Noise in the System

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
The stooge just won the east again with a fckn patchwork def and offense with VERY few stars....... on the road in the legendary LSU stadium...............but keep that attitude while the boys on the team see something better.............

In a must win game because he couldn't get the performance against UT and Ark.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Coach is a participation trophy kind of guy, no doubt in my mind.
You could not be any more wrong about me,:law:.............Those fellas out there yesterday are WAY beyond participation trophy nonsense.....and let me share what my former students (and a cursed millennial) posted recently. She was real smart scholarly gal and went to college, dropped out and now drives semis cross country for a living........
15069033_1541016855909287_481463372033848741_o.png

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It is a bit strange if you go back to the preseason projections folks made. Most did not see a 10 win season as possible. We would be at 9 wins now with Presbyterian with a 10th win possible. So even as the team has exceeded many folks expectations it does not seem that they get any credit for doing so. It just appears to be extreme disappointment that they lost 2 games and didn't win the other 8 by enough points despite having been decimated by injuries.

It would seem that many of those who had such low expectations in the preseason actually believed we would go undefeated and win every game by significant margins and are bitterly disappointed that the team did not perform to that level.

Either that or they are playing both sides of the debate.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
You could not be any more wrong about me,:law:.............Those fellas out there yesterday are WAY beyond participation trophy nonsense.....and let me share what my former students (and a cursed millennial) posted recently. She was real smart scholarly gal and went to college, dropped out and now drives semis cross country for a living........
15069033_1541016855909287_481463372033848741_o.png
Great, great post. The kids never wanted those damn trophies or medals above age 8. This epic fail was always the idea of adults and had nothing to do with their political leanings. It is about an entire generation of helicopter parenting.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I've said it for many years.....these boards are pure entertainment. I really enjoy reading the threads. There is a real mixture of knowledgable posters, some not so knowledgeable, many really witty and humorous posters and some downright miserable ones.

But through it all....thick and thin....good and bad....down years and Championship years.....the message boards are generally negative. You really cannot please those fans that post. This is quite opposite of the fans I'm with in the stadium or in sports bars. It's just seems to be unique to the boards.

That said...if message board noise is all it takes to motivate the team to success then we would not have lost any games the past decade or so. Our noise had nothing to do with beating LSU. The coaches and players are smart enough to know that there will be no less noise today. This goes all the way back to a Spurrier. Even he knew that some fans have unrealistic expectations and are unrelentingly with their criticism.

But every fan has the right to voice their opinion. That's what makes these boards entertaining.
Actually what the difference this week for this team was that for the first time this year practically everyone counted them out, unlike other weeks where an argument would be made that they could compete and it'll come down to a play here or there. This week the "whole world" bet against them and they heard it, evidenced by some of Macs and others post games comments. Its not the fans as much as the noise from pundits, analysts, and to no small measure comments coming from LSU themselves about the rescheduling etc.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The kids never wanted those damn trophies or medals above age 8. This epic fail was always the idea of adults and had nothing to do with their political leanings. It is about an entire generation of helicopter parenting.
I have known more than a few coaches that quit because the crazy parents had to ruin a good time for kids............When I was growing up we down to the school and got up our own games and coached ourselves...........grown ups take it to seriously and want to live vicariously through their youngsters......There are a lot of positives about youth sports but some parents need to stay home............

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is a bit strange if you go back to the preseason projections folks made. Most did not see a 10 win season as possible. We would be at 9 wins now with Presbyterian with a 10th win possible. So even as the team has exceeded many folks expectations it does not seem that they get any credit for doing so. It just appears to be extreme disappointment that they lost 2 games and didn't win the other 8 by enough points despite having been decimated by injuries.

It would seem that many of those who had such low expectations in the preseason actually believed we would go undefeated and win every game by significant margins and are bitterly disappointed that the team did not perform to that level.

Either that or they are playing both sides of the debate.

Our schedule is the weakest since I have been a fan. We have a shot to beat FSU and Bama. Let's close this out. Will you think this season a success at 8-5, just curious?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I had us losing to LSU, Ark, and FSU regular season. Then losing to Alabama and winning a bowl. 10-4 again. At 8-5 (which really would have been 9-5 with Presbyterian) I would be disappointed. I thought this could be a 10-11 win team. I did not think we could win the SEC.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I had us losing to LSU, Ark, and FSU regular season. Then losing to Alabama and winning a bowl. 10-4 again. At 8-5 (which really would have been 9-5 with Presbyterian) I would be disappointed. I thought this could be a 10-11 win team. I did not think we could win the SEC.

Thank you for your honesty. I think we can win in Tally.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Why? Because we beat a soon to be unranked 4 loss lsu team? Order your Sec East Champs t shirt. Beat FSU and we can talk about perception change. That game did very little overall. Our schedule is a joke.

LOL, now our schedule is a joke? We played and beat the team that was in front of us. A good SEC West team that stood in the way of UF going to the conference game. I get that this UF team does not pass the eye test but I will happily take the W.
LSU may not be world beaters this season but it's a notoriously difficult stadium to win at. We also gave up a home game to play a team that is ranked above us and made a statement with our win. If I were a recruit considering UF this game would certainly elevate my perception.

Lastly we can beat FSU but we must play inspired football and admittedly McElwain has often failed in that department.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL, now our schedule is a joke? We played and beat the team that was in front of us. A good SEC West team that stood in the way of UF going to the conference game. I get that this UF team does not pass the eye test but I will happily take the W.
LSU may not be world beaters this season but it's a notoriously difficult stadium to win at. We also gave up a home game to play a team that is ranked above us and made a statement with our win. If I were a recruit considering UF this game would certainly elevate my perception.

Lastly we can beat FSU but we must play inspired football and admittedly McElwain has often failed in that department.

Going into yesterday our schedule was 67th...going back 20+ years I couldn't find one that awful. Playing and beating the team in front of us doesn't make the schedule harder. North texas? UMass? Mizzou? Vandy? Tucky? In one poll we've played two ranked teams...I'm being generous btw...we're 1-1. Another poll has LSU with 4 losses OUT. The teams are 24th and 25th respectively. You think that's not a joke? Again, it's a good win but looking at our schedule overall...it sucks.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I've said it for many years.....these boards are pure entertainment. I really enjoy reading the threads. There is a real mixture of knowledgable posters, some not so knowledgeable, many really witty and humorous posters and some downright miserable ones.

But through it all....thick and thin....good and bad....down years and Championship years.....the message boards are generally negative. You really cannot please those fans that post. This is quite opposite of the fans I'm with in the stadium or in sports bars. It's just seems to be unique to the boards.

That said...if message board noise is all it takes to motivate the team to success then we would not have lost any games the past decade or so. Our noise had nothing to do with beating LSU. The coaches and players are smart enough to know that there will be no less noise today. This goes all the way back to a Spurrier. Even he knew that some fans have unrealistic expectations and are unrelentingly with their criticism.

But every fan has the right to voice their opinion. That's what makes these boards entertaining.

There's a good reason why some message boarders take a more confrontational and glass-mostly-empty point of view point than fellow fans at games or sports bars...anonymity and being beyond the reach of a choke hold.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So if we beat FSU what will your response be? Am I not right? Let's say this. I'm not expecting us to win against Bama, but if we do then will you give this team some love? Or will your response be we got lucky or if that one or two plays didn't happen we get blown out.

Take a step back and recognize who you're talking with. Then, take another moment and ask 'why does anyone give a sht what this hater thinks?'

Asking what it takes for him to give this team some love is like asking a real gator fan what it takes for them to show some love for F$U, UGA, or TN. An impossible proposition, not worth pursuing.

Let's worry about FSU first, m'kay? Okie dokie.

A knock on Mac has been his lack of winning against ranked opponents. He won one, on the road, as a 2TD underdog. Prior to Sunday it was "Let'ss worry about LSU first." Well, that's done now - successfully.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A knock on Mac has been his lack of winning against ranked opponents. He won one, on the road, as a 2TD underdog. Prior to Sunday it was "Let'ss worry about LSU first." Well, that's done now - successfully.
Yes, but LSU won't be ranked now, and it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't ranked at the end of the season. I'm told that means it doesn't count as a win over a ranked team.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Take a step back and recognize who you're talking with. Then, take another moment and ask 'why does anyone give a sht what this hater thinks?'

Asking what it takes for him to give this team some love is like asking a real gator fan what it takes for them to show some love for F$U, UGA, or TN. An impossible proposition, not worth pursuing.

Sorry. Only teams that are ranked at the end of the year actually count. That's what a pumper told me.

We should never ever be 2 td underdogs...period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.