***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Aww Sniggity Snaps!***

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I agree, Bama isn’t invincible. But opponents must play their best game to beat them because their talent and preparation enables them to pressure every spot on every play. Which team do you expect to make fewer mistakes?

The odds are that they will win most of those matchups most of the time. Jones is really good. Harris is great. They lost Waddle but still have talented WRs. Their TE will burn us as all TEs do. Their defense hasn’t been as dominant as prior years but may be coming around.

It shapes up similar to last year’s LSU game to me, a shootout we can win with a few stops if we can minimize mistakes. If we get a few breaks we can really capitalize. If they get get them, that could snowball on us but we have the capacity to come back and score.

But let’s beat Ut first.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Florida's Jekyll and Hyde way of playing games is what gets me, Fl. football is like a box of candy and turds mixed together, you never know which one your getting until you hike the ball.
If The mighty Gators can figure out how to get rid of the turds they can beat anyone including Al-ah-bammer.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Some of you should step away from the TV a little. Have any of you actually watched a Bama game this year? Serious question.
Funny how everybody’s drinking the Bama koolaid. They are a great team as always, but they aren’t nearly as good as everyone thinks they are. Everybody keeps expecting us to be Alabama. We’re not like them. Their offense is predicated on running the ball and explosive, downfield plays. We don’t possess the ability to run and we have more of a possession offense. So there’s an illusion there that they are better because when they score it’s shinier.

And since some of you can’t seem to understand football, let’s examine a common opponent. And we’ve both played Kentucky in consecutive weeks. So that’s a logical starting point.
Alabama won 63-3
Mac Jones threw for 230yds 2td 1 Int
Najee Harris ran for 83 yds and 2tds
Devonta Smith had 9rec for 144 yds 2td

Florida won 34-10
Kyle Trask threw for 256yds 3tds
Dameon Pierce had 6car for 67 yds
Kyle Pitts had 5rec for 99yds and 3tds

As you can see both offenses were rather pedestrian. And pretty much spells out what I said above. It’s different styles with roughly equal production. One just has a flashy brand name.

Now the most glaring difference in the teams is probably on defense. But again, if you’d had watched their game against UK you’d know that UK should have scored touchdowns on its first 3 drives. Yesterday against Auburn with the score 14-3 Bama, Bo Nix hit Seth Williams in stride for an easy touchdown that he dropped that may have changed the game. Point being they’ve been really fortunate. They aren’t dominating the way ESPN would have you believe.

Last point, this game will be nothing like the last couple times. I’m not predicting a win, but they won’t blow us out. Some of you have PTSD from the last 10 years, but it’s ok to relax. We’re not that team anymore. And the defense isn’t as bad as everyone’s making it out to be. They haven’t put together a complete game, or even gotten close to this point, but we’ve seen stretches of dominant defense. Which is a major improvement over the first several games. I’ve also noticed quite a few less WRs running wide open lately. We’re not a perfect team, but we’re damn good. Alabama maybe the only team in the country that would be favored to beat us right now yet you Sad Sally’s are still complaining. At worst we’re re one of the best 5 teams in the country. I’d like to see how the season plays out. We all know TG’s defense blows. Even with that horrible defense I’d pick us to beat Clemson, Ohio State or Notre Dame right now on a neutral field. That won’t matter if we can’t beat Bama, but if we don’t no one will.

Bama, Clemson, and OSU would be favored to beat us. Maybe ND would be considered a toss up, but I could see us as a slight favorite in that one.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I agree, Bama isn’t invincible. But opponents must play their best game to beat them because their talent and preparation enables them to pressure every spot on every play. Which team do you expect to make fewer mistakes?

The odds are that they will win most of those matchups most of the time. Jones is really good. Harris is great. They lost Waddle but still have talented WRs. Their TE will burn us as all TEs do. Their defense hasn’t been as dominant as prior years but may be coming around.

It shapes up similar to last year’s LSU game to me, a shootout we can win with a few stops if we can minimize mistakes. If we get a few breaks we can really capitalize. If they get get them, that could snowball on us but we have the capacity to come back and score.

But let’s beat Ut first.

We’re gonna need some gift turnovers from Bama to beat them. Something they rarely do. We’ll put some points up on them at least this time around. Maybe we’ll get lucky and a bunch of their star players will be sidelined with Covid.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you should step away from the TV a little. Have any of you actually watched a Bama game this year? Serious question.
Funny how everybody’s drinking the Bama koolaid. They are a great team as always, but they aren’t nearly as good as everyone thinks they are. Everybody keeps expecting us to be Alabama. We’re not like them. Their offense is predicated on running the ball and explosive, downfield plays. We don’t possess the ability to run and we have more of a possession offense. So there’s an illusion there that they are better because when they score it’s shinier.

And since some of you can’t seem to understand football, let’s examine a common opponent. And we’ve both played Kentucky in consecutive weeks. So that’s a logical starting point.
Alabama won 63-3
Mac Jones threw for 230yds 2td 1 Int
Najee Harris ran for 83 yds and 2tds
Devonta Smith had 9rec for 144 yds 2td

Florida won 34-10
Kyle Trask threw for 256yds 3tds
Dameon Pierce had 6car for 67 yds
Kyle Pitts had 5rec for 99yds and 3tds

As you can see both offenses were rather pedestrian. And pretty much spells out what I said above. It’s different styles with roughly equal production. One just has a flashy brand name.

Now the most glaring difference in the teams is probably on defense. But again, if you’d had watched their game against UK you’d know that UK should have scored touchdowns on its first 3 drives. Yesterday against Auburn with the score 14-3 Bama, Bo Nix hit Seth Williams in stride for an easy touchdown that he dropped that may have changed the game. Point being they’ve been really fortunate. They aren’t dominating the way ESPN would have you believe.

Last point, this game will be nothing like the last couple times. I’m not predicting a win, but they won’t blow us out. Some of you have PTSD from the last 10 years, but it’s ok to relax. We’re not that team anymore. And the defense isn’t as bad as everyone’s making it out to be. They haven’t put together a complete game, or even gotten close to this point, but we’ve seen stretches of dominant defense. Which is a major improvement over the first several games. I’ve also noticed quite a few less WRs running wide open lately. We’re not a perfect team, but we’re damn good. Alabama maybe the only team in the country that would be favored to beat us right now yet you Sad Sally’s are still complaining. At worst we’re re one of the best 5 teams in the country. I’d like to see how the season plays out. We all know TG’s defense blows. Even with that horrible defense I’d pick us to beat Clemson, Ohio State or Notre Dame right now on a neutral field. That won’t matter if we can’t beat Bama, but if we don’t no one will.
128609022_10159809553088274_7987632434895320198_n.jpg

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Bama, Clemson, and OSU would be favored to beat us. Maybe ND would be considered a toss up, but I could see us as a slight favorite in that one.
I highly doubt it. Our problem is that everyone expects us to lose to Alabama so you don’t hear much about our chances against other teams. Let us beat Alabama in the SECCG and I bet the mood around our program changes completely. We’d go in to the playoffs as prohibitive favorites.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I know you’re joking, but I really do want them. One of the most painful losses that I’ve endured was in ‘09 at the hands of Bama. They essentially destroyed our program and became the greatest dynasty all at once. Silently, I’ve been wanting revenge for that game ever since. But I knew we’d be sacrificial lambs the last couple times. But I have a feeling this year we return the favor.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I’m not predicting a win

I have a feeling this year we return the favor.

So which is it?

I actually like your optimism/homerism. You almost made it sound logical when you explained why Bama beating UK by 9 TD's is exactly the same as us beating them by 3:dance:.

Who knows, if we play well enough the next 2 games I might start to believe, but as of now I don't think we can hang within 2 TD of Bama.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Bama is still Bama, oozing with 5 star depth. We are 3.75 star U. Its not about the coaching (well maybe TG) but its about the Jimmies and Joes. Bama has more. Way more. We can win, but it won't be program changing for either program like the '09 game was.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
So which is it?

I actually like your optimism/homerism. You almost made it sound logical when you explained why Bama beating UK by 9 TD's is exactly the same as us beating them by 3:dance:.

Who knows, if we play well enough the next 2 games I might start to believe, but as of now I don't think we can hang within 2 TD of Bama.
Logic tells me we’re pretty close with them.
The homer in me gives me the hunch that we’ll win.

I just believe we have as good a shot as anyone of beating them. But I love the fact that no one is giving us a chance. Not even our own fans. This will always be viewed as the most unlikely season in UF history. 2* QB wins the Heisman and Mullen wins the Natty.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Logic tells me we’re pretty close with them.
The homer in me gives me the hunch that we’ll win.

I just believe we have as good a shot as anyone of beating them. But I love the fact that no one is giving us a chance. Not even our own fans. This will always be viewed as the most unlikely season in UF history. 2* QB wins the Heisman and Mullen wins the Natty.

I think you're a wee bit ahead of yourself, but I'd love to see it happen.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Bama seems more prepared in every part of the game when they play. You may see a glitch or two here any there but not the sort of unpreparedness you see with us. Most of that I feel comes from the coaching staff and the expectations....knowing Saban will be in your ass on the sideline the minute thing look out of sorts, not 8 weeks in and then an eruption like we saw from Mullen with Grantham, but the minute it looks shytty. I get the feeling Dan is mostly a QB coach/OC and he's mediocre as a HBC. This stuff with the secondary is just horrid and has been from the beginning and it should have been addressed after the Ole Miss game and fixed. I can understand that perhaps some of these guys are subpar talent but they can at least lineup and play good fundamentally and they don't even do that, something that has been pointed out time and again and posted in this forum. Hell one guy even talked about Stiner and said he couldn't understand why he is even on the field..that's how bad he is.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The only real reason we have a chance against Bama is Kyle Trask. A great QB solves a number of ills and gives you a chance against anyone.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Saban is a great CEO, but the key is he is totally backed and supported by the President of the university on down. He has support staff for any and everything, funds go to football before any other sport. ATM and ugly are the only other SEC universities close but their CEO's aren't that good. We are Fuched!

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The only real reason we have a chance against Bama is Kyle Trask. A great QB solves a number of ills and gives you a chance against anyone.
If first half vs UGay Dan Mullen shows up in Atlanta, we stand a solid chance. If second half Mullen shows up, we’re fuched and we will lose by 4 tds.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whoa. Is this about my pilot/9-11 comments? Look, I’m just saying, it’s probably a little embarrassing that a couple of uneducated monkeys from the middle east, who had no formal training, were able to master your trade with a 3 week crash-course at a local community college. That’s all. If it offended you, I’m sorry. Wasn’t my intention. You know I think the world of you.

yjbmm.gif

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
If first half vs UGay Dan Mullen shows up in Atlanta, we stand a solid chance. If second half Mullen shows up, we’re fuched and we will lose by 4 tds.
We wouldn’t lose by 4tds with a bad game. We’re not a risk for getting blown out. Chances are higher that we win than for us getting blown out.

I’m confused. Am I watching different games? Look, there’s one thing we can count on this team to do and that’s score points. Any loss this team suffers will come in a shootout. Now the defense is totally capable of giving up more points than we can score. But no one, Bama included, is going to stop this offense.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I’m shocked that I’m on an island with this take. I know most people will fear Bama because of the brand and mystique, but this isn’t yesteryears Alabama. And we’re not yesteryears Gators. Maybe I’m missing something but I’m not seeing where all the Bama love is coming from around here. Seems surreal that I’m trying to convince a Gator message board that we have a chance to win. A damn good chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.