Gator Basketball *** Official Basketball: UF versus Ole Miss ***

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
With Ole Miss missing 2 major players, especially one of the SEC-leading scorers and their floor general, it began as a "pointless" contest in essence. And yes the announcers dumped their uttered disrespect for this particular game that they were well-paid to announce. That odd babbling gutturally must have stemmed from knowing nothing good could come from these two teams.?? So, again where announcers usually spend time questioning why Mike White has failed to get decent play out of his gifted athletes, they instead turn to joking about everything else.
Does that indicate that basketball aficionados (announcers) have given up looking for positives to say about this Gator team & coach? (kinda like we have)?

Coming in the next 3 games White's Gators play really well-coached undefeated Auburn 16-0, then LSU 12-4, then Baylor 14-1. Our Gators will be the hapless underdog in all 3 contests. We got anybody who can step up ... maybe Coach White?? I'll watch with lessening hope. Go Gators!

PS >> No doubt UF can do better with a White replacement. Sorry?

Good observations but the announcers are paid to announce the game, not talk about snakes. I would fire them immediately if I was their boss. Who would you think would be an improvement who would come to UF? I think that Mike's bosses should insist on a new assistant who is focused on offense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Consider these points:
1) very unlikely that we beat Auburn, a very well rounded, well-coached team.
2) maybe we get to see White exert his full repertoire of coaching skills? White exertion?
3) of necessity, we may see our freshmen take it on themselves to thwart Auburn --- at least a few highlights films.
4) our young players are forced to recognize & learn stuff that White never would teach them.
5) don't let Auburn sear our young guys with a branding of shame. coach master-manipulate your freshman charges top hold their own.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It’s time for the freshman crew to step up.

Payne: He is slowly adjusting to the college game and no longer being the biggest kid in the floor. Recent games have given him valuable minutes and it’s starting to show.

Lewis: He has been an elite defender from the start but it is painfully obvious that is is far from polished on the offensive side. He doesn’t have a consistent jump shot and despite elite athleticism has not been effective creating his own shot or attacking off the dribble. He has an AAU game that needs work. The last few games he has looked more comfortable with the ball and hit a few jumpers. He should not go one and done. Needs polish.

Mann: He is the hardest to figure out. He dominated over the summer and preseason practices. But he just can’t seem to get on a roll with any type of consistency offensively. Has missed wide open shots from all 3 levels all season long. He alone could transform our offense. I thought he was going to be in the Trae Young mold but it has not materialized.

It may take a few more games but we need these 3 youngins to step up soon. Much of our preseason hype was predicated you on them being productive.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mann having a tough time adjusting to the strength and speed of the college game. He is not a buff kid and needs a year or 2 in the weight room that is for sure. I think the physicality of the college game has affected him. In high school, he was quick enough to get around everyone but now guys can match his athleticism in college. With Nemb and KJ out vs Auburn we virtually have no chance. With them we had a very slim chance to win at home but that appears to really be out the window now. Us against the world? Do we have a chance? Is it looking like a 20 point loss like vs Mizzou?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator