Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Charlotte***

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Smart to rest him until UK, but him combined with the suspensions is going to make for a rough first half (if not game) for the OL... I expect it to look sloppy, will be really pleasantly surprised if it’s not.
Hopefully not sloppy, but definitely good for the 2s to get significant playing time and reps. We’re one snap away from a guy like Farmer or Harris(who I’m actually not that worried about) being a starter.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That’s what makes this game a little concerning to me. If there’s one thing we’ve seen is a lack of consistent, week in week out, performance from this team. The hangover from ut, the accolades this week and the feeling that we accomplished something, combined with a QB like Jones who, if nothing else, was a P5 talent, makes this game a perfect blah performance. Not calling a loss obviously, or even a close win. But if we go into this with the wrong mindset, we could end up with starters spending way too much time on the field. That defeats the purpose of these games and puts important pieces at risk for longer than they should.

These are the kind of weeks that our huge support cast earns their check. It’s not just the talent that teams like uga and Alabama have, it’s the people on their staff tasked with keeping the kids sharp and engaged. We have that now and hopefully it shows.
BN isn't happy with this week's practices.

Time for some midnight workouts?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hopefully not sloppy, but definitely good for the 2s to get significant playing time and reps. We’re one snap away from a guy like Farmer or Harris(who I’m actually not that worried about) being a starter.
Agreed, but what I was trying to subtly say for the ballless nervous Nellie's among us was: "Don't get all apoplectic 'n schit when we have basically a new Oline, several playing out of position, struggle against a team that while yes, it's little ole Charlotte, but a LOT of their players are very high talent athletes/recruits to P5 type schools that couldn't hang either academically or whatever but are high talent athletes nonetheless." :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Smart to rest him until UK, but him combined with the suspensions is going to make for a rough first half (if not game) for the OL... I expect it to look sloppy, will be really pleasantly surprised if its not.
This game may give our punter a chance to work out his kinks.

Come out with a win and no injuries.

Last edited:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Napier is worried that his team will play down to the level of a lesser opponent and have not developed the mental toughness that it takes to win big in these types of games where the emphasis is playing to your standard. We are not just playing Charlotte Saturday but in a sense we are playing ourselves. To get ready for the tough games ahead we do not want to be riding an up and down roller coaster but want to be consistently getting better. This is what Nick Saban preaches and his team obviously did not play to the Alabama standard against USF.

Glad to see the fans on board by selling out the stadium even though it's Charlotte. Anticipation is building for a good season. We'll see.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Can’t wait to get back in the SWAMP, hope the fans give Charlotte a good dose of can you hear me now mutherfocker! We need practice too.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
jdh has ruined it for me... it's not like he even knows who the two girls are or has ever watched the show, but he's ruined the gif.
i recognized the scene but no clue where from. that said, there's something about the one in pink... dont know what it is, but its something. :yum:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
i recognized the scene but no clue where from. that said, there's something about the one in pink... dont know what it is, but its something. :yum:
You are referring to her, or as the fellas on the show slowwwwly say when she enters a scene: "Bonnnnnie McMurrrrrray..."

halloween britney GIF by CraveTV

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Jackson and Terjada are not the right players to be talking.

The players who need to do the talking are some starters from last year’s Utah win who thought they were world beaters until KY smacked them.

The Gators cannot stop being the hunters just because they beat UT.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Maybe Jackson and Terjada are not the right players to be talking.

The players who need to do the talking are some starters from last year’s Utah win who thought they were world beaters until KY smacked them.

The Gators cannot stop being the hunters just because they beat UT.
Nope... LEADER's lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.