanking by a superior squad from an execution standpoint; overall stats seem to bear that out... but when the money was on the table, our kids delivered. The next step with the broken arrows is before us but it is unrelated to the effort and great win we witnessed yesterday. Go Gators!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I definitely have my issues with our staff but you certainly are off the mark on LSU. The Coon Azzes went toe to toe with Bama and only lost 10-0. They're no slouch by any means. I myself did not see us winning this game as I am sure many did. But to LSU is a good football team.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
So now the NITS are gonna take credit for firing the staff and boys up..............lmao...........But there may be a little bit of truth there.........maybe........but I think they realize now with the younger guys stepping up it is not individual talent or potential (stars) that win games but buying into the team concept and playing for each other, not fans or glory but for the team,.............

Sounds to me like Mac is using that as an excuse to finally find a reason to get the most out of this team and quit showing up with a mediocre effort and shyt for play calling on offense. Keep Thompson on the bench and I don't want see JDR ass behind center again. He can transfer again for all I care. Cleveland is a playmaker.....get him the ball. Reese should have been getting more reps as should some of the other guys that were sitting, that's obvious now that injuries have forced their hands to play them.
I don't hate Mac, but Gator fans expect to compete for championships and to beat UT, UGay and FSU often. Do that and you want hear "noise". If he didn't know what he was getting into with this job he should have asked Meyer, Zook, Muschamp. He's being paid a shyt load of money to meet OUR expectations, not stand on the sideline and chew gum like it was a piece of pussy and say dumb shyt at pressers and look like a stooge.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The problem I have is that it shouldn't take "noise" to motivate the coaches. There are 4.25 million ($$) other reasons he should be motivating these kids. And that motivation is expected to happen every minute of every day of every week.

This isn't Pop Warner football where we're coaching for fun and the outcome of a game doesn't really matter. This is a business in which he is hired to do a job. What I've always said about Mac is he doesn't seem to take it seriously. He acts like he's a volunteer coach down at your local YMCA. Making pb&j sandwiches for the kids at halftime and talking about popcorn sales. Talking to parents after the game and saying "wasn't that fun".

If the threat of being fired helps him take it seriously then fine. Now do it - EVERY FREAKING WEEK!

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Flat out, if you believe that this gator team was any where near as talented as that LSU team, you're nuts. Especially after the injury situation and moving the game to baton rouge. The coaches coached their collective assess off. Sure it was a 98% conservative game plan, minus the deep ball from your own end zone (super ballsy call ) but it was what was needed to give us a chance considering the talent deficiency we were dealing with. Yes the corn dogs were 6-3 heading in but if our schedules were flipped they would have been 8-1 maybe 9-0. Give Mac and co credit for a hell of a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator