O' Sullivan to USC?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We will officially be building a new stadium in the grove by the softball complex, maybe it will be enough to keep Sully here.

Are they making more room for the football complex? The drawings I saw looked like they were desperately squeezing it in between the practice fields, T&F and the baseball field. I'd like to see a quality facility instead of, "this is all the room we had, sorry..."

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
You would have thought so but it will be 18 months before they start building the baseball field and don't want to delay the all in one that long so apparently we are stuck with the half-ass all in one.
If I know the UAA they will build a womens equestrian park there, Foley's second pick behind lacrosse for a new womens sport.

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It is news to me that we are making a "new" baseball facility. We have upgrades to the current one planned as well as to the softball facility.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It is news to me that we are making a "new" baseball facility. We have upgrades to the current one planned as well as to the softball facility.

Ditto. I had not heard that. Is it a new stadium all together or just a practice complex/facility and they will continue playing in the current stadium?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Ditto. I had not heard that. Is it a new stadium all together or just a practice complex/facility and they will continue playing in the current stadium?

Official description

A renovation of McKethan Stadium, home to the baseball team. The new look will feature shade structuring, five new rows of premium seating directly behind home plate, new club seating and an expanded press box, a new second-level concourse, plus refurbished and improved player amenities.

I doubt that any of this will require them playing anywhere else, probably be completed during the off season. I bet some of these improvements are to support the SEC network and increased coverage for various reasons.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he takes the current hitting coach with. From what I have observed it seem that his strategy is to have all hitters stand there with the bat on their shoulder and watch strikes go past but to swing wildly at every pitch that is out of the strike zone.
I've been wondering all year if we have a hitting coach. It's amazing how bad this team is at the plate. And here they are, one win away, the most unlikely team he's taken may win it all. To me, making it to the championship game at all was just as amazing as winning it all. I would never have believed it. But no matter what happens, the hitting coach has to go but it may be Sully himself.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Commenting on a upgraded stadium...Our fans don't come to this one and I don't think they will come to an upgrade.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Commenting on a upgraded stadium...Our fans don't come to this one and I don't think they will come to an upgrade.
Doesn't matter, gotta keep up with the Jones's if we are gonna get the recruits. :grin:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I've been wondering all year if we have a hitting coach. It's amazing how bad this team is at the plate. And here they are, one win away, the most unlikely team he's taken may win it all. To me, making it to the championship game at all was just as amazing as winning it all. I would never have believed it. But no matter what happens, the hitting coach has to go but it may be Sully himself.

Just to clarify, so if it turns out Sully is the hitting coach (I'm confident he's not), you'd want him gone even if we just won it all?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Just to clarify, so if it turns out Sully is the hitting coach (I'm confident he's not), you'd want him gone even if we just won it all?
No, I would have to say amen. I thot he made only one mistake and that was not pitching Faedo in the 3rd game and starting Jackson K, who always gives up 4 runs. If we had of won game 3 instead of game 4, we would have Alex for the decisive game which is probably going to happen. However, this team seems to be destined to win it all. I never thot they would survive the regionals. "The pox" on the batting coach
clear.png
clear.png
:)

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Old news Chief, the cost of the renovation was 40 mil. they estimate an all new facility at 50 mil. my guess is probably 70 million and it's going in the grove. I know guys that work there and they have been given 18 months before ground breaking will begin if funding comes thru.
Nothing will be announced until funding and naming rights are all in order.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

It is possible, just barely possible, that this team is not blessed with good hitters.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Old news Chief, the cost of the renovation was 40 mil. they estimate an all new facility at 50 mil. my guess is probably 70 million and it's going in the grove. I know guys that work there and they have been given 18 months before ground breaking will begin if funding comes thru.
Nothing will be announced until funding and naming rights are all in order.

Are you referring to the orange grove on Hull Road?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sully coaches the pitchers if I'm not mistaken.

Correct, he was Clemson's pitching coach prior to UF. He may still get involved with the hitters though, just doubtful that's the case

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No, I would have to say amen. I thot he made only one mistake and that was not pitching Faedo in the 3rd game and starting Jackson K, who always gives up 4 runs. If we had of won game 3 instead of game 4, we would have Alex for the decisive game which is probably going to happen. However, this team seems to be destined to win it all. I never thot they would survive the regionals. "The pox" on the batting coach
clear.png
clear.png
:)

I was okay with going Kowar personally. I think we are all surprised to see how far we have gone in the CWS considering how poor we've hit, but we all know that great pitching beats great hitting

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It is possible, just barely possible, that this team is not blessed with good hitters.
i'll give you that. However, when you see the hitting comparison with other teams, it seems Sully's teams are usually wanting. I can remember a few powerhouses but they have been few.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Yes, the buildings will stay but all the green houses and most of the trees will be gone.
It's a large piece of land plus the student garden behind it would be parking and tailgating.
The existing buildings will be accessed from the road behind the lacrosse complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.