***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Nerdbillies***

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Here's a look at Kyle Trask's numbers through the season.

It's hard to understand why Mullen keeps bringing in Emory Jones.

...wait. Now I see it! Look at Emory's QB Rating for today!

Seriously, Trask is cruising toward a Heisman Trophy and I don't think anything outside of a medical condition (injury or COVID issue) can stop it. No defense is going to stop him. Maybe Bama, but I doubt they stop him either if Pitts is back in play.
Fields threw 2 TDs and 3 picks. It seems to be working out.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Ugly win, which seems to be a common occurrence in Nashville. I would have loved a better performance, but I’m also not reading anything more into this than what’s already known. Defense is a liability. If you’re looking for a positive, it’s that this was a total sleepwalk game, and we still won by 21. Plenty of other years that’s not been the case. No one showed up ready to play their best(except maybe Gamble), we were short handed, and playing a road game at 12:00 against an opponent we never lose to. That’s the sum of it. We can essentially seal Atlanta in 7 days.
If we lose one more and play one fewer games than UGa, each of us with 2 losses, who goes to Atlanta?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If we lose one more and play one fewer games than UGa, each of us with 2 losses, who goes to Atlanta?

As I understand it, if we win next week, we’d have to lose 2 more, and of course they have to be perfect, for them to make it. If they lose tonight(not likely) we are good, and I’ve heard that Lsu doesn’t even happen. Best for the team, not ideal for Trask.

I think we win the next two, and Lsu is canceled.

Last edited:

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
It seems like there could be a schedule scramble to get a lsu/bama game in. SEC doesn't want us playing lsu and giving bama a week off before seccg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don't disagree, but isn't it a funny world we live in today when 38 points is considered pedestrian?:lol:

I don;t know about most, but I am not considering the 38 points pedestrian. I am considering the whole performance in total, pedestrian. It is not the numbers, it is the eyeballs.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
My worry was that if UGa played one more game, they could have the better record, and there would be no tie to break. Of course, if we just win out, why, no worries.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Pretty flat performance today. The defense was bad as usual and on offense I felt like we were bored as hell to be honest. For whatever reason, we always struggle again Vandy. Don't read too much into the game today. The offense will be fine and the defense will continue to be below average. That's just the way it is. It's still a fun team to watch on offense and we should give Alabama at least a decent game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My worry was that if UGa played one more game, they could have the better record, and there would be no tie to break. Of course, if we just win out, why, no worries.

They won’t have one more game though. That’s why Lsu is expendable. If we need to play it to decide the East we will. If not, we likely won’t. Either way, it will be equal footing.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
I don;t know about most, but I am not considering the 38 points pedestrian. I am considering the whole performance in total, pedestrian. It is not the numbers, it is the eyeballs.

When we got rid of butters, and got mullen, I was excited that maybe we could start getting some 1st downs. Now we score 38 and we're pissed. And yes I wanted 70

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We got the win but boy was the defense ugly at times. I'm convinced our DBs are afraid to tackle. Shawn Davis whiffed at least 4 times today when he could've had a stop for no gain or short of the first down on almost every occasion.

Each week, Davis is looking more and more Stiner-esque, with his inability to do anything positive on the field.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
They won’t have one more game though. That’s why Lsu is expendable. If we need to play it to decide the East we will. If not, we likely won’t. Either way, it will be equal footing.
Unless we miss another game and there is no time to make it up??

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Unless we miss another game and there is no time to make it up??

Speaking from pure logic, no source to confirm, I would imagine that since the next two games are East games, if one got delayed it would be played in lieu of Lsu. A team undefeated in their division and down a game due to COVID would have to get the nod. Again though, just speculating.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Each week, Davis is looking more and more Stiner-esque, with his inability to do anything positive on the field.

I like Davis in coverage usually, but his tackling is horrendous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator