Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Arkansas***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We made defensive adjustments against Utah and the vols after opening drives. Hopefully we can do the same.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We made defensive adjustments against Utah and the vols after opening drives. Hopefully we can do the same.
Wonder why we didn't make any defensive adjustments against Kentucky?
Or, even.....er....um......Never mind.

I'm very, very worried about this game. I think, Arkansas is better than South Carolina.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I'm very, very worried about this game. I think, Arkansas is better than South Carolina.
No they’re not. Rattler is 5x the QB Arky’s is.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, I left off Uk for a reason. They just seemed to be a bad matchup for us, and we didn’t respond when they punched us. In the case of last Saturday, I don’t think any adjustments were going to be the difference.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, I left off Uk for a reason. They just seemed to be a bad matchup for us, and we didn’t respond when they punched us. In the case of last Saturday, I don’t think any adjustments were going to be the difference.
Same scenario though, Last week I mean. Not to get into that debacle again, but, we didn't respond when we got punched in the mouth. A recurring theme actually.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Same scenario though, Last week I mean. Not to get into that debacle again, but, we didn't respond when we got punched in the mouth. A recurring theme actually.

But where I do think it’s different is theoretically, we could have potentially schemed our way into a win in Lexington. I am personally of the opinion that the team last week is simply too much for us talent wise and adjustments, while maybe encouraging, were still futile.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lot more to a team than just a QB.
SC doesn't have a line, Arkansas does, on both sides of the ball.
Arkansas may have the worst offense line in the conference this year. They have been awful. There is a reason why SEC Shorts jokingly portrayed the Arkansas O-line's Halloween costume as nothing but air.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Arkansas may have the worst offense line in the conference this year. They have been awful. There is a reason why SEC Shorts jokingly portrayed the Arkansas O-line's Halloween costume as nothing but air.
Statistically, they're dead last in the SEC on offense.
However, they're 5th on defense in the SEC.
Just behind Tennessee and Bama and 1 spot better than us. They actually are Better than Bama against the run.

6th best team for special teams.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
But where I do think it’s different is theoretically, we could have potentially schemed our way into a win in Lexington. I am personally of the opinion that the team last week is simply too much for us talent wise and adjustments, while maybe encouraging, were still futile.
If we could have out schemed Kentucky, and I agree with you, why didn't we? You and I both know the answer to that. No reason to get into it.

Agree on Ga., But, the fact is we folded. Chose to NOT compete.
Why was that?

Again, we both know the answer.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not concerned about their offense. In fact I predict they will throw at least 1 int against us.
Their defense looks better though, and probably why they kept some of those games closer, plus people underestimating them.

Having said that, we win by 2 tds :grin:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Can’t believe all these terrible starters on OL and DB are still going to start.

It’s getting near to impossible to take this staff seriously, and I’ve tried.

Gators Breakdown noted there has been ZERO improvement on defense since last season, or over the course of this one. Statistically, our SEC opponents have moved the ball as well as FSU does week in and week out.

Maybe we squeak it out at the swamp and get bowl eligible but the only benefit will be another two weeks of practice. However, with a poor coaching staff that isn’t proving it can develop players what difference would it make?

With James out I’m not sure we get the result.

If there is no extreme house cleaning in the off-season there is no chance Billy makes it through ‘25. Start with S and C. We’re soft everywhere on the field.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Hopefully the softness is youth. No strength next year and clearly staff. Time to revisit last year’s coaching vs players ;)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How in the world is George still starting? What does he have to do to get sent to the sidelines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator