***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Charleston Southern***

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@DarenStoltzfus: CSU doesn’t even use 8500 tickets at home - not surprised they aren’t touching those tickets at the Swamp

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Nope, Nomad is a new & improved product. Hope you post lots to gentile-ize this place. ?You got got a yurt?

Well, yes, I do have a yurt...Hilton...just over that dune behind my left shoulder in Dubai...Lifetime Diamond, thanks for asking, sir.

I am who I am and I make no pretense otherwise, A Pumper of the First Order. Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows is my anthem.

After pert near 40 years globetrotting, living in and among every major culture and country thereof on 6 of 7 continents, I have crystal clear perspective the ad infinitum destitution that abounds across the ponds and south of the border where multi-digit sized families live under trees, in cardboard boxes and whose pure focus in life is to get through the day, and how powerball-odds fortunate I am to carry a US passport, call home in the Land of Hot Water at my beck and call 24x7, in a clime where I wear shorts and sandals 11 months a year (the Siberian Express tain't no myth) as well being born truly free to craft run on sentences like this one.

Last edited:

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
BIG DM fan, I yam. Drinking his G Jumpman Kix Koolaid at breakfast with each New Day. He has firmly embraced these critical Principles of Leadership:

Set the Example - The "lead from the front principle" -->> Running with the team.
Be Technically and Tactically Proficient --> Practiced daily priority for RB's 1) Protect the ball. 2) Protect the QB.
Employ Your Command within its Capabilities in close order. --> Practice/game plan to your personnels' strengths.

In regards to special teams, I found this, circa 2008: Under Meyer, Florida is 15-1 (93.75%) in games that they’ve blocked a punt, field goal or PAT kick.

When the special teams line up, I'll line up on the edge of my seat and pay special attention 'cuz history states when our men impose their will just once, game over but the final score.

Last edited:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
In a different part of the same press conference, Mullen was very positive about CeCe and his work habits. Earlier in the week, CeCe was even quoted as saying the D is "hungry" and possibly a top 10. I agree with the donkey; although Jachai had a great camp, there is not much else you can read into the depth chart for the cs buccaneers.

I'm glad that we have what appears to be quality rotations at some defensive positions. It means both Jachai and CeCe are going to be fresh all game.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
For the first time in over 25 years I can rock a Gatorshirt at work on the day before game day!!!!

Attachments

• 15357252661311563663861.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 89

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
BIG DM fan, I yam. Drinking his G Jumpman Kix Koolaid at breakfast with each New Day. He has firmly embraced these critical Principles of Leadership:

Set the Example - The "lead from the front principle" -->> Running with the team.
Be Technically and Tactically Proficient --> Practiced daily priority for RB's 1) Protect the ball. 2) Protect the QB.
Employ Your Command within its Capabilities in close order. --> Practice/game plan to your personnels' strengths.

In regards to special teams, I found this, circa 2008: Under Meyer, Florida is 15-1 (93.75%) in games that they’ve blocked a punt, field goal or PAT kick.

When the special teams line up, I'll line up on the edge of my seat and pay special attention 'cuz history states when our men impose their will just once, game over but the final score.

Principles of Leadership....USMC style. Most excellent, my friend.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Another Marine?
Crap, do I need to pull out the moleskin, talc, and Motrin?
Freaking Marines. Always hurting themselves.

HMCM, USN (ret)
Thank you for your outstanding service! Particularly in jockstrap duty for us Great Unwashed Jarheads who are G2-couthless to support ourselves, sir!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is exactly the type of game we need to start the season. Destroy a bad team. Get backups lots of playing time. Limit impact of suspensions. Limit injuries to starters by not having them play a lot.

Get a feel good win and work out the kinks in a new offense.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Thank you for your outstanding service! Particularly in jockstrap duty for us Great Unwashed Jarheads who are G2-couthless to support ourselves, sir!
And thank YOU, sir, for your service! It was a pleasure to be the doc with the bad haircut always getting the stink eye from the Gunny!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I am who I am and I make no pretense otherwise, A Pumper of the First Order. Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows is my anthem.
I have found my sage, my mentor and equal........I knew this guy was out there somewhere. Join Boss and I in the chat for some gator adoration sometimes...........we push back the onslaught of gator haters and dumpers............btw Marine1 is our leader in most things gator or common sense.........He has what I call "perspective".

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For a bit of comparison purposes...

McElwain's first game was in 2015 against New Mexico State. We won, 61-13. Quote from the ESPN post-game:

"Still, so many aspects of Florida's opener looked and felt completely different than the four less-than-stellar years under defensive-minded coach Will Muschamp. The offense was crisp and creative, complete with constantly changing personnel groupings as well as a variety of shifts and playmakers."

Muschamp's first game was in 2011 against Florida Atlantic. We won, 41-3. Quote from the ESPN post-game:

"After all, it was a rousing success. John Brantley looked comfortable leading Florida's revamped offense, Chris Rainey scored three different ways and the 22nd-ranked Gators opened the Muschamp era with a 41-3 victory over Florida Atlantic on Saturday night."

Meyer's first game was in 2005 against Wyoming. We won, 32-14. Quote from the ESPN post-game:

"In case you're wondering what the offense should look like, that wasn't it," Meyer said, sounding a little like the Ol' Ball Coach. "We have got a lot of work to do. Chris Leak and the offense has a long way to go."

What does this mean? I don't know. But I wanted to pass it along.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
I have found my sage, my mentor and equal........I knew this guy was out there somewhere. Join Boss and I in the chat for some gator adoration sometimes...........we push back the onslaught of gator haters and dumpers............btw Marine1 is our leader in most things gator or common sense.........He has what I call "perspective".

Much obliged for your kind words and offer, sir. My honor to join y’all. Anyone going to the game?

Happy to meet up, chug swamp swill, swap lies and chuckles to prep for proper “perspective” and readiness for the 1st of 15 OGGA ShyteStorms DM shalt unleash anon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.