Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida @ Texas A&M

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
MW wins just enough games not to get fired. Career Win percentage in his 7 seasons at UF is less than .572

Time to move on. What are they waiting for? The seats are empty. Give someone else a chance.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Whitey isn’t going anywhere. He will be head coach forever. I’ve accepted it.
When White got the last extension it came with zero pay increase which almost never happens. That was a clear indication to him that he was on the hot seat. Most of you guys were saying the exact same thing about Mullinz. Short of a miracle turn around, this will be White's last year.

Sometimes you just aren't a match for a program, are snake bit, etc and both parties need to cut their loses and move on. Imagine how White felt when it looked like he had the road win when Philanderous had the only 3 point shooter foul of the entire game on what was clearly an intentional act and honestly should have been a flagrant foul. I'm guessing after that play White started looking for a realtor and checking the attic for the moving boxes.

I think White is a good guy, ran a clean program, and wish him luck at his next stop, but UF needs to salvage this program by dumping MW and being the first big program to go shopping for a new coach. Stricklin must have a leading target one would assume.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Basketball was my favorite and best sport in my youth. Coached quite a bit as well and this entire season I have not watched enough to add up to 1 entire game. And it is all due to Mike. He just sux. It is so obvious. did not watch a second last night, but it appears that my view that Mike is worst half court offensive basketball mind I have ever witnessed was in full force last night by putting up a stellar 55 points against a team on an 8 game losing streak. That takes talent to orchestrate.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mike White, looks extremely stressed on the side line. I think he’s smart enough to know chit ain't looked good for him right now.
But then again maybe not..

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whitey isn’t going anywhere. He will be head coach forever. I’ve accepted it.
indignation-jump.gif

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
We lost to a team that shot 33% for the game. Of course, we shot less than 30 percent from the field and 7-30 from 3 pt range. When there is a lack-luster effort by all, this team does not belong at the dance. We needed to win four out of our last six and to get there and now we need to win one game from either au or uk and all the rest. Since we can't make layups or open shots from 10 feet, even winning at home is an after-thought. Someone other than Castleton needs to step up or it will be a short post season.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We lost to a team that shot 33% for the game. Of course, we shot less than 30 percent from the field and 7-30 from 3 pt range. When there is a lack-luster effort by all, this team does not belong at the dance. We needed to win four out of our last six and to get there and now we need to win one game from either au or uk and all the rest. Since we can't make layups or open shots from 10 feet, even winning at home is an after-thought. Someone other than Castleton needs to step up or it will be a short post season.

images

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just about EVERYONE was saying that Mullen would get another year and he was canned. Strick has an itchy trigger finger and I really hope he makes a change and fires MW. I had said before the UGA game that Mullen was a goner and he was. Looking at MW with his arms across his chest and frown on his face, I think he may have already been told that he will not be retained.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Basketball - Florida basketball is the worst thing we cover

The media has CERTAINLY noticed and has been adding fuel to the fire that MW MUST be let go. Its all over twitter on EVERY game too so the heat and pressure has been turned up 10 fold this entire year. I would be very surprised if MW would to survive the season just like Mullen because looking at the schedule its going to be a VERY ROUGH finish to the season for us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Every year nobody on White's teams can shoot well enough to take us on a solid reliable tournament run. White & crew must not be practicing them steeped enough in rehearsing the basics: how to position the body for releasing the shot.?? Not drumming in the "must-have" mindset of pressing the "give & go" to our tall players. Never should the "disher" not look for his "passmate" being open.?? I see us do that too often.??-- and Castleton's hands are well above the chasing defender.??

With a legit HC, so many winning skill techniques just naturally occur in the flow-work of your "trained" team. White has no faith in his ability to teach winning basketball.? So he neglects it to the extent that his collection of players relies on a "poke & hope" style execution. Watching that makes me want to puke from game-start to finish.

Stricklin must stop having faith in White and put all his faith in developing our future-now BBall program.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When White got the last extension it came with zero pay increase which almost never happens. That was a clear indication to him that he was on the hot seat. Most of you guys were saying the exact same thing about Mullinz. Short of a miracle turn around, this will be White's last year.

Sometimes you just aren't a match for a program, are snake bit, etc and both parties need to cut their loses and move on. Imagine how White felt when it looked like he had the road win when Philanderous had the only 3 point shooter foul of the entire game on what was clearly an intentional act and honestly should have been a flagrant foul. I'm guessing after that play White started looking for a realtor and checking the attic for the moving boxes.

I think White is a good guy, ran a clean program, and wish him luck at his next stop, but UF needs to salvage this program by dumping MW and being the first big program to go shopping for a new coach. Stricklin must have a leading target one would assume.

There's also a bigger problem. There are zero good candidates put there. Most of the suggestions I see are coaches with a worse record than white. I'm not saying that I'm happy with how things are going but the market is absolutely dog shcit right now.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
There's also a bigger problem. There are zero good candidates put there. Most of the suggestions I see are coaches with a worse record than white. I'm not saying that I'm happy with how things are going but the market is absolutely dog shcit right now.
Doesn't matter about the market. Get out of the poop and not sit in it for years. Find the diamond in the pool of options and see it they can do better. Nothing to lose

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter about the market. Get out of the poop and not sit in it for years. Find the diamond in the pool of options and see it they can do better. Nothing to lose
Yeah that's probably what's gonna happen . And I get it. I just hope we don't miss on the next big time guy because we're tied to someone we reached for. Steve Forbes or maybe the guy at Illinois are the only ones that somewhat intrigue me. Maybe Matt McMahon. Idk . I wish Greg Marshall hadn't ruined his career.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Yeah that's probably what's gonna happen . And I get it. I just hope we don't miss on the next big time guy because we're tied to someone we reached for. Steve Forbes or maybe the guy at Illinois are the only ones that somewhat intrigue me. Maybe Matt McMahon. Idk . I wish Greg Marshall hadn't ruined his career.

I would prefer firing White and hiring Anthony Grant at this point. Yes, I know Grant couldn't do anything when he was at Alabama... but neither had anyone else really at that point he has done well at Dayton, and I'm curious to see what sort of prospects he could pull in for us here.

Do I think he can succeed here? Probably not. But I would say that about anybody, and I said it about White when he was initially hired.

We are not a basketball school and will never have a lot of success unless we find a top tier recruiter. Hard to get good recruits when they see we can't even fill the arena with fans for SEC games. Even for Billy's years attendance started dropping even though we were still a top program. White hasn't been a bad recruiter but he I don't think his classes have been as strong as Billy's and obviously he doesn't hold a candle to Billy when it comes to offensive philosophy.

I agree with Lee, keep trying to find the next great head coach until you get lucky (like pretty much all of the other SEC schools have to do except for Kentucky).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator