***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Ass Sniffers***

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
No, and I was always a big fan of Rex.
But Rex was a guaranteed turnover when he didn't have the running game at his disposal.
Just look at Auburn and Tennessee in 01 when we didn't have Earnest Graham.
Rex was a great QB for us, but he played for Spurrier and made bad some bad decisions under pressure.
Trask occasionally makes some bad decisions but he he finds a way to keep the drive going--and Trask doesn't have nearly the talent around him.
Trask is the best QB since Wuerffel; he's by by far the best QB we've had since 96.
This is the best offense that we've had since 96; it's too bad that we don't have the defense to go along with it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was pretty much the worst start to football game we could have had, and it was against the top five team who has had our number the last 3 years. Mullen absolutely deserves the credit for not only keeping us in the game but later putting it out of reach. Yes, there's a lot of things they can still improve and this uga team is down compared to previous years, but Mullen is expected to win these types of games. And he did. I hope they build off of this momentum and continue to improve.

Also, I hope Pitts is alright. His presence elevates the offense from good to practically unstoppable. His presence will be needed if we're going to have shot at championships and a Heisman. Couple weeks ago, I thought that was impossible. Now we control our own destiny with what appears to be one of the better offenses in school history.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I get the “sideways offense” and running QB concerns with Mullen. However, Mullen designs his offense around his talent and seems to be successful with a pass first QB. I wonder if Mullen will revert to his Dak/Tebow like offense once Trask is gone or if he will start to rethink his approach and start to look for more of a drop back offense which has been successful.

Well, you sort of answered your own question. If Mullen "designs his offense around his talent" he will either revert back to the Dak/Tebow offense or keep the Trask offense, depends on the talent, right? I say we see more Dak/Tebow because none of our QBs (except maybe Kitna) are "Trask" types.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I've said that Trask is the best QB that we've had since Danny, and that Trask reminds me a lot of Danny.
I took some heat but I think there is really no question now.
But Trask isn't playing for Spurrier, and doesn't have the genius of Spurrier as an offensive mind nor the o line and surrounding talent; and this offense doesn't have the talent on defense like we've been so accustomed to dealing with--and depending on in past situations.
Kyle Trask is absolutely, without a doubt, the best QB that we've had the pleasure to witness since Danny Wuerffel.
And there's no doubt about it.
Nope

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don’t give a rip about who was injured and who wasn’t; we won, they lost. That’s how it will go down in the record books and that’s good enough for me.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Well, you sort of answered your own question. If Mullen "designs his offense around his talent" he will either revert back to the Dak/Tebow offense or keep the Trask offense, depends on the talent, right? I say we see more Dak/Tebow because none of our QBs (except maybe Kitna) are "Trask" types.
You are right. I’m wondering if QB recruiting and scheme will/could change to more of a pure “drop back” with an occasional run as opposed to an emphasis on a “running” QB. When Mullen and Meyer accepted who Leak was they changed the offense to his ability with success. I’m wondering if Mullen’s best coaching and play calling is actually better with a QB like Leak or Trask as opposed to Dak/Tebow. Mullen might prefer the Tebow/Dak QB but may actually be better suited, as a coach, with a Trask/Leak QB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You are right. I’m wondering if QB recruiting and scheme will/could change to more of a pure “drop back” with an occasional run as opposed to an emphasis on a “running” QB. When Mullen and Meyer accepted who Leak was they changed the offense to his ability with success. I’m wondering if Mullen’s best coaching and play calling is actually better with a QB like Leak or Trask as opposed to Dak/Tebow. Mullen might prefer the Tebow/Dak QB but may actually be better suited, as a coach, with a Trask/Leak QB.

Well....look at the roster. The roster says "more Tebow/Dak". Unless EJ or AR are all of a sudden passing threats, we'll be seeing more Tebow/Dak QB play (which isn't bad, by any means). I think Del Rio is a better (HS) passer than both EJ and AR, and Kitna is a pro-style who can run when needed. But both CDR and Kitna will be true freshman. I think EJ starts next year, but he's fragile (if they're going keep running him) so we'll see AR as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously Emory Jones is gonna be the guy next year and we'll see more running. Even though I think he can sling it too. But I would imagine they took the Kitna kid because of how well things have gone with trask. And Kitna looks like a stud BTW.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Well....look at the roster. The roster says "more Tebow/Dak". Unless EJ or AR are all of a sudden passing threats, we'll be seeing more Tebow/Dak QB play (which isn't bad, by any means). I think Del Rio is a better (HS) passer than both EJ and AR, and Kitna is a pro-style who can run when needed. But both CDR and Kitna will be true freshman. I think EJ starts next year, but he's fragile (if they're going keep running him) so we'll see AR as well.
Right again. I guess I’m more curious if a coach can change his approach long term or just stick with his long held scheme/approach/style. We’ve all seen coaches that have a style and stick with it for 20 years because that’s what they believe works best. Saban has adjusted and embraced the evolving game like few have, and I wonder if Mullen would do the same or forever stay with his “ideal” style and scheme. It’s not a criticism as much as it is curiosity.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Obviously Emory Jones is gonna be the guy next year and we'll see more running. Even though I think he can sling it too. But I would imagine they took the Kitna kid because of how well things have gone with trask. And Kitna looks like a stud BTW.
Is Kitna a fit or a fall back if EJ, Richardson or Del Rio don’t quite work? Seems like an odd recruit compared to the strengths of our other QBs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is Kitna a fit or a fall back if EJ, Richardson or Del Rio don’t quite work? Seems like an odd recruit compared to the strengths of our other QBs.
EJ is 100percent the man next year. So I know he's not a fall back for him. But Richardson and Delrio aren't locks to proceed jones, I can guarantee that. They probably just wanted another pure pocket guy to develop.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even Gary Danielson who knows very little about x's and o's even said Davis tried to confuse a shytty QB that he ended up confusing himself and gave a shytty QB just an easy TD throw on a 3rd and long it was laughable. .
Come on, man.

Danielson was an allpro QB. He's forgotten more football than all of us combined.

I don't even know what play you guys are talking about, but Grantham's stupid, triple disguised defenses ARE a huge part of our problems.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EJ is 100percent the man next year. So I know he's not a fall back for him. But Richardson and Delrio aren't locks to proceed jones.
I guarantee you the next most senior QB will succeed EJ.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even Gary Danielson who knows very little about x's and o's even said Davis tried to confuse a shytty QB that he ended up confusing himself and gave a shytty QB just an easy TD throw on a 3rd and long it was laughable. .
Come on, man.

Danielson was an allpro QB. He's forgotten more football than all of us combined.

I don't even know what play you guys are talking about, but Grantham's stupid, triple disguised defenses ARE a huge part of our problems.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I see some comments here about how the O stopped working once Pitts left the game. I kinda disagree with that notion. I thought losing a couple OL on one side of the ball had a much more damaging effect. The run game stopped and Trask's time in the pocket was impacted. On that note, our OL had a hell of a game. And on that note, our DL did too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.