O&B Performance Breakdown by NFL Films Matt Hamilton

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lacy has some great games and some games where is about as effective as you are on the NFL football field. He can't stay on the field due to health and/or weight.

Yeldon had a decent rookie year, and was the teams leading rusher at 741 yards.

As far as better career than a Gator receiver when they hit the 11 years Ike Hillard was in the league... or his production (which wasn't great) then we can have that conversation. So far the closest would be Mark Ingram who has had some decent but not specular time in NO.

In what universe way running back play 11 years? And since when does one Longevity equal production? At one point Lacy was a top 5 RB. When were any of our receivers a top-five receiver?

Yeldon missed around 4 games due to injury. Including pretty much the last three of the season. He was in the running for rookie of the year at one point.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Bama has 12 OL playing in the NFL unless I missed someone

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In what universe way running back play 11 years? And since when does one Longevity equal production?

I guess you didn't read
when they hit the 11 years Ike Hillard was in the league... or his production (which wasn't great) then we can have that conversation.

I guess the "or his production" is a part you choose not to address.....

you are comparing a 3 year running back and a 1 year running back to guys who were in the league to at least hit the ability to get the NFLPA retirement... a little early don't you think?

At one point Lacy was a top 5 RB. When were any of our receivers a top-five receiver?

At what point was Lacy a top 5 running back other than projections on Fantasy Football sites before the season?

2015 Lacy was 20th in yards, 31st in ypa (minimum 100 attempts)
2014 Lacy was 7th in yards, 14th in ypa
2013 Lacy was 8th in yards, 24th in ypa

Yeldon missed around 4 games due to injury. Including pretty much the last three of the season. He was in the running for rookie of the year at one point.

Doesn't matter if he was in the running, he didn't get it. It's about production in the NFL, not what he might do. If you can't stay on the field you are a used up roster spot. If he has two more seasons where he misses 4 games, he will be looking for work. Just ask that void Dallas and Miami had at the QB position in 2015.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
In what universe way running back play 11 years?
Two of my favorites only played about half of that time, Gale Sayers and Billy Sims.
RB's in the NFL today are not only up against a short career span, their importance seems to take a back seat in a time when it's not uncommon to see teams throwing 50 plus passes a game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gale Sayers

Best pure running to ever play running back in the NFL in my opinion. No running back could run like Sayers.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess you didn't read

I guess the "or his production" is a part you choose not to address.....

you are comparing a 3 year running back and a 1 year running back to guys who were in the league to at least hit the ability to get the NFLPA retirement... a little early don't you think?

At what point was Lacy a top 5 running back other than projections on Fantasy Football sites before the season?

2015 Lacy was 20th in yards, 31st in ypa (minimum 100 attempts)
2014 Lacy was 7th in yards, 14th in ypa
2013 Lacy was 8th in yards, 24th in ypa

Doesn't matter if he was in the running, he didn't get it. It's about production in the NFL, not what he might do. If you can't stay on the field you are a used up roster spot. If he has two more seasons where he misses 4 games, he will be looking for work. Just ask that void Dallas and Miami had at the QB position in 2015.

Having a conversation with you is like sticking spikes in my eyes. The average running back lasts about four years in the NFL. You will twist all logic in your arguments into a 100 different ways and beat things to death.

Their running backs have been better in comparison to peers at their position than our receivers were in their's. That is not even disputable.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Best pure running to ever play running back in the NFL in my opinion. No running back could run like Sayers.

But he didn't play as many years or have the production of Spurrier Receivers. How can this be!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I think Scarlett is going to make some big plays for us this year....I think Cronk is going to be our best all around back and I hope Thompson puts some nails in opponents coffins....

Yeah Crete I am in full agreement about what you said...Cronk is our best all around back; Scarlett will make some plays....

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Having a conversation with you is like sticking spikes in my eyes.

:wobble:

The average running back lasts about four years in the NFL. You will twist all logic in your arguments into a 100 different ways and beat things to death.

We are talking about position production. If you do not understand that go cry elsewhere.

I see you didn't bring up any of the facts of the argument.... It's about expectation regardless of position and how they performed. You have yet to prove your argument, and your supporting argument didn't have the facts to support it. None of the backs you provided have produced at their position like Ike Hillard did for his position. They are still young in their careers, but to this point they haven't.

Their running backs have been better in comparison to peers at their position than our receivers were in their's. That is not even disputable.

But yet you commented on something were the two different position groups were discussed as well as their draft positions being adjusted by the systems they were in. You are the one that started the comparison based on NFL production, then whine when the stats are brought up.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But he didn't play as many years or have the production of Spurrier Receivers. How can this be!

Sayers did have more impact on the NFL game and production than any receiver from Spurriers group.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why is Gator Nat Moore not mentioned as a WR that had a long, productive NFL career?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Why is Gator Nat Moore not mentioned as a WR that had a long, productive NFL career?
Don't remember Ole Nat playing for SOS....however I think Wes Chandler was one of the better WR's in the league for a good number of years.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dougie loves a good argument or two every week. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah Crete I am in full agreement about what you said...Cronk is our best all around back; Scarlett will make some plays....
I would really love to see Scarlett get the ball in the flat where he can utilize his speed. It would also be nice if our tackles/TE could set an edge so we could get him some room on the outside sweeps/pitches. I think he's our best bet as a homerun back although he may be a liability in pass protection. I recall seeing Thompson crush a few people in pass protection when I watched his JuCo highlights. Cronk showed some good awareness last season in protection and is a good north/south runner with decent hands when receiving, remember the USCe game when he saved Treon's ass from a sure int.and took it in for a TD I believe. I'm excited about the group as a whole and the effect they could have on the overall offense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dougie loves a good argument or two every week.

Not really an argument... just a difference of opinion. that is what this is for, to discuss our opinions. I just prefer a fact based discussion. But some people are easy to draw in when I'm bored at work, they make easy marks depending on the subject.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Don't remember Ole Nat playing for SOS....however I think Wes Chandler was one of the better WR's in the league for a good number of years.

Yep, the earlier comment was about Spurrier's WRs. There were a couple with decent NFL careers, but I need a few minutes.

Btw, Collinsworth did well in Cincy, too.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics