Notre Dame has no business in the playoff

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You really comparing a team that had four top 25 wins and 11 wins vs P5 teams to a team that has one P5 win in it's history?
he said they need to join a conference, just pointing out the lack of thought in that comment

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
well they're in a conference, like you said. ND is going to be in the playoff as an independent, so they are relevant, w/o a conference
Yeah, we are letting one NonP5 team in the playoff, even though their record is questionable and they didn't win a championship.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I find it difficult to understand how pug doesnt see that the number is irrelevant. It is and always will be the first couple out regardless of number that are complaining.
March Madness expanded to 68 teams, and what happens every year? Teams 69-72 throw a b*tch fit when they don’t get in. Nothing will ever solve the problem of the first few teams left out. Someone always has to be left out.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
well they're in a conference, like you said. ND is going to be in the playoff as an independent, so they are relevant, w/o a conference
They'd be irrelevant in UCF's conference. Just like the Knights.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
March Madness expanded to 68 teams, and what happens every year? Teams 69-72 throw a b*tch fit when they don’t get in. Nothing will ever solve the problem of the first few teams left out. Someone always has to be left out.
That fit lasted only as long as it took each team to realize they were a shoe-in to land in the NIT Final.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They'd be irrelevant in UCF's conference. Just like the Knights.
Dude, you said they needed to join a conference, not me. Next time, just say they need to join a P5. You can't argue that they need to be in a conference and then argue that being in conference isn't good enough.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Dude, you said they needed to join a conference, not me. Next time, just say they need to join a P5. You can't argue that they need to be in a conference and then argue that being in conference isn't good enough.
ok, didn't realize this was a deposition. I meant P5 conference, assumed that was a given.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ok, didn't realize this was a deposition. I meant P5 conference, assumed that was a given.
Because no one outside a P5 conference should be able to play for a National Championship?

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Because no one outside a P5 conference should be able to play for a National Championship?
Not based on conference play. They'd have to have one hell of a non-conference schedule and then get lucky with some weak P5 conference champs.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
They never got it wrong despite all the whining and crying....Could it be tweeked to include a few more teams? Sure but overall in my 50 years of watching CFB I've never seen more than 3 or 4 teams at the most that should have had a shot at a NC by the end of the season.....@#letsnotwaterdownagoodthing...
Two of the potential seeds will be afterthoughts if Georgia isn’t included (and I don’t think they should); that reflects the fall-off in the level of competition. But that, as they say, is why you play the games.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That must be some good sh*t that you are smoking. As far as I can remember we have played Michigan 4 times and have lost every time.

Thanks for your service.
you feel good about yourself now? Now, reread the post. I didn't say we played mich. I said us vs them in 06 in regards to the annual national discussion about who shouldbe in the big one, and said they blew their shot and we didn't so we got in.

Go back to your soft serve yogurt gramps.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
you feel good about yourself now? Now, reread the post. I didn't say we played mich. I said us vs them in 06 in regards to the annual national discussion about who shouldbe in the big one, and said they blew their shot and we didn't so we got in.

Go back to your soft serve yogurt gramps.
Its a really good point though. All this Georgia nonsense is no different than the Michigan pimping in 06. I think Bama is the best team this year, but they haven't played anyone outside of the south. They did just beat Georgia. This isn't the NFL. CFB is still a regional sport. I'd much rather see how Oklahoma, Clemson or Ohio State do against Bama than give Georgia another shot. They already had their shot and failed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJM, since you think I'm nuts, I'll ask you. Would YOU care less about regular season Gator games if there was a 64 team playoff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator