Recruiting NSD 2020 Thread: Zach Evans goes to TCU

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
His own coach said he suspended him multiple times for attitude issues.

Even better, every championship team has a few of those on the roster. Let him know up front any bullshyt and he's gone. We need to take some risk to get the talent level back to where it needs to be.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Even better, every championship team has a few of those on the roster. Let him know up front any bullshyt and he's gone. We need to take some risk to get the talent level back to where it needs to be.

I agree. I'd take a chance on him. He'll be extra fired up for the UGly game.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just put him on the Percy migraine plan

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Here is what I could find -

He violated a cell phone usage team rule by refusing to give up his cell phone at the hotel/team event and was suspended for the championship game (his team still won by 14, which also casts some question on his talent vs his team being that dominant).

"Evans was sent home from the team hotel last month the night before the state championship for not giving up his cell phone before bed-check. Evans was previously suspended for three games for an argument with one of his high school coaches." - Evans: "I apologize to my college coaches"

"The trouble with Evans first began back at the beginning of the high school football season as he was suspended from his North Shore high school team for a disagreement with the coaching staff.

Then gasoline was thrown on the open fire just hours before the 6A Texas State Championship game as Evans was suspended for reportedly refusing to give up his cell phone. Though it may seem like a small issue, the fact of the matter is, it was a big of enough an issue for the coaching staff to play the title game without one of the nation's top talents." - Zach Evans Updates Recruitment with Interesting Quote at Under Armour Game

"The First Suspension

Following the season-opener against Katy, Evans was suspended for the next two non-district games. Evans did return to play the rest of the season.

Sent Home from State

The No. 1-rated prospect in the Class of 2020 would not play in North Shore's bid for a second-straight state title. On December 20, Evans was sent home from Arlington after not giving his phone to coaches when asked to do so. According to sources, Evans was asked multiple times for it, including even his mother being called about it. The decision to suspend Evans for the title game went all the way up the chain to include the Galena Park ISD Athletic Director and Superintendent. In the end, Evans was sent home." - Zach Evans Saga Continues ... What's Next?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So far the only real documented issue that people call him a head case is that he signed with uga and backed out...sure sounds like a smart kid to me
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that UGA told him they were no longer taking him and if he was planning on sending in a letter, not to bother. Again, I could be wrong, but if shart is saying I dont want you, and you're the #1 back in the country, its hard for me to believe there's not serious issues there. Shart would take a rapist murderer if he thought it would help the team, the dude has zero ethics when it comes to the crootin game. So that makes me very hesitant about this kid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that UGA told him they were no longer taking him and if he was planning on sending in a letter, not to bother..
I think you are wrong.

The NLIs have to be signed by both parties the team and the player. if the team doesn't also sign it it has no effect both parties have to agree. kids can't just send in NLIs to schools that have no interest in them.

I heard somewhere that it had to do with Ugly signing another running back, showing lack of faith in Evans, I guess.

Milton was committed all along but this Edwards guy committed late, like during the no contact period. Edit: Rivals says 1/30.

if Uga had said no before signing day then he wouldn't have had a valid NLI to send in.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think you are wrong.

The NLIs have to be signed by both parties the team and the player. if the team doesn't also sign it it has no effect both parties have to agree. kids can't just send in NLIs to schools that have no interest in them.

I heard somewhere that it had to do with Ugly signing another running back, showing lack of faith in Evans, I guess.

Milton was committed all along but this Edwards guy committed late, like during the no contact period. Edit: Rivals says 1/30.

if Uga had said no before signing day then he wouldn't have had a valid NLI to send in.
Ok, so im incorrect on the details, but the larger point, which is what Im basing my assessment on, is that dwags told him they were no longer interested... in the top back in the country.

that's an enormous red flag. that's my point.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Ok, so im incorrect on the details, but the larger point, which is what Im basing my assessment on, is that dwags told him they were no longer interested... in the top back in the country.

Yeah but Kirby is a fcking idiot.

The kid is a take no matter what, he's too good to not at least a chance. I believe I read somewhere there was a "handler" issue. Maybe Kirby said to hell with it, he's already loaded at the position and he figured it wasn't worth the headache. We're not already loaded at the position.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

But you’re basing this on unsubstantiated rumors and guessing on what Kirby was thinking. There is very little out there about what this kids real “issues” are. I’m just gonna sit back and let the staff do their due diligence on this kid. If they think he’s worth the risk then so be it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But you’re basing this on unsubstantiated rumors and guessing on what Kirby was thinking. There is very little out there about what this kids real “issues” are. I’m just gonna sit back and let the staff do their due diligence on this kid. If they think he’s worth the risk then so be it.

In Durty's defense, we were shown how well our staff does due diligence last year, and it didn't work out so well.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Having some concerns about this kid's attitude/behavior is totally reasonable - especially after last year's off-season schytt storm. The fact that the on-going criminal enterprise known as UGA cut him loose is just one more reason to approach the situation with extreme caution. That being said, we seem to be counting our chickens before they hatch, AGAIN. I frankly wonder if he will come to UF if he is put on notice that there will be zero tolerance of the type of bullschytt attitude problems that have cropped on numerous occasions in his very recent past. MHO is that there's no more than a 50% chance he lands at UF - if in fact DM does lay down the law before allowing him to enroll. BWTFRK?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You're correct, but i dont have a lot of confidence in the staff's risks assessments at this point, see Doug's comment. I really wanted us to shy away from potential pitfalls this time round. It royally burned our azzes last year. If we get him and he ends up being fine, or he is a turd but we handle it appropriately and stay ahead of anything instead of waiting until it blows up in our faces then my perspective will change. Until then I'll continue to cringe.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
if Knox could recruit worth a damn we wouldn’t be having this discussion, would we? But he is who he is, therefore you have to roll the dice with this kid. It’s not that we necessarily want to, we HAVE TO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

you're probably right. but it could also be just extreme arrogance that ugly thinks all three will come to them.

what I meant about the nli is you can't just you know write up a memo myself and say I declare bankruptcy or I declare an NLI. if he had one to send it was because they signed it and sent it to him.

ugly is trying to say face.

this reminds me of when we lost that running back to South Carolina because dumbass chimp started flirting with a third running back that was already committed to Georgia.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
you're probably right. but it could also be just extreme arrogance that ugly thinks all three will come to them.

what I meant about the nli is you can't just you know write up a memo myself and say I declare bankruptcy or I declare an NLI. if he had one to send it was because they signed it and sent it to him.

this reminds me of when we lost that running back to South Carolina because dumbass chimp started flirting with a third running back that was already committed to Georgia.
Sane and reasonable. You must have been hacked.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015

He signed his LOI for Georgia, but they did not submit to the NCAA and informed Evans he was not accepted.
By Ncaa rule, he cannot sign a second LOI. However he can enroll in another school if accepted. Apparently did something to hurt dwags feelings....

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're correct, but i dont have a lot of confidence in the staff's risks assessments at this point, see Doug's comment. I really wanted us to shy away from potential pitfalls this time round. It royally burned our azzes last year. If we get him and he ends up being fine, or he is a turd but we handle it appropriately and stay ahead of anything instead of waiting until it blows up in our faces then my perspective will change. Until then I'll continue to cringe.

It did but even if he never plays it’s not as crippling as last years because this guy was never accounted for during recruiting. This is just an added bonus at the end of the year. Losing guys you recruited and they took the spots of people you passed over is what’s crippling to a program

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator