***OFFICIAL Florida vs. Ole Miss Game Thread***

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
threatmatrix;n289326 said:
Don't confuse me with facts. :whistle:

14 and 17 is mediocre. (I'm ignoring our rankings because I can't see them with my head in the sand). College football games often don't come down to the matchups that we expect. And college teams often play +/- 30% of their capabilities. Pros maybe +/- 5%. CFB is played on emotion. It's more psychological. I don't think we quite know how good our team is yet. And 'ole piss is 'ole piss.
I used to predict based on logical matchups. Now I pick on emotion. The game could go as you logically think it will but 'll bet it won't.

Plus, this ain't :kiffin:'s Gators.

i agree 14 and 17 are not in the rareified air of elite classes. good but not great.

and i never said anything about how things "will" go. i said they "could" go certain ways.

i agree emotion and psychology play bigger roles in college ball, and we have both going in a positive direction for us right now, and we don't know what the ceiling is for this group of players. we will also have a home crowd (myself included) that will be fired up and ready to make whatever difference it can.

having said that, the team HAS to be aware of what OM is capable of and what they will probably throw at us on both sides of the ball.

the rest will be decided by the intangibles and the bounce of the ball on the night.

believe me, i'm chugging the kool aid right now and can't wait to see us turn the college football world on its head. but let's acknowledge that OM won't make it easy.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LongTooth;n289336 said:
i agree 14 and 17 are not in the rareified air of elite classes. good but not great.

and i never said anything about how things "will" go. i said they "could" go certain ways.

i agree emotion and psychology play bigger roles in college ball, and we have both going in a positive direction for us right now, and we don't know what the ceiling is for this group of players. we will also have a home crowd (myself included) that will be fired up and ready to make whatever difference it can.

having said that, the team HAS to be aware of what OM is capable of and what they will probably throw at us on both sides of the ball.

the rest will be decided by the intangibles and the bounce of the ball on the night.

believe me, i'm chugging the kool aid right now and can't wait to see us turn the college football world on its head. but let's acknowledge that OM won't make it easy.

Didn't mean to sound like I was disagreeing with you. So right, the coaches know where our weaknesses are so they game plan around them - e.g. Oline is weak, make your QB mobile. etc. etc. I don't think ole piss is more talented then us... just cuz that's what I want to think. Treadwell worries me though. So maybe we find out if Mac is a better coach then Hugh Freeze.

We might see a trick play of our own this week.

I won't be surprised if we win this game. I would be very surprised if we beat Fournette, at night, in Death Valley.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Geez ... 14 and 17 are indicative of a top-notch team, both ways.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n289350 said:
Oline is weak, make your QB mobile.
That's Jeffdriskelthink talking again. The answer to a weak oline is to work the edges with quick passes or maybe quick edge runs.

Mac knows (talking about needing Grier to get the ball out quickly):

“If he could figure out one, two and three and not wait until four, that would be a pretty good deal,” McElwain said.

From the Grier will start again article on gsmb. I won't post a link.

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n289439 said:
Mac knows

Of course he does. He's a good coach. That's why pretty much everybody on the board besides you was excited when he was hired. Yet you pissed and moaned and berated Foley. You criticized his coaching hires.

Nobody cares about your opinion on the game.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n289461 said:
Of course he does. He's a good coach. That's why pretty much everybody on the board besides you was excited when he was hired. Yet you pissed and moaned and berated Foley. You criticized his coaching hires.

Nobody cares about your opinion on the game.

Just let it go man. Your constant retaliations are getting old.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Starting to think we could actually win this game. Watching the Vandy game highlights that QB on Ole Miss was very reckless throwing the football and we might get a few interceptions.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Vandy D did something right against Ole Miss to hold the Ole Miss Offense ? What was it? ... did Vandy rush the QB
effectively ? Can UF do better ?- - enough to beat 'em ?

Dec 10, 2014
MissouriGator;n289518 said:
Just let it go man. Your constant retaliations are getting old.

I didn't ask. Mind your own damn business.

Edit: Also, where the F were you when every thread was getting hijacked about Foley sucking or Mac being a terrible hire or the facilities for a year? You ever tell Law to STFU because it was getting "old?"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n289565 said:
The Vandy D did something right against Ole Miss to hold the Ole Miss Offense ? What was it? ... did Vandy rush the QB

Not sure except coverage looked pretty good and the Ole Miss QB kept throwing it in there anyway.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n289596 said:
I didn't ask. Mind your own damn business.

Edit: Also, where the F were you when every thread was getting hijacked about Foley sucking or Mac being a terrible hire or the facilities for a year? You ever tell Law to STFU because it was getting "old?"

:burn:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
rogdochar;n289565 said:
They didn't turn the ball over on offense or ST, unlike Bama who handed them the ball every few plays. That was the biggest difference. Don't give them a short field.

This is going to be the best pass rush Kelly has ever faced. I expect to get a lot of pressure on him an force some errant passes hopefully.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. The years of Chump allowed me to not get my hopes up like Mac's Gators ... really feel nervously invested
in this one. I'll be "on edge" tomorrow night.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
According to other sites we have 21 players with the flu and Grier is one of them and might not start. Is there any truth to any of this.

I thought only a few had the flu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LeeForThree;n289704 said:
According to other sites we have 21 players with the flu and Grier is one of them and might not start. Is there any truth to any of this.

I thought only a few had the flu

It's all smoking mirrors. This will help us more than we will ever

:puke:

:barfaway::barfaway::barfaway:

nevermind....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A flea and a fly
in a flue
were imprisoned
so what did they do ?
Said the flea,
let us fly.
Said the fly,
let us flee.
So they flew
through a flaw in the flue.

Let none of them get mono.We've got a highly ranked med-school.?? The show must go on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator