***OFFICIAL Florida vs. Ole Miss Game Thread***

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n288294 said:
I find it hilarious that you are taking me serious.

I always take you serious...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n288442 said:
You're reaching so hard for a like:lol:
I say this every week that we play an SEC opponent now.
It worked last year against UGA. This year against Kentucky and then Tenn.

I'm gonna keep using it until it doesn't work :lol2:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
'Ole Piss is over rated. They're 'Ole Piss for cripes sake. Last SEC championship was 1963. And they have crappy recruiting classes. They got lucky against 'bama with that ricochet pass and ''bama still almost came back to beat them. We expose them this week.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
threatmatrix;n288600 said:
'Ole Piss is over rated. They're 'Ole Piss for cripes sake. Last SEC championship was 1963. And they have crappy recruiting classes. They got lucky against 'bama with that ricochet pass and ''bama still almost came back to beat them. We expose them this week.

National ranking for their last two recruiting classes was 14 and 17.

Their transfer QB is a decent athlete who makes quick reads and has a quick release. Flat trajectory on his passes. Bama knocked a lot of his passes down. Seems to make good decisions and not make bad throws. OL gave him a good pocket and cleared out defenders on their perimeter running plays in several cases.

Pretty amazing size and speed on their DL. This could be where they beat us if our OL gets overwhelmed. Running game will be hurting. If our front four turn it up, this could be true for both teams. Could come down to which team gets it going thru the air.

Don't know about their DBs. Bama was getting a lot downfield in the passing game. If Grier gets a chance to stand in and throw, Powell, Callaway, McGee, and D Rob could get loose.

Go Gators.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n288288 said:
I don't think Powell is an NFL WR. He is a great college WR and I love the kid, but he is too small to be an NFL WR. What NFL WR would you compare him to? Fulwood may make an NFL team because of his size and speed, but he has never contributed at a high level for the Gators so not sure why you think he is so good.

DRob has talent, but he never uses it. He runs with the ball out and doesn't seem to be as focused or have the work ethic needed to be a high level contributor on a weekly basis.

The Oline has some freshman talent I agree, but other than that they are severly lacking at this point. The freshmen at this point in time are not talented enough for us to be a true factor in the SEC. The right side of the line has been getting destroyed as Riles Jr. is not getting it done.

Regarding Powell-- Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders, Darren Sproles (receiving back), Antonio Brown, Desean Jackson, Julian Edelman, TY Hilton......

There are a lot of small and shift WRs in the NFL. And no I am not saying his skill set is the exact same as some of the above, but I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility he can play in the NFL.

He is only a Sophomore bran

Oct 5, 2014
I really admire his contributions to our team this year but he does not have the speed we see with the others you have named here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n288610 said:
Their transfer QB is a decent athlete who makes quick reads and has a quick release. Flat trajectory on his passes. Bama knocked a lot of his passes down. Seems to make good decisions and not make bad throws. OL gave him a good pocket and cleared out defenders on their perimeter running plays in several cases.

Pretty amazing size and speed on their DL. This could be where they beat us if our OL gets overwhelmed. Running game will be hurting. If our front four turn it up, this could be true for both teams. Could come down to which team gets it going thru the air.
Yeah, that is what concerns me. They have to DL to make out OL look silly and they have the QB and receivers to take advantage of our weak pass protection over the top. Out of all the games in October, I dislike the way we match up against these guys the most.

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n288925 said:
Yeah, that is what concerns me. They have to DL to make out OL look silly and they have the QB and receivers to take advantage of our weak pass protection over the top. Out of all the games in October, I dislike the way we match up against these guys the most.

Is there a tv in here for you not watch?

Attachments

• conv_4707.jpg
    conv_4707.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 9

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LongTooth;n288610 said:

I've been watching the Vandy-Ole Miss game in pieces this week. On offense, the passing was decent to OK, hitting Treadwell on a few difficult throws but otherwise spreading the ball around to whomever the defense left open - I think we'll be OK on this one, both in backfield coverage and pass rush from the DL. Running game was primarily off the edges, and rarely breaking things - this may change against us if we still can't tackle. QB is a pass first (and second), rather than the tuck and run. If we can get to him, great. If not, he can buy time and is determined to make a play which can be daggers to the defense.

Overall, I think we'll hold them in check with our defense, hopefully even generate some turnovers. My biggest fear is our offense implodes, or doesn't even get time to do that with their defense crashing in so hard everydown. This really scares me.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
GatorBenji;n289053 said:
Swamp will be LIT! Can't wait

I'LL BE LIT! Can't wait!

Haven't been to the Swamp since 2013. Looking forward to seeing everyone amped for the team and a strong opponent.

:swampqueen:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LongTooth;n288610 said:
National ranking for their last two recruiting classes was 14 and 17.

Don't know about their DBs. Bama was getting a lot downfield in the passing game. If Grier gets a chance to stand in and throw, Powell, Callaway, McGee, and D Rob could get loose.

Go Gators.

Don't confuse me with facts. :whistle:

14 and 17 is mediocre. (I'm ignoring our rankings because I can't see them with my head in the sand). College football games often don't come down to the matchups that we expect. And college teams often play +/- 30% of their capabilities. Pros maybe +/- 5%. CFB is played on emotion. It's more psychological. I don't think we quite know how good our team is yet. And 'ole piss is 'ole piss.
I used to predict based on logical matchups. Now I pick on emotion. The game could go as you logically think it will but 'll bet it won't.

Plus, this ain't :kiffin:'s Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator