Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Oklahoma St

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Impressive comeback. We are making shots and OSU is snake bit and helping our cause.

OSU bench players were giving us the chomp when they were cruising in the first half. Curse of the chomp possibly?

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
That was pretty darn impressive. Down 16 in the first and win by 9 with no big man.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
COMPLETE DISASTER of a team missing 3 inside players. Gators shooting 25% from 3 and 34% overall. Okie St shooting 70% from 3 and 63% overall in a COMPLETE DOMINATION of the stats and game. Looks like I was right and wrong about when I said we might finish 2-10 to finish the season. Looking at the schedule again, we might LOSE out to end the season as our shooting has gotten WORSE and WORSE every game! LMAO at MW who you can tell by the pain on his face that he just KNOWS that he is GONE. SAME look that Mullen had before the UGA game as he KNEW he was GONE too.
Didn't age well.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
I wonder why the really successful coaches aren’t victims of circumstance year after year after year. Maybe they’re just lucky. Maybe the gods are against CMW. Maybe the dark cloud just follows him. Maybe life isn’t fair. Or maybe he’s just really ineffectual and really good at blame shifting. I don’t really give a crap which is which. Give me a coach who makes things happen.

UAA can excuse him all they want. At some point his legacy is their legacy.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow what a crazy comeback for our Gators. Outscored OSU 49-27 in the 2nd half after we got owned in the first half. Our Gators played tough and didn't give up like most of our fans did, including me. GENIUS move by MW to speed up the game with a pressing defense and also by changing defenses to cause OSU 12 turnovers in the 2nd half. Also we defended the 3 point line much better with OSU hitting only 1 of 8 in the 2nd half when they hit 7 of 10 in the first half. Gators actually shot fts good, making 33 of 41 for 80% which never happens. Phlan Flem had 14 points and Appleby had 21 points to lead the Gators. Surprise win with the comeback but still won't help MW as our schedule sets up horribly and we will get crushed by the likes of AU, UK twice, Ark, Ole Miss again, and TAM.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
It was a sloppy and scrappy game--which benefited us since Ok State got in foul trouble early in the 2nd half and allowed us to get to the line early and often. Both teams had a ton of turnovers, but they had a bit more and that made the difference in the end.

Credit to the players and to the Rowdies for keeping us in it.

Best part of the game for me: I was watching from a brewery in Salt Lake City and some annoying Semenhole happened to be there doing the tomahawk chop and the mock chomp in the 1st half when he saw me in my Gator sweater...then got silenced in the 2nd half and during the comeback. I enjoyed saying "Go Gators" and doing the Chomp on the way out the door. :cool:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We have Wayne Fontes as our basketball coach. This walking excrement is going to find a way to save his job yet again.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is it politically correct to say, "any win is a good win"?

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Give credit where it's due....impressive comeback with no inside game against a likely tournament team.....now I fear we will carry this momentum by losing to UGA

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Do meaningless wins extend the meaninglessness of Mike White.? That is all White offers UF, forever.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We have Wayne Fontes as our basketball coach.
1762.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wayne’s looking awfully natty for his age. Who’s the relic in the middle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator