O&B Performance Breakdown by NFL Films Matt Hamilton

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Hoping we get some good mileage out of Scarlett, too, this year. His high school film was killer. Good for another look.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Two of my favorites only played about half of that time, Gale Sayers and Billy Sims.
RB's in the NFL today are not only up against a short career span, their importance seems to take a back seat in a time when it's not uncommon to see teams throwing 50 plus passes a game.
Has there ever been another running back with Sayers' smooth motion or another receiver with Lynn Swan's grace?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't reidel have friggin Trent dilfer and Shaun king throwing to him? Shcit, I'd retire too.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Has there ever been another running back with Sayers' smooth motion or another receiver with Lynn Swan's grace?
Nope.....Two of the all time best and two of my favorites to watch although Sayers was done before I can remember watching football. His highlights are something even younger fans have to be in awe of.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't reidel have friggin Trent dilfer and Shaun king throwing to him? Shcit, I'd retire too.
It's not a big secret that Reidel just cared about the first contract. His passion was music. I guess the music thing didn't pan out, and he's now coaching HS football.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

My favorite RB is Walter Payton. Best combination of power, speed, toughness and grace I've witnessed. Haven't seen enough footage of Sayers to compare those two, but Da Bears hit the lotto twice.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite RB is Walter Payton. Best combination of power, speed, toughness and grace I've witnessed. Haven't seen enough footage of Sayers to compare those two, but Da Bears hit the lotto twice.

In my opinion Walter Payton was a more complete back than Sayers. But Sayers ran with the beauty of Sanders, a comparison (might not be the best) Sayers is to Payton what Barry Sanders was to Emmitt Smith. Both Payton and Smith were more complete backs, but Sayers and Sanders were better runners.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
RE: Walter Payton.
If you get a chance check out the '85 Bears video from espn on Netflix. Some great segments on Walter.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In my opinion Walter Payton was a more complete back than Sayers. But Sayers ran with the beauty of Sanders, a comparison (might not be the best) Sayers is to Payton what Barry Sanders was to Emmitt Smith. Both Payton and Smith were more complete backs, but Sayers and Sanders were better runners.
Regarding Sayers he also returned punts and KO's and was pretty good at it from what I've seen in highlights. Payton, Sanders and Smith's durability are part of what makes them among the greatest ever but is often overshadowed by their running ability. Still growing up, one of my all time favorite runners to watch was Billy Sims, he had ungodly explosiveness, pure speed, acceleration, and both lower and upper body power.....he only lacked the durability to be considered one of the elite.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up in Illinois and hated 'Da Bears', especially the super bowl shuffle year, but Walter is my all time favorite NFL RB. Class, style, balance, toughness, and class. RIP Sweetness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator