Not So Disappointing Signing Day After All

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorCountry had an interesting podcast about NSD. They spoke about Reese and said that players/staff has described him as a bigger, faster version of Morrison. They also said that he was a smart kid. So if he can get acclimated he'll provide depth. They also described Manuel as a less talented than Brantley, but has the same kind of laziness as Brantley. Apparently his teammates called him a 3*, because of the laziness. Make me feel better about his flip, but it was still a miss. No reason not to at least go after a 3* DT with upside. Needed someone to develop over the next couple years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorCountry had an interesting podcast about NSD. They spoke about Reese and said that players/staff has described him as a bigger, faster version of Morrison. They also said that he was a smart kid. So if he can get acclimated he'll provide depth. They also described Manuel as a less talented than Brantley, but has the same kind of laziness as Brantley. Apparently his teammates called him a 3*, because of the laziness. Make me feel better about his flip, but it was still a miss. No reason not to at least go after a 3* DT with upside. Needed someone to develop over the next couple years.
They also said manuel wasn't even a starter at img. And some of his teammates said he should be a 3 star. I'm still bummed we didn't get a big dt in this class but Manuel might not be the game changer I thought he was .

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
if Reese is big, fast, and smart, pushing 250 by fall he may do more than provide depth. Easily the defensive recruit that I'll be paying the most attention to.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
Remind me again how Reese ended up at Florida? Michigan didn't have enough room for him or something. If Reese is supposed to be this beast, why would they let him slip away?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Remind me again how Reese ended up at Florida? Michigan didn't have enough room for him or something. If Reese is supposed to be this beast, why would they let him slip away?
He wanted to EE, and UM couldn't for whatever reason. I don't think they wanted to lock up a scholarship. As it turns out they got two big LB commits later in the process. No one is saying he's a beast. I don't think any of us would consider Morrison a beast, he was a solid LB for us. I think they are just saying that this kid has they physical tools to be like Morrison or possibly better. Still way too early to make any determinations.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really doesn't much matter whether he is a beast or a future All SEC type. What matters most is that he may be the guy who is closest to ready to play at SEC level as soon as possible.

We can't afford to redshirt linebackers unless the healing fairy fixes Rolin and Anzalone.

We also need Rayshad Jackson to be on the field and producing. If he also McMillians, we are in trouble at LB.

D

Dr Spock's logic

Founding Member
Founding Member
we've got more playmaking WRs in the mode of callaway, two new bruisers at RB, more big bodies at OL along with last year's now-blooded group, and there's no doubt there will be SOME measure of improvement at QB. what's not to like?
UF got almost exactly the same group of receivers in 2013, when they also signed five. Rivals, rated two in 2013, Bailey and Robinson, higher than anyone signed in 2016. 247 rated them the same, with three four stars and two three stars. ESPN rated them nearly the same, with the exception of Thompson being a three star in 2013, and 2016's all being four stars. Scout? They are ludicrous, so I don't pay attention to them. So nothing new has happened, we've seen this before. Muschamp also brought in higher rated quarterbacks. Driskel and Brissett one year, Grier and Harris in another. those duos far exceed, in ranking, Franks and Trask brought in this year, and McElwain whiffed at the position last year. It remains to be seen if this staff knows what it's doing on offense, as well. Nussmeier has presided over a pathetic offense two years in a row. You can make any excuse you want, but the bottom line is UF's offenses was as bad last year as it ever was under Muschamp. You can say McElwain knows what he's doing, but there is zero evidence that he's doing any better than Muschamp in acquiring players or producing on the field. Yes, UF won the East, but most would concede that the division was weaker than at any time during Muschamp's tenure, and the losses by UF to teams not in the SEC east lends credence to that, especially how some of them were ultimate beat downs of UF. I've seen this movie before. I just wonder if the director (McElwain) can come up with a different ending.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
z6PuYKi.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Treon will not be a QB option. That alone immediately improves the offense 100%.
UF got almost exactly the same group of receivers in 2013, when they also signed five. Rivals, rated two in 2013, Bailey and Robinson, higher than anyone signed in 2016. 247 rated them the same, with three four stars and two three stars. ESPN rated them nearly the same, with the exception of Thompson being a three star in 2013, and 2016's all being four stars. Scout? They are ludicrous, so I don't pay attention to them. So nothing new has happened, we've seen this before. Muschamp also brought in higher rated quarterbacks. Driskel and Brissett one year, Grier and Harris in another. those duos far exceed, in ranking, Franks and Trask brought in this year, and McElwain whiffed at the position last year. It remains to be seen if this staff knows what it's doing on offense, as well. Nussmeier has presided over a pathetic offense two years in a row. You can make any excuse you want, but the bottom line is UF's offenses was as bad last year as it ever was under Muschamp. You can say McElwain knows what he's doing, but there is zero evidence that he's doing any better than Muschamp in acquiring players or producing on the field. Yes, UF won the East, but most would concede that the division was weaker than at any time during Muschamp's tenure, and the losses by UF to teams not in the SEC east lends credence to that, especially how some of them were ultimate beat downs of UF. I've seen this movie before. I just wonder if the director (McElwain) can come up with a different ending.
SgtSchulz2.jpg~c200

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Please ban troll. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.