***OFFICIAL BOWL GAME THREAD: UF vs Virginia***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sad. Doesn't sound as if you've eaten fish and grits with a swamp cabbage appetizer.

I’m going to go against the grain here perhaps, but I only like grits as breakfast. Yes, I’ve had fish/shrimp and grits. It’s not inedible, but not a preference. They need to be with bacon and eggs and coffee on a weekend morning, ideally during cooler months and after a win.

Never had swamp cabbage, and dint know what it is. But it has me almost as concerned as that link about free bleeding.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m going to go against the grain here perhaps, but I only like grits as breakfast. Yes, I’ve had fish/shrimp and grits. It’s not inedible, but not a preference. They need to be with bacon and eggs and coffee on a weekend morning, ideally during cooler months and after a win.

Never had swamp cabbage, and dint know what it is. But it has me almost as concerned as that link about free bleeding.

Cheese grits are a staple with blackened fish and shrimp...as for oats I find them detestable myself

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even though we have a game left it, already feels like the off-season.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This thread reminds me of that time that chick gave me a snowball. It was fun in the beginning but then it left a bad taste in my mouth.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For steel cut oats, simply cook them in the crockpot overnight. With some milk, and a little maple syrup, cinnamon and brown sugar. You'll wake up starving after smelling that all night.

For grits, boil them in 100% chicken stock. Then mix in some fresh grated sharp cheddar in the end. Goes good with bacon.

You're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.