***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Gators vs Vols***

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Original “I Hate Tennessee” video was made in 2007. Nine years later the dude still hated Tennessee and it would be no surprise if he did so today.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Got some friends with fairly close ties to Corndog, another one’s wife is on their med staff. They all seem to think if Ogre drops 2 before us, especially if they get embarrassed by UK, then we won’t see him on the sideline. Don’t know if I believe it, just the rumor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They all seem to think if Ogre drops 2 before us, especially if they get embarrassed by UK, then we won’t see him on the sideline..
that's really a bad move by them. he's the best kind of idiot, and idiot who knows he's an idiot. at least he isn't out there trying to dominate the coordinators and impose his bill of stupid offense or something.

Hire the guy good coordinators and let him be recruiter in chief. it's not like he's Zooking up both sides of the ball by butting in and making the game plan stupid.

Last edited:

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
that's really a bad move by them. he's the best kind of idiot, and idiot who knows he's an idiot. at least he isn't out there trying to dominate the coordinators and impose his bill of stupid offense or something.

It has more to do with the off-field stuff. The losses would just be an excuse. All my hs coaching friends agree he is the best recruiter they have ever seen, including Saban, but his X and O knowledge is worse than most at the high school level.
There is a good reason you don’t hear of many Rhodes Scholars coming out of South LA.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Hire the guy good coordinators and let him be recruiter in chief. it's not like he's Zooking up both sides of the ball by butting in and making the game plan stupid.
His last two classes were both #4 and they are currently sitting at #9. You’re right about him having the recruiter in chief part down.

It never ceases to amaze me how fast ones star can fade as an SEC head coach. Two years ago he won a Natty; last year was crazy because of Covid and they had a very high number of opt outs. This season he lost a close road game to a decent team and beat up on a couple of patsies and is now on the hot seat. Crazy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His last two classes were both #4 and they are currently sitting at #9. You’re right about him having the recruiter in chief part down.

It never ceases to amaze me how fast ones star can fade as an SEC head coach. Two years ago he won a Natty; last year was crazy because of Covid and they had a very high number of opt outs. This season he lost a close road game to a decent team and beat up on a couple of patsies and is now on the hot seat. Crazy.

got beat on a week, where his team was displaced due to hurricane and travelled across country.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Everyone knows the Natty had nothing to do with him. In fact, I have it on good authority that the school didn't even give him a championship ring - they gave one to everyone else, including the effing janitor. He wasn't happy, but with his bloated contract he sure as hell wasn't going to rock the boat.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He won a NC about like Chizik won a NC, which is to say they didnt get in the way of Malzahn or Joe Brady scoring a **** ton of points.

Look what Joe Brady is doing with Jets garbage at quarterback this season. Was really solid with Teddy Bridgewater both with the Panthers (2020), and now Darnold looks like an NFL quarterback. He knows how to call an offense and develop players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look what Joe Brady is doing with Jets garbage at quarterback this season. Was really solid with Teddy Bridgewater both with the Panthers (2020), and now Darnold looks like an NFL quarterback. He knows how to call an offense and develop players.
I'd love to give him a test drive but I'm sure LSU is going to throw the bank at him first.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember after the game, Mac didn't even seem excited? He was pissed Franks improvised and didn't follow the play book to hit the short pass to give his man crush Eddie a change at a 65 yard FG. :)
That was the game I left the McElwain train. When he failed to call TO as the clock ran down, I said he was going to get fired. If we went to OT with Tennessee that day, we lose the game. Our D was worn out.

emr25

Nov 18, 2015
Anyone need tickets? I have (4) in Section 13 at face value ($130 each).

Can’t make the usual same day round trip into town for a night game with two young kids.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That was the game I left the McElwain train. When he failed to call TO as the clock ran down, I said he was going to get fired. If we went to OT with Tennessee that day, we lose the game. Our D was worn out.

You never want to play OT if the other has been on a fierce comeback. His whole approach was ridiculous, especially considering we'd only scored one offensive TD the whole game.

That whole week had been an embarrassment. Pretty sure that was the game his BBQ sauce was introduced. And it was definitely the week he played the "hurricane" card in interviews, talking about players losing their loved ones which didn't even happen. And of course all of this in his vintage cracking, on the verge of tears voice. I'd been off the train for a while, but that was the week I started hating the guy.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
First posted here Sep 21, 2015. Except for daughter #1 having graduated, and my moving to CO 2+ years ago, pretty much the rest is as true today as ever.
---

Let me share with you why I hate UT.

I am a lifelong Gator fan. I moved to Florida when I was 4, and was immediately enamored with anything UF. When I graduated from UF in 1991, my first job took me out of the state, and my climb up the career ladder had me move to Tennessee in 1996. I expected it to be a 2 year stint.

19 years later, I am still here. This is where I bought a home, the only one my family has known. We live in a great town, suburb of Nashville with good neighborhoods and great schools, good enough to get my oldest daughter into UF. She is a freshman this year. It's really almost perfect.

Listen...my hatred for Clown College and Leghumper U is appropriately at a level so deep, so dark, that you would never speak of it at cocktail parties. Women and children weep. But living here for 19 years has elevated my hatred for UT to similar levels, despite the dominance we've had for most of my years here. Why?

First, that f*cking orange. It's everywhere. Shirts. Hats. Trucks. Hair. Signs. It's just hideous- the putrid, pumpkin shade of orange you only see in those little 4-pack of waxy, useless crayons made in Korea that kids get at sh!tty restaurants. I drive 10 miles to Lowes instead of 1/2 mile to Home Depot just to avoid that.f*cking.orange.

Next, their fans are morons. Not garden variety idiots mind you, but the fat, ugly, smelly, truck-stop hat wearing, cross-eyed, yellow-toothed, spittle when they talk mentally-defective imbeciles. They usually have sh!t all over their face when they eat. The men wear overalls, and the women muumuus. They talk sh!t all year, convinced that this is the year when it turns around to their former glory. I've been flipped off, honked at, and yelled at (in an unintelligible string of grunts) for having a gator plate on my car.

But finally... and really the reason bigger than all others...

That f*cking song.

They play it everywhere. EVERYWHERE! At the grocery store, in the elevators, at the high school games, in the parades, at funerals. It's nails on a chalkboard. You'd think it was the gap-tooth national anthem. The hillbillies stand at attention, with their crossed-eyes staring off in space like a dog hearing a high pitch whistle. I hate that f*cking song. When it comes on, my wife hides all sharp objects for fear that I will jam them into my head in an attempt to burst my eardrums.

My only salvation has been the winning streak that, each year, makes these half-witted prairie dogs go back into their holes to lick their wounds. I need 3 more years. When daughter #2 graduates, we are putting this place in our rear view mirror, never to return. Not because of our town (we will miss it), or our friends (from Vandy), or our home we came to love. No, it's because of that song.

That f*cking song.

I am coming down Saturday for the game, and will leave without a voice, which I'll leave in the stands. If I hear any hint of "that song", hide the pencils.

Go Gators.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to give him a test drive but I'm sure LSU is going to throw the bank at him first.

555e62c3ab889e2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.