Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Orange vs. Blue***

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is gone so Wright getting a majority of the snaps simply because he has been here longer is done.

The best players will play. I don't think Johnson can be given major minutes if the two 5* RBs beat him out. I'm sure Napier explained that to him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Best players should play, regardless. Lingard is a R-Sr., Wright a R-Jr. Bowman and Johnson both Sophs. Johnson might would have to wait a bit if Lingard and Bowman are legit. Johnson is probably looking at being with Napier, UF, and he'll get a shot.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think they all play. Wright, and maybe others, has proven he can consistently catch the ball which is more than some of our receivers have done. I'd be catching extra passes after practice if I was any of them.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I think they all play. Wright, and maybe others, has proven he can consistently catch the ball which is more than some of our receivers have done. I'd be catching extra passes after practice if I was any of them.
Agree. I see Wright getting moved to a slot position. Maybe he becomes a part of sideways offense. Not saying that should be the offense, just a wrinkle.

Or maybe he returns punts like Brandon James.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Try our players at any attack position where they show success.
Who knows what talents show up where.? I certainly don't. :cool:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Practice notes:

1. Kamari Wilson finally saw the field but in limited action. He has been out with a hamstring injury.

2. We won't really know anything until the fall as they keep rotating the WRs. Right now, Henderson and Shorter are running with the 1s with Fraziers and Reynolds backing them up. Whittemore and Kahliel Jackson are 3rd team. Whittemore is 3rd team because he has been out.

3. I find this hard to believe, but quick and Justin Shorter were used in the same sentence. I'll believe it when I see it. After him and Xavier, there is no quickness at all. Based on the WR recruiting, this is being addressed. It won't be fixed this season.

4. As everyone else has mentioned, Lingard is clearly the number 1 guy. Like Tom Coughlin did with Tiki Barber, apparently all Lingard needed was a small adjustment technique wise. CBN wondered why the previous staff didn't fix such an easily fixable problem.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
3. I find this hard to believe, but quick and Justin Shorter were used in the same sentence. I'll believe it when I see it. After him and Xavier, there is no quickness at all. Based on the WR recruiting, this is being addressed. It won't be fixed this season.

He looks like he lost some weight and worked his butt off in the off season.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Bowman and Montrell Johnson in non contact jerseys today.

Zanders is supposedly not dropping anything and making impressive catches regularly. (Is this sunshine pumping or actual reporting?)

Waites got a lot of praise today.

Devon Moore back to full participation in practice today.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Jacob_Rudner: Asked about the no water break rule during team lifts, Kingsley Eguakun laughed and said he “hates it.”

“I hope [@coachmhocke] sees this, I hate it. I’m throwing up some weight and I could use a little drink.”

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Jacob_Rudner: Asked about the no water break rule during team lifts, Kingsley Eguakun laughed and said he “hates it.”

“I hope [@coachmhocke] sees this, I hate it. I’m throwing up some weight and I could use a little drink.”
Is this Army training?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He looks like he lost some weight and worked his butt off in the off season.

Lingard looks ready for a shot. The podcast on Gators Breakdown was giving him props on the offense analysis they did. I blame him not getting on the field last season on of course Dypshyt Dan and possibly the knee just wasn't ready. But I will defer to the first reason.

I think RB and OL will be a pleasant surprise for us this year.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jame Bates knows how to sale a tee shirt
Is it just me or is this dog cross-eyed
Cool shirts

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zanders is supposedly not dropping anything and making impressive catches regularly. (Is this sunshine pumping or actual reporting?).
If that's the case we found ourselves a big TE that can catch and is comfortable in the trenches as well.
FJTzMt8.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator