Recruiting ***Official ESD Game Day Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When you’re crappy at recruiting, these things tend to shock you.... because they have to go right every time. Good recruiters already have better talent locked in. Your “source” sensing any potential to shake up the offensive staff?
Hes mentioned adding to the recruiting staff, have not heard about any subtracting to echo the sentiment around here

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hes mentioned adding to the recruiting staff, have not heard about any subtracting to echo the sentiment around here
Addition can be made by subtraction. Maybe put a bug in your friends ear. Someone needs to talk some sense into Mulllen... unless your buddy is Knox or Gonzalez. Probably in poor taste.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Is that all there is?
Is that all there is?
If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing.

giphy.gif

Let's break out the booze and have a ball
if that's all there is.

412.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I may have used the wrong word above. Loyalty is a positive - stubbornness gets you fired. He’s stubborn - no new blood for his offense. Refuses to can underperforming offensive staff (he’s pushed out defensive dudes before). He apparently is too stubborn to prioritize recruiting like his peers. Better figure it out or it will be his downfall.
I think anyone in a leadership position HAS to be stubborn. But they also have to reflect. We'll see how things shake out. I think he's done just good enough in recruiting to keep us a solid 2nd or 3rd in the SECE. Maybe coaching will get us to 1st next year.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think anyone in a leadership position HAS to be stubborn. But they also have to reflect. We'll see how things shake out. I think he's done just good enough in recruiting to keep us a solid 2nd or 3rd in the SECE. Maybe coaching will get us to 1st next year.
Stubbornness is fine... if its working. But there’s stubbornness to a fault and I think that’s where Mullen is. Meyer/Saban/Dabo/etc. are stubborn too but they know when to take a step back, reevaluate, and make tough decisions. I think that’s the missing piece with Mullen.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

True. But he aint a flip to the point I was making. He is being reported as having trouble getting into UF. Which sucks .. but not the same suck as a school stealing him.

Personally ... I really like this class a whole lot and just because today wasn't a big flip day for us doesn't make it a flop. We upgraded the hell out of our trenches. And I love that we upgraded our D. IMO, had we been tougher in the trenches on both sides of the ball we could of had a special team.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Stubbornness is fine... if its working. But there’s stubbornness to a fault and I think that’s where Mullen is. Meyer/Saban/Dabo/etc. are stubborn too but they know when to take a step back, reevaluate, and make tough decisions. I think that’s the missing piece with Mullen.
Agree on Meyer/Saban/Dabo. I'm going to withhold judgement on Mullen until after NSD. He's not on the same level as the others. That doesn't mean he can't see the light... eventually.
If he does upgrade his recruiting team, all the better.
If he doesn't, at least the next guy will (it appears) have quality depth and a full roster.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Starting to look like the 12% chance of 0-3 on Brown, Smith and Harris is coming to pass. Big misreadings here by the staff. Harris miss might mean a Pinder pickup if they played it right.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Annnnnd Mullen is indeed not an elite recruiter. Another disappointing signing day. Been a while since we’ve had an exciting one tbh

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Good, but time will tell if its good enough, the status quo isn't good enough..........beat UGa

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Attention to detail is what separates the names you listed from Mullen. They are so attentive to every detail they are able to see what is working and what doesn't in the long run. Mullen's show lack of attention to detail to go along with the stubbornness which separates the good/very good from the great.

AFCatholicGator

Sep 7, 2018
I'm hoping this will be the class I learn my lesson to stop getting sucked into this crap. Life is too short. I can't influence these kids or Mullen. Just wait and see who signs and hope Mullen makes the correct changes and facility upgrades help. All my F5 refreshing won't change these events. I just need to wait see who signs not get invested and cheer on whoever signs. This crap is getting old and I'm just tired of feeling like a loser on NSD every year I'm done being Charlie Brown. Merry Christmas gents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.