Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Charlotte***

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
My biggest concern with Billy is the lack of fire. I could be wrong but I bet his half time discussion was cordial and measured. You don’t have to put your fist through a whiteboard but it would be worthwhile to raise the volume and hold folks accountable. Postgame talking about “saw some good out there” is akin to saying after a loss….”those boys in this locker room are hurting right now”.

This team needs to be forced to watch Swamp Kings every night between games.

We have some talent….we need some fire…

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why does Johnson get so many more
Carries than Etienne? He had a hole 8’feet wide and fell down
ETN is a one cut guy and gets upfield. Johnson tries to dance. I’d like to see Webb get some of Johnson’s carries because he runs so hard.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
My biggest concern with Billy is the lack of fire. I could be wrong but I bet his half time discussion was cordial and measured. You don’t have to put your fist through a whiteboard but it would be worthwhile to raise the volume and hold folks accountable. Postgame talking about “saw some good out there” is akin to saying after a loss….”those boys in this locker room are hurting right now”.

This team needs to be forced to watch Swamp Kings every night between games.

We have some talent….we need some fire…
The ‘06 guys were at the UT game tearing **** up and getting the kids lit. They even forced their way into the lockerroom at the half and got the guys so hyped that BN walked in and thought everyone was celebrating a great first half and wanted to calm it down….

Guess they took the week off this go around…

Get them on the plane to UK Billy!!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
ETN is a one cut guy and gets upfield. Johnson tries to dance. I’d like to see Webb get some of Johnson’s carries because he runs so hard.
Etienne has elite ability to change direction and accelerate. Montrell is a solid all rounder but the gap in raw talent is obvious and Etienne will grow with experience. Johnson seems to have reached his ceiling, Etienne ain’t even close to his….

If this was an effort to use Montrell in pass pro and pad his stats while saving Etienne for the cats then I’m all for it despite the lackluster overall result because we did win and a much bigger test awaits.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I didn’t see the game because I don’t have ESPN+. The final score leaves a lot to be desired.

There were some great games on that I alternated between. LSU/Ark, SC/MSU, OSU/ND & even the Mizzou/Memphis games were all very entertaining. I got some quality couch lounging & channel surfing today.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We are out of the country and couldn't watch. Sounds like I'm glad I didn't.

Here's my "I told you so!"

The TN win wasn't so much about how good we are but rather how bad TN is.

Napier ain't the guy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This was an ugly game, no matter how you slice it. And I wasn’t surprised by that. I was actually one who felt we’d see something like this. But I will say this, especially to anyone reading the box score. This game was never even remotely in question(not that it should have, just ftr). As much as I have an issue with Napier‘s conservative playcalling in times, the only reason we didn’t have 30 points in the first half was because he was trying to get a new kicker involved. Honestly, it was the smart move. The problem though is we completely missed the mark and wasted and opportunity of a big lead and getting younger players involved. We’ll see which one proves more critical as the year goes on. But again, we could’ve gone for the fourth down or even called third down differently if we felt that we needed to score. Not exactly my style, but it wasn’t just bumbling around with no success.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This was an ugly game, no matter how you slice it. And I wasn’t surprised by that. I was actually one who felt we’d see something like this. But I will say this, especially to anyone reading the box score. This game was never even remotely in question(not that it should have, just ftr). As much as I have an issue with Napier‘s conservative playcalling in times, the only reason we didn’t have 30 points in the first half was because he was trying to get a new kicker involved. Honestly, it was the smart move. The problem though is we completely missed the mark and wasted and opportunity of a big lead and getting younger players involved. We’ll see which one proves more critical as the year goes on. But again, we could’ve gone for the fourth down or even called third down differently if we felt that we needed to score. Not exactly my style, but it wasn’t just bumbling around with no success.
Oh I disagree. There was plenty of bumbling about. Plenty.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Oh I disagree. There was plenty of bumbling about. Plenty.

Ok, fair. The second half was very blah and had mistakes. I guess my point was that if we needed to score points to win this game, we could have. It’s still a bad way of approaching this game. The only saving grace for me was Jean and Boardingham getting playing time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.