Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Charlotte***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You are an intelligent guy but reading is fundamental. My comment had nothing to do with a game result or a final score. It has nothing to do with stats or scoreboard numbers. It references a process that I think over time matters more than one specific point in time. But I do not have an issue with scoreboard watchers who think that defines the whole.
"Scoreboard watchers"? I'm not sure if anyone has ever told you this, but the team with the most points on the scoreboard at the end of the game wins.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Mazzccua, George and Zanders suspended for the first half of this week’s game.
Three of our players? They didn't even take their helmets off.
Terrence Howard This Aint Right This Aint Fair GIF by Empire FOX

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
That would be a good thought, but you are very knowledgable. Have you seen the Pop Warner, pedestrian route schemes? Our receivers are not open b/c they are all condensed (ala Cousin Eddie), there is little to no route combos to force any well coached back 7 to make any decisions, unlike the way our opponents always seem to force our guys into obvious mismatches or poor decision making. The TE has 2 plays basically and even if we had a pass catching threat at that position, there is not a play that occupies defenders in the middle of the field. Sling Blade is correct when he mentions precision. If your passing scheme is going to be what it currently is you need one of 2 things for it to look competent: Superior talent to the opponents that matter (we do not have that) or Complete perfection in fundamentals, precision and discipline in all facets against the opponents that matter, We do not have that. So this passing game will remain as is. If it were not for Fred Mertz creating some windows for himself the other night it would not have been good. He made up for many O-line mistakes.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
While funny, it also got me wondering: Where are the guys who made up Mullenz last staff? Unsurprisingly, they either have moved laterally, down, or are currently not coaching. Says a lot doesn't it? If anyone's curious here they are in no particular order:

Coach Then Now
Dan Mullen - HC - Currently not coaching

Christian Robinson - LB's - LB's Baylor (Was at Auburn last season)

Jules Montinar - CB's - CB's East Carolina (Was at Temple last season)

Wesley McGriff - S's - DB's Auburn (Was at Louisville last season)

Garrick McGee - QB's - WR's Louisville (Was at Purdue last season)

David Turner - DL - DL Miss State (Was at Ga Tech last season)

John Hevesy - OL - Currently not coaching

Todd Grantham - DC - DL N.O. Saints (Was at Bama last season as an analyst)

Billy Gonzales - WR's - WR's UF

Tim Brewster - TE's - TE's Colorado (was at Jackson State last season)

Greg Knox - RB's - Offensive Analyst Miss State (was at Univ of Buffalo last season)
Mullen's coaching "tree" is a "tuber"

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Mazzccua, George and Zanders suspended for the first half of this week’s game.
That's a "pat on the back," not a "kick in the ass"... I'll take it... was fully expecting the SEC to **** on Mazzccua for an SEC game.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm sure the SEC had a conversation with the coaches, too. Like... don't put players in a position where something like this happens. All in all, it was a weird situation and ending. From our standpoint,...we won the game, won the fight, and only got one half out for those guys. Not bad. And I think we made a statement, too. Heck, if some t-shirt company was smart they'd sign that dude an NIL deal with him in that southpaw stance.

Last edited:

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While funny, it also got me wondering: Where are the guys who made up Mullenz last staff? Unsurprisingly, they either have moved laterally, down, or are currently not coaching. Says a lot doesn't it? If anyone's curious here they are in no particular order:

Coach Then Now
Dan Mullen - HC - Currently not coaching

Christian Robinson - LB's - LB's Baylor (Was at Auburn last season)

Jules Montinar - CB's - CB's East Carolina (Was at Temple last season)

Wesley McGriff - S's - DB's Auburn (Was at Louisville last season)

Garrick McGee - QB's - WR's Louisville (Was at Purdue last season)

David Turner - DL - DL Miss State (Was at Ga Tech last season)

John Hevesy - OL - Currently not coaching

Todd Grantham - DC - DL N.O. Saints (Was at Bama last season as an analyst)

Billy Gonzales - WR's - WR's UF

Tim Brewster - TE's - TE's Colorado (was at Jackson State last season)

Greg Knox - RB's - Offensive Analyst Miss State (was at Univ of Buffalo last season)
I see Hevesy is doing the same thing he did while he was here.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, I'm sure the SEC had a conversation with the coaches, too. Like... don't put players in a position where something like this happens. All in all, in was a weird situation and ending. From our standpoint,...we won the game, won the fight, and only got one half out for those guys. Not bad. And I think we made a statement, too. Heck, if some t-shirt company was smart they'd sign that dude an NIL deal with him in that southpaw stance.
And, the half they’re out is a game we can afford to have them miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.