Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** NCAA Tourney - Colorado vs UF

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

They have us losing in the first round. I've seen quite a few sites saying Colorado is a Sweet 16 team and will beat UF and Marquette

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see ALOT of people picking UCONN to repeat as Champions. Does our streak come to an end??

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And some of you thought Billy Donovan was horrible from 2001-2005.

UVA has always had a TERRIBLE offense. They hit lightning in a bottle that championship year. They have flamed out every year since then in the first weekend I think. I think we held them to 39 points in one game in the NCAA Tourney. Sid most notably wanted Billy D fired. He HATED Billy D and was SILENT once we won back to back championships and never heard from again.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Weren't there some on here pining for Tony Bennett after the Donovan era was over? Honestly, is mid-major Mike better than Bennett?

ON a different note, my wife did undergrad at UF and grad school at UVA. She always pulls for them when she can, but she hasn't made a peep about UVA basketball in years. Nice for the Gators to give her something to cheer about.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Handlogten will be at NCAA Tournament

Kevin Brockway

Gainesville Sun

USA TODAY NETWORK

Florida basketball sophomore center Micah Handlogten was within a game of appearing in the first NCAA Tournament of his career.

But a gruesome leg injury early in UF’s SEC championship game against Auburn on Sunday derailed those plans.

The 7-foot-1 Handlogten suffered a compound fracture of his lower left leg and underwent successful surgery Sunday night at Vanderbilt University to repair the injury.

This weekend, Handlogten will be there to support his teammates. Florida coach Todd Golden confirmed Tuesday that Handlogten will make the trip to Indianapolis for the NCAA Tournament opener for the Florida Gators. The 7-seed Gators will face the winner of the 10-seed First Four matchup between Colorado and Boise State on Friday afternoon (4:25 p.m., TBS).

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We beat UVA in the NCAA tourney twice, 2012 71-45 and 2017 65-39

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Weren't there some on here pining for Tony Bennett after the Donovan era was over? Honestly, is mid-major Mike better than Bennett?

ON a different note, my wife did undergrad at UF and grad school at UVA. She always pulls for them when she can, but she hasn't made a peep about UVA basketball in years. Nice for the Gators to give her something to cheer about.
I have said in the past the I believe Bennett is a good coach. It is clear now that he has to change his philosophy if he wants to be successful. Trying to get athletes through admissions at Uva is like trying to get Joe Biden through a spelling bee. That has ALWAYS been their problem in FB and Basketball.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Micah brings toughness and intangibles to the court. Colorado is a big bruising hefty team so he will be sorely missed. They play a physical type of game like TAM where they hit and slap and punch and mug until any fouls are called. In March those don't get called much so we will know early on how the refs are going to call the game. Can never forget when the Bama player elbowed our guy in the head and our guy got called for the foul. We will have to survive that kind of stuff to be able to advance. TOUGH games ahead.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Another stat digger on why Condon > Handlogten

While I agree Condon is slightly better than Micah, we now have a depth issue headed into the tournament. Micah also is one of the best offensive rebounders in the country and you need those 2nd chance points. I'm looking forward to what Condon is going to do. I can see these buys being our next Horford and Noah type guys.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Colorado is a 10 loss team, hardly superstars. Of course they might win, if we are off on our defense, rebounding, FTs, FGs. That's why they play the game.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
EDIT:
Under 3 hours from tip off
Predictor has UF winning 62.6%, but only favored -2.5pts (I have also seen -1.5pt)

LAST 10 GAMES: Gators: 6-4, averaging 86.1 points, 39.0 rebounds, 14.8 assists, 6.3 steals and 5.1 blocks per game while shooting 46.3% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 82.8 points per game.

Buffaloes: 9-1, averaging 76.0 points, 37.8 rebounds, 15.3 assists, 4.9 steals and 1.7 blocks per game while shooting 48.9% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 67.3 points.

Added to OP

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Buffaloes: 9-1, averaging 76.0 points, 37.8 rebounds, 15.3 assists, 4.9 steals and 1.7 blocks per game while shooting 48.9% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 67.3 points.
Have they played a tough schedule in that 10 games? 67.3ppg tell us they play really good defense?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
They play in the PAC12, finished 3rd :dunno:
Lower SOS/PI for Colorado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.