Off-season program - Phase 5

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I’m too lazy to go back and read the old threads, but my memory is that the general consensus around here was Dancin’ Dan was an upgrade over Butters, but overall a “meh” hire. I was a lurker in those days, but that’s pretty much how I felt, so perhaps my memory is clouded.

Yes, Dan was not in many people's top 3 here. I still think the two main alternatives, Kelly and Frost, might have been able to replicate some of what was done here under Dan. Kelly's recruiting might've been worse. Frost, I think his two biggest issues are no recruit was alive when Nebraska was winning titles and his insistence on bringing most of his UCF staff. I think with the talent we had on the roster, he could've done better than he has at Nebraska.

Dan definitely fell harder off a cliff in a shorter amount of time than I would've guessed last year.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yes, Dan was not in many people's top 3 here. I still think the two main alternatives, Kelly and Frost, might have been able to replicate some of what was done here under Dan. Kelly's recruiting might've been worse. Frost, I think his two biggest issues are no recruit was alive when Nebraska was winning titles and his insistence on bringing most of his UCF staff. I think with the talent we had on the roster, he could've done better than he has at Nebraska.

Dan definitely fell harder off a cliff in a shorter amount of time than I would've guessed last year.

Of those considered, Dan was my last choice. I knew an MSU alumnus (Good judge of character) who could not stand Danny Boy...Stopped attending games and pulled his donations. He warned me and was SPOT ON.

But hey, I wanted to go cheap and a legacy...I wanted Kerwin. No I'm not smoking grass...I'm just delusional... but I still think he is better than Chump, Butters MacShark, and Cousin Eddie.

I too had Frost at the top of who was considered. I also believe that Frost did well at UCF because of Florida Talent and lesser competition. I also think he would have done better in the Swamp than the Corn Fields for several reasons:

Have you been to NE? Sure there is plenty of Big Farms Boys but... and if I am not mistaken, Nebraska won't spend the money an OSU or Pen State will pay. So what does U Neb offer?

After this plays out...Don't be surprised if the Big Conference Draws will be the SEC and PAC...Just due to NIL and glitz.

Frost will be back. He's a good coach...He just let his Red Glasses taint his vision.

Note: But a real coach can take a team like DUKE and win. Just sayin (Never should of had to interview)

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Good post. I can't help but wonder though if Dooshly Dan fell or just committed career suicide by "cornered AD."

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The blazing amazing is that Dan dug his own cliff, so steep deep in so short a time.

Cousin Eddie, You, Me, the Gator Nation...
OGC.715ddf409cf995323b35d469ded94a42

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Saturday DowSouth posted this , chuckled a little when I saw Fl. View attachment 42732

I’d say Nostalgic, wanting to relive and restore the good old (and getting older) days.

It’s not delusional to expect we could recruit well in our talent-rich state and hire a great coach. I’d say the same for aTm, except we’re trying to return and they are trying to get there for the first time.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think we are going to a new phase now, right? Summer ball starts. Etienne and Conner are now on campus and start Summer A tomorrow. The rest of the 22 class should be on campus by 22 May?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think we are going to a new phase now, right? Summer ball starts. Etienne and Conner are now on campus and start Summer A tomorrow. The rest of the 22 class should be on campus by 22 May?

Learning the playbook and getting in shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator