***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Auburn***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This game is a hard one to guess. Auburn has one of the best D lines out there but their offense isn't that impressive. If we win the turnover battle we should win probably.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think of The Barn in the Swamp two games come to mind:

1986 - Kerwin on one leg and the comeback and the run for 2.....

1990 - Spurrier's first season. We got embarrassed at then #5 UT on national TV 45-3. Two weeks later, #4 ranked AU, then 6-0-1 (they had tied UT at Jordan-Hare), came into town. National TV on ESPN primetime again. Statement win that basically told the nation that we were going to kick some major ass by blowing people out with SOS calling the shots.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Auburn has one of the best D lines out there but their offense isn't that impressive

Opponent quality has differed, but Florida has given up less yards per play, TD’s and total yards per game than Auburn and LSU.

Espn’s efficiency ratings have Barn 10th defensively, UF 14th and LSU 35th.

Football outsiders doesn’t bother publishing until week 7 when there is enough data.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Uniform for the game?

Not this week.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Uniform for the game?

I like the concept and look. But I prefer the standard F helmet as opposed to the more 70s style. And as much as I always rant about our blue being too light recently, I’m not sure this is the best game to go with what appears to be a darker blue. To me, it almost looks like Aub’s home jerseys.

Still a fan though.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Auburn is too important, keep it traditional and all game rituals the same as possible unless Nike donates10 million or so to football facilities immediately.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can't really see the helmet, but with 60's retro uniforms, this should be the helmet, circa 1964-1965...

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think of The Barn in the Swamp two games come to mind:

1986 - Kerwin on one leg and the comeback and the run for 2.....

1990 - Spurrier's first season. We got embarrassed at then #5 UT on national TV 45-3. Two weeks later, #4 ranked AU, then 6-0-1 (they had tied UT at Jordan-Hare), came into town. National TV on ESPN primetime again. Statement win that basically told the nation that we were going to kick some major ass by blowing people out with SOS calling the shots.

2 things I noticed at the start of the second video

1. Gary Danielson doing the color. Didn't realize he had been around at that point in time
2. Apparently John Brantley and Treon Harris were just doing their best Shane Matthews impressions. 1st play is a batted ball that Shane catches for -12 yards

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2. Apparently John Brantley and Treon Harris were just doing their best Shane Matthews impressions. 1st play is a batted ball that Shane catches for -12 yards
The problem is you never know for sure when the morons are going to call it live.

Leak's arm was CLEARLY going forward on that "fumble" vs Barn but the refs, even the replay ref, DGAF. The can fvkk up that badly on a batted ball also.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The problem is you never know for sure when the morons are going to call it live.

Leak's arm was CLEARLY going forward on that "fumble" vs Barn but the refs, even the replay ref, DGAF. The can fvkk up that badly on a batted ball also.
Yep, it was a pass. I have always thought that the refs called it a fumble because Chris looked so pathetically helpless back there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.