***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Ass Sniffers***

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've said that Trask is the best QB that we've had since Danny, and that Trask reminds me a lot of Danny.
I took some heat but I think there is really no question now.
But Trask isn't playing for Spurrier, and doesn't have the genius of Spurrier as an offensive mind nor the o line and surrounding talent; and this offense doesn't have the talent on defense like we've been so accustomed to dealing with--and depending on in past situations.
Kyle Trask is absolutely, without a doubt, the best QB that we've had the pleasure to witness since Danny Wuerffel.
And there's no doubt about it.
Trask has been great but I think Rex was the best pure QB we've had.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
upload_2020-11-7_21-45-36.gif

I feel the same way. I’m trying not to be over confident but I really feel good about this game.
But I disagree when you say we can’t start out slow. My confidence is mainly tied to the fact that I think their offense stinks. Even their vaunted running game isn’t as potent as years past. We could not score the first half and I’d still be confident. Then compound that with the injuries and I almost feel sad for them. Almost.

Pretty good take.

The University of Florida will never beat UGA while Dan Mullen is the coach of this team. Period.

Not as good a take.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, 51 yd. field goal! Seems we're firing on all cylinders today.

I am doing the happy dance over the score, AND the first game on this gigantic new TV we bought.

Did we really used to love football this much when the TV's were small?

It’s hard to believe that we would watch college football all day on a 25’ TV compared to what we look at today

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@thebricegreen: Kirby Smart is now 0-7 since 2017 against teams that rank in the top ten of 247's Talent Composite. Average loss margin of 17 points in those games.

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
Commentary here was consistent from beginning to end. Panic and criticism of players and coaches throughout.

We know that Georgia is one of the most dominant teams in the nation....because we read it here. We know Bangs is an incredible coach....because we read it here. We know that Bangs has amassed possibly the greatest collection of talent on the trail....because we read it here. And of course we know Mullen is significantly less talented than Bangs....because we read it hear.

Yet...we completely dominated them on both sides of the ball as we rolled to a 41-7 run. 41-7. Yes 41-7.

Mullen completely outcoached Bangs. Out schemed him. Made him look like a Pop Warner coach. Coaching matters.

We didn’t just beat them. We beat their azz.

Mullen had his team better prepared...more focused....hungrier. We were more motivated and more inspired.

Next to their own message board there is nowhere else where Kirby Bangs is more respected or held in higher esteem than right here. I hope that this exposes Bangs as the mediocre coach he is. Nice guy, loves his kids....can’t coach a lick.

Well, who put a frag up your azz?

Fred

Nov 27, 2017
I understand attacking the enemy when they are down but you don't drag your squad's moral down after a victory. R&R tonight baby, you can start b!tching tomorrow.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The new narrative of how we wouldn’t be quite as good if we removed our top 2 players is interesting. I’m pretty sure I agree. Of course that would be the case for just about every team. That’s how it works.

Mullen had a great game plan and his team executed it well. Mullen managed the game well and was always one step ahead of the beloved Kirby Bangs. We completed passes to 10 Different players which is more than Georgia completed in total. We threw TD passes to 4 different players with only 1 to Pitts. Mullen was playing chess out there.

DM may suck next game But I’m not giving Bangs an ounce of credit for anything. He got owned by the Gator coaches today. Richt 2.0.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

“Butters gift?” How much credit does Mullen get for developing a Butters reach into a likely first rounder and Heisman contender? Where is Trask developmentally if he was still under Nuss & Butters?

And does Mullen get any credit for retaining Pitts in his transition class?

Mullen gets credit for his success in the x-fer market, too. Shorter, Grimes, Cox, Delance, Reese all made a difference tonight.

I think Mullen has vastly restored the program in many ways. His schemes, player development and roster management (recruiting+transfers) are all better than we’ve had since Meyer. The team’s culture looks really good too, the best since 1996? And he has revamped his offensive philosophy around Trask’s skills. That’s great coaching.

All of that may amount to an Earl Bruce-type result: Good, maybe very good, but never great. He’s still moving in the right direction. We’ll see where it goes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Stat of the night:

UF's RBs: 10 catches for 211 yards.

It seems like UGA's DC treated our RB's like Grantham treated their TE's the last two years!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Schmucko post of this thread. Mullen did a really nice job after those first few possessions. He got it, and I didn’t see it.

Also, I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but ****uga,
the Bennett family and Kirby smart every way possible. He’s such a garbage fag and we out coached and outplayed his talent today which tells me that when chips are similar our guy wins. Deal with it tonight you raging homo. You missed your chance.

Sometime I just love soflagator :grouphug:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Cubby Bangs has an excuse for his team's performance tonight. He had to split his time between coaching and advising State of Georgia Election Commission on how to properly count votes.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
I get the “sideways offense” and running QB concerns with Mullen. However, Mullen designs his offense around his talent and seems to be successful with a pass first QB. I wonder if Mullen will revert to his Dak/Tebow like offense once Trask is gone or if he will start to rethink his approach and start to look for more of a drop back offense which has been successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.