Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Las Vegas Bowl - UF vs Oregon State***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How is Douglas a starter? Certainly any one of those other guys can catch better than him

He’s a true freshman and was really solid until the game against fsu. Just a bad night. I think the idea is having someone to stretch the field. Fraziars is good WR, but he and Weston can’t do that. I actually thought I heard Fraziars was done for the year. So he may not be 100% either.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s a true freshman and was really solid until the game against fsu. Just a bad night. I think the idea is having someone to stretch the field. Fraziars is good WR, but he and Weston can’t do that. I actually thought I heard Fraziars was done for the year. So he may not be 100% either.
Really solid where? On the bench? :lol:

Never even heard his name til he was dropping every pass

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He played well against EWash and had some nice catches against Usce and A&M. Three TDs for the year. Not terrible.
I may have missed some of those.....and shouldn't everyone play well against EWash?

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The OL looks to be good. We should be able to run.

I'm actually concerned about the O-line as there are very few backups at the Guard and Tackle position. If one of either position, or either side, go down then there is no backup for the other position or side. And if they need to be rotated then they will be exhausted should our offense sustain long drives.
1671116419134.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I may have missed some of those.....and shouldn't everyone play well against EWash?

Yes. That’s why I mentioned the other two games. By the way, he is in a four-way tie for second place in touchdown receptions for the season at two. Again, as a Freshman, not terrible. And double the receptions and TDs than the guy behind him(Fraziars) which is why he’s starting over him.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I like Douglas, he made some great catches. And he goofed some, he's a freshman.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Starters
3 Freshman, 5 Sophs on O. 8 underclass, 3 upper
8 soph on D. 8 underclass, 3 upper

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I like Douglas, he made some great catches. And he goofed some, he's a freshman.
That inexcusable drop he made at the end of the FSU game, which effectively ended it, was outrageous. I kicked my shoes across the room. Don't care if he ever plays again.

Good God, the game is on the line. Make an effing play.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
One play here or there in our games didn't make us 6-6. It was a team effort.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
couple of plays here or there and we would have been 9-3 :whistle:
And that is the frustration Gator Nation has with Napier. We could have been 3-9 or 10-2. Napier is so strategic/system driven (IMO) he sacrificed games in order to build for the future.

Again (IMO) This is what gave us so many in the Portal. However, if this is the case, he'll be on thin ice next year w/o significant improvements.

That said, I'm still happy with the hire and that can change...But I doubt it. If our "D" is only 50% better (Ranked 50 or better Nationally) and our QB is more consistent with this OL and our RBs we go 9-11 wins or better.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
And that is the frustration Gator Nation has with Napier. We could have been 3-9 or 10-2. Napier is so strategic/system driven (IMO) he sacrificed games in order to build for the future.
This is how I'm rationalizing the season.

#1 milestone in the rationalized "strategy" is ESD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator