Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Charlotte***

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
3rd down conversions no bueno….

And those saying they wished younger guys got more time forget almost ALL our dudes are younger guys. Freshmen and sophomores everywhere in the two deep rotations all over the field…. I think our ones still need as many reps as possible before we get to the meat of the schedule…..

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The problem though is we completely missed the mark and wasted and opportunity of a big lead and getting younger players involved.
Really, the only young guys who needed to get some playing time and didn’t were the QBs. Otherwise we got a lot a Freshmen and Sophomores some PT last night. Of course as young as this team is we usually do get them a lot of PT!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was an ugly game, no matter how you slice it. And I wasn’t surprised by that. I was actually one who felt we’d see something like this. But I will say this, especially to anyone reading the box score. This game was never even remotely in question(not that it should have, just ftr). As much as I have an issue with Napier‘s conservative playcalling in times, the only reason we didn’t have 30 points in the first half was because he was trying to get a new kicker involved. Honestly, it was the smart move. The problem though is we completely missed the mark and wasted and opportunity of a big lead and getting younger players involved. We’ll see which one proves more critical as the year goes on. But again, we could’ve gone for the fourth down or even called third down differently if we felt that we needed to score. Not exactly my style, but it wasn’t just bumbling around with no success.
That’s some major spin buddy . The game plan was to kick as many field goals as possible Muschump style ?The OL and play calling were abysmal

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That’s some major spin buddy . The game plan was to kick as many field goals as possible Muschump style ?The OL and play calling were abysmal
How much lotion did you go through?

You were pretty quiet after the game last week, not so much this week. Why is that?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How much lotion did you go through?

You were pretty quiet after the game last week, not so much this week. Why is that?
I made a handful of posts last week and enjoyed the ball game. Not sure what that has to do with last nights poor performance

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know if this is the best place for this but I haven’t seen it anywhere else so here it goes.

What’s the deal with Kamari Wilson?

I saw something about him being removed from the field during pregame last night. I know he has been in free fall on the depth chart but I didn’t think he was near implosion.

Any insight into the situation?

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I don’t know if this is the best place for this but I haven’t seen it anywhere else so here it goes.

What’s the deal with Kamari Wilson?

I saw something about him being removed from the field during pregame last night. I know he has been in free fall on the depth chart but I didn’t think he was near implosion.

Any insight into the situation?
Castell and Mitchell are better! Wilson will enter the portal as soon as possible and my have already left the team in order to preserve a RS year, I have this on good authority.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Of course not. I even said the game was ugly and I didn’t like the approach. We shouldn’t have even had that many 3rd downs against a team like that. My point was we had two 4th and 3’s, and two 4th and 1’s, all four inside their 20. Obviously if we’d needed to push things we could have. Instead, we gave our new kicker needed practice. Again, I’d prefer a different overall approach and would rather him get the 54 yarder and maybe one more simply because we’re scoring TD all night. But if we don’t need it and the opportunity presents itself for him to gain confidence for a time when we need to rely on him moving forward, it makes sense.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Dude, you have about 6 posts regarding a kicker substitution. You’d think mihalik was pro vaccine (or once wore a BLM shirt) with your level of excitement over this.

But, it’s not some sign of coaching genius.
I didn't say it was. My point was at least we have a coach that doesn't appear to be unwilling to change

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Really, the only young guys who needed to get some playing time and didn’t were the QBs. Otherwise we got a lot a Freshmen and Sophomores some PT last night. Of course as young as this team is we usually do get them a lot of PT!

It’s mostly QBs yes. We are still one play away from having to rely on Brown, so that’s a wasted opportunity to get him reps. But even ETN on the final drives. I’d much rather he and RP be shut down in the 4th, for their own good and so it can be just Mizell, Jean, Webb, etc.

Honestly what I saw had some Mullen-esque features in that we seemed to be going 2nd/3rd string throughout rather than putting our foot down early, and having two almost completely games personnel wise. That’s how it’s almost always been done and what I prefer. But at least Jean and Boardingham had nice plays

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We did not look great. We all know that. The team knows it, and so does the staff. Staff thinks it's on the players. Who knows? Our offense does not dismantle teams. It was the kind of game that, after a big Tennessee win, brings us back to reality. Oh well. Hopefully Napier knows what he's doing on offense, although if you had to bet... Beat Kentucky!

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
The play that looked to be QB draw probably was supposed to go to Ricky but the defender picked him up and busted that option. The problem with that play is that left Mertz with no other option which is just a bad design. GN podcast guy is going to have a field day this week talking about this offense

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.